VoiP - How much are you using it?

How much are you using the integrated VoiP

• Everytime I can with everyone I can.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Sometimes with friends/people who ask for it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barely anytime.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At least I tried it out.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Never/I have it off.

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters

KidaRad

So I was wondering how much are you all using the new integrated VoIP after it was implemented outside the beta? Have you tried it out? At least for PSOBB, it should have made services like TeamSpeak, Mumble, Ventrilo, Discord and Skype (outside the text chat), among other methods of voice transmission, obsolete.

Are your teams using it for communication on parties made from members? Or at least are you using it with randoms/friends for coordination/co-op communication in quests that require so?

I usually just listen to people shittalk in the lobby since I don't have a working mic anymore, nor do I really care to. :p It works as intended so far, all I can say.

I still use discord Skype and other functions, but not to chat. I don't have a mic so. I just use them as instant messengers. I have voip off.

Never/I have it off.

I use Discord to communicate via voice with those whom I choose to speak with. Being able to communicate via text, share links & media, and having a contact list makes things more convenient for me.

Never on XP (I should try to get my 360 headset working on it though)

I do use it on W10 for 2v2 or rule 2/3 battles. I hate the Skype overlay during calls lol.

Never use it, prefer to use Skype or Discord.

Sodaboy did an amazing job to get it to work. I'm just not using it because I have no microphone and I don't really need to speak while playing.

It is a very cool feature but I still find using skype easier to communicate with my friends that I play with. I like having the game sound come through my monitor's speakers and voices come through my headset.

I have it disabled because two reasons both pertaining to Discord:

- Discord and PSO will fight for mic rights and cause PSO to crash occasionally
- I have more control over Discord's mic settings and such than PSO's

Finally got it to work and then no one uses it often.
I cant use skype or Discord becuz of how everything is set-up
i have a broken headphone and mic jack so i use a USB Adapter annnddd my laptop hates it so much i barely got the audio to work so I just dont wanna touch it in fear of messing up the audio settings for the adapter
The adapter

I don't use VoIP because I solo, and have no desire to hear children trolling in the lobby.
Edit: also, because my music is too loud, and i HATE headsets.
*Sometimes i wish there was an /ignoreall command

Last edited:
Reactions: NDW
Back