What book are you reading?

I also have to continue with the Dune series. Read the first trilogy recently, need to move onto the next trilogy.
Dune gets really weird after Children. I almost suggest only reading the first book because FRANK HERBERT KINDA DIED before finishing the series.
And his son's handling of the series is quite awful.

But I love the dune universe so much I suffered through 8 of those books for small their bits of history/lore before I eventually just couldn't stand it further.

Dune gets really weird after Children. I almost suggest only reading the first book because FRANK HERBERT KINDA DIED before finishing the series.
And his son's handling of the series is quite awful.

But I love the dune universe so much I suffered through 8 of those books for small their bits of history/lore before I eventually just couldn't stand it further.

I have heard that his son did a terrible job trying to finish from a co-worker. Frank's notes of the final books are online, so I was told to just read those.

The philosophy in the book is really interesting to me, and I hear that's what a lot of the 4th book is about.

Frank's notes of the final books are online, so I was told to just read those.
I just did a search and couldn't find anything except many variations of "the notes never existed why else would the books have been so awful."

The Dune franchise ends at Heretics for me. I got bored of the franchise after Chapterhouse and I never bothered reading the following books.

Btw Dune II needs a modern day release/remaster/sequel etc.

Last edited:
A co-worker of mine just published a sci-fi book....just finished reading that. Surprisingly good, actually.

"Somewhere in the endless darkness of space lies an uncharted planet.. The planet orbits dangerously close to the very hostile territory, the Dominion. A special team of scientists has gone missing after finding a mysterious ancient relic on the planet’s surface. Soon after the team sent out a distress message, all contact was then lost."

$3.99 for a digital version on Amazon if anyone is interested. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Horizon...8&sr=1-2&keywords=Horizons+Genesis#nav-subnav

A co-worker of mine just published a sci-fi book....just finished reading that. Surprisingly good, actually.

"Somewhere in the endless darkness of space lies an uncharted planet.. The planet orbits dangerously close to the very hostile territory, the Dominion. A special team of scientists has gone missing after finding a mysterious ancient relic on the planet’s surface. Soon after the team sent out a distress message, all contact was then lost."

$3.99 for a digital version on Amazon if anyone is interested. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Horizon...8&sr=1-2&keywords=Horizons+Genesis#nav-subnav

Space sci-fi's, are the best sci-fi's. :D

I'm starting the Dragonriders of Pern novels.

I'm going to read them in publication order, as some research has suggested it's the best way to experience the novels for the first-time reader.

Just finished The Sinking of the Titanic by Hans Magnus Enzensberger
super cool poem yo

H5nqxVo.png

Re-reading this cuz it's like the opposite of my life rn, but when I first read it, in 2014, I related to it a lot

Last edited:
@anime is spazzing out trying to get me to post in this thread for SOME REASON

So uh, last thing I read was https://www.amazon.com/dp/042528462X/ (as well as all of his other books).

The Dune franchise ends at Heretics for me. I got bored of the franchise after Chapterhouse and I never bothered reading the following books.
I actually re-read heretics a few months ago. I wanted to re-read godemperor but I made the mistake of lending it out.
Also: there were no following books

anime - Today at 11:23 PM
idk i just hope if people post about books i can get people to read Mrs Dalloway
jake - Today at 11:23 PM
oh man I posted in this thread
anime - Today at 11:23 PM
and change their lives forever
:expressionless:
:astonished:
jake - Today at 11:24 PM
no one is gonna read a book you suggest ever
anime - Today at 11:24 PM
how cooome
i read lotta good book
jake - Today at 11:24 PM
like if you suggested a book that was in my to read pile I`d take it out and burn it

Last edited:
djbzi8.jpg

On a spy thriller kick, and this one's a little more linear and easier to follow than other incredibly written but complex layered espionage stories I've read in the past.

@conenubi701 Hell yes a Dune movie done right (I won't hold my breath) would be a huge success I think. Regarding the books, the first one is all I would ever recommend, it got a bit convoluted after that for me. I listened to all of them up to Chapterhouse.

Atm I'm listening to book 10 of the Wheel of Time, "Winter's Heart".

" the historian " by Elizabeth Kostova is such a great novel, couldn't put it down.

Back