Was I hacked, some sort of server item reset, or something else?

Shominaminoto

Good afternoon,

I wanted to enjoy some nostalgia after a long hiatus from this game.

When I logged in, all my characters appearances change once actually playing the game. Additionally, I seemingly have no items other than what looks like what you would start with, but as far as I can tell the levels are all the same and even mat usage.

Was I hacked or was there some sort of item reset in the past? Any info would be great.

Capture.JPG

Yeah, so, there wasn't any item reset.

I don't know if you were "hacked" or maybe someone had access to your account somehow. (Either logging onto it through your computer or, perhaps, you shared the credentials with a BUDDY who took advantage. Who really knows?)

That being said, we're not the security of your account. That's all on you.

I do hope you figure out what happened to your items, though. Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do as far as restoration or rollback for you.

Perhaps if Ender or someone else has time, they can try to look through logs to see the last time your account was logged into and so on and so forth.

Depending on when the person was last logged in, we could see item drop or trade data. But, if all your gear was vendored or just dropped on the ground and the game quit, that wouldn't be logged.

But, yeah, that's probably the extent of what we can do for you.

Upon further inspection of your account, to me, it looks like you imported this account from another server. (Ultima or Schtserv.)

You've never had equipment on Ephinea and you're confusing what you had on one server vs. another.

Yes, the characters are the same, but your inventory does NOT carry over.

I can tell this is an imported account because of the correlation of character level and mag level plus equipment.

The auto generated mag I used to give to imported characters is 2x the character level and that's the same here. The equipment generated also makes what my tool generates as well.

Example: Raikiri, your LV 93 Purplenum RAcast has a level 186 Kama.

Not BK, your LV 80 FOmarl has a level 160 Ila.

The LV 200 Kama which goes with BK-97, your level 100 RAcaseal, is in your common bank.

You've lost nothing. You just never had anything.

Upon further inspection of your account, to me, it looks like you imported this account from another server. (Ultima or Schtserv.)

You've never had equipment on Ephinea and you're confusing what you had on one server vs. another.

Yes, the characters are the same, but your inventory does NOT carry over.

I can tell this is an imported account because of the correlation of character level and mag level plus equipment.

The auto generated mag I used to give to imported characters is 2x the character level and that's the same here. The equipment generated also makes what my tool generates as well.

Example: Raikiri, your LV 93 Purplenum RAcast has a level 186 Kama.

Not BK, your LV 80 FOmarl has a level 160 Ila.

The LV 200 Kama which goes with BK-97, your level 100 RAcaseal, is in your common bank.

You've lost nothing. You just never had anything.

I had no idea that was even a thing, no wonder I was so confused. Thank you for looking into it and for your help.

Well, your account is very old, and somebody imported your characters back in the day. If not you, then I guess Casper the friendly ghost! :')

Well, Ultima seems dead anyways. Where can I read up on the differences of the two servers, how importing works, and maybe anything else you'd recommend? I am not necessarily against starting from scratch.

Well, Ultima seems dead anyways. Where can I read up on the differences of the two servers, how importing works, and maybe anything else you'd recommend? I am not necessarily against starting from scratch.
Worse of worst case scenarios....mail mew if and when you do decide to start over again, luv! She can at least try to get you rolling again to reclaim some of your lost mojo~! Starting over SUCKS BIG FLOPPY DONKEY....Buuuut, with our community...it won't be as traumatizing! =3!

Don't know about where to read differences between Ultima and Ephinea, but you read about Ephinea from the homepage under the info tab:

As for imports, we haven't offered them for years. All that got transferred were your materials, half your levels, some extremely basic gear, and an auto generated mag so you could get started.

Back