What do you expect a FO to do?

Basically just keep the team alive, which includes sd/jz, resta/anti, spamming the right techs when necessary, and provide witty memes to keep moral at a high.

Well Anti, Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure are mandatory. If the party wants to be healed then Resta is mandatory as well. Nevertheless in my experience I spam lilies and also use gifoe on epi 4 and nobody complains. I liked your post because that's what's force should do. Sometimes I've played with forces that just want to do damaged forgetting their primary roles (Support). Making the game harder because is like no force are there. Force meaning is Support 1st, then if party is healthy you can do some damage.
Ayanami- Foney Lv 195-Pinkal
Gypsy- Hucaseal Lv 170- Purple

I play a fonewm. I'm constantly nuking. Regardless of lilies or not, I play hardcore so the stuns are good for us. Being killed instantly is never good. Of course I still buff and debuff. Your damage as a Fo is very reliable. Never feel shy to drop techs on mobs. After you buff/debuff of course. Since s/d usually lasts a good while at high lvls. Walk in a room, drop that defensive debuff and start teching or melee fighting. Your choice there. Also a well placed rabarta does wonders for huge mobs. At least a couple are bound to get locked down. Which helps the party overall. I think you doing fine personally, try adding more dmg in fights, it always helps.

As most have said, when I'm on the notFO side of the equation, I'm happy if S/D are kept up and Zallure is used (I don't have any characters awesome enough to regard Zallure as a "waste of time"). And if I'm on HUcaseal, naturally I enjoy being healed. Tech stun for Zu, lilies, etc. is good too.

I have gotten a nice bunch of weapons (hit Vivienne, Girasole, SoF, charge assault) over the course of the holiday event, and I do enjoy using them. But in a party with multiple very good damage dealers, I will rarely get the opportunity. Plus, I have to switch in several units (Smartlink, God/Arm, H/battle...I always have an H/power in to equip Parasol regardless) to make it worthwhile, so I usually try to plan ahead while still on the ship if I'm going to be doing that. Even then, I find myself using Grants more on the dodgy enemies, even with capped accuracy + Smartlink.

What do I expect a FO to do, you ask?

images

Something a FO should NOT do:

Rabarta deldepth (they seem to desync 100% of the time, so only the person who freezes them can hit them - this applies to rangers too, don't freeze it unless you're gonna kill it). I don't play androids so I don't know how they interact with freeze traps.

Same deal applies to Gibbles, but only at the start of his spawn (since he has a spawn animation where he's untargetable for a bit). This one isn't 100%, but it happens if he spawned on your screen first and you freeze him right away.

Source: multi-clienting.

Deldepths are retarded yeah, but rabarta isn't an unviable choice. There's times when not only your party is braindead and doesn't know how to deal with them properly, but you got no casts or you got NEO's there who will try to CT them. Then it becomes viable to crowd control them so no one gets megid'd.

Besides the comments already been given, you can use thirteen and dob, piercing megid with the right gear on ep2/4. Sometimes hell s-ranks are good too. Excal with some hit works wonders if you have the time to even damage them. Mostly, with a good team that would not be the case unless it is a hard quest. I've got a high lvl Fomar + Fonewm and the demons sns works wonders as well for girta's. 3-4 lizards usually means piercing megid, more means gifoie for me. DMC discouraged me to go nuking with techs, even with fonewm. S-rank Arrest slicer with 502 (501 works as well) does the job fine with sns. It depends on how you want to play the game and how you want to fill in your role besides the classic sdjzr shizzle.

Support Technique level priority makes you soft. You learn how to only cast Techniques on yourself really quickly on V2 when dying and casting Shifta the normal way ruins everybody else's combo. :p

People would also be more aware of how to do this kind of thing if Battle mode wasn't the black sheep mode of the game. ;)

Back