Weapon Name Monkey King Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich

rich#1042 on Discord
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
To me it seems obvious that there are racist implications that come with this weapon name. I have tried to convince Monkey King Bar to change its name and also messaged mods, and to no avail. If the mods really show that they are careless enough to let such blatant racism slide on their server, I am going to threaten to leave as an ultimatum in hopes that they don't call my bluff and not change it.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

To me it seems obvious that there are racist implications that come with this weapon name. I have tried to convince Monkey King Bar to change its name and also messaged mods, and to no avail. If the mods really show that they are careless enough to let such blatant racism slide on their server, I am going to threaten to leave as an ultimatum in hopes that they don't call my bluff and not change it.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.
The "Monkey King" is steeped in Asian lore and Epicness....the "bar" itself.....Holy Crap...<3 Soooo the short answer.... NO!
Another example of the Monkey King with his bar...

Last edited:
Had always wanted to create a thread on the Lore of the extended list of epic PSO items with what others would think are odd whimsical names of items...but a LOT of them have Legit Historical names...Durendal...Caladbolg....Kusanagi....Yunchang....Shichishito....Just to name a few are ACTUAL Historical weapons! There's a LOT of really neat Easter eggs in PSO if one were to notice them! <3 WE NEED a thread on this dammit!!! XD!

Last edited:
Had always wanted to create a thread on the Lore of the extended list of epic PSO items with what others would think are odd whimsical names of items...but a LOT of them have Legit Historical names...Durendal...Caladbolg....Kusanagi....Yunchang....Shichishito....Just to name a few are ACTUAL Historical weapons...just to name a few! There's a LOT of really neat Easter eggs in PSO if one were to notice them! <3 WE NEED a thread on this dammit!!! XD!

And the Zanba. Don't forget the Zanba. Just add two letters, and you'll have the name for a Japanese sword that was good for taking down a horse and his rider (before the rifle stole the spotlight as a more easily-usable method).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back