Usable color cards that change your ID

i am somehow not entirely against this. the inability to change what rules your loot pools is pretty inconvenient and i think this could be implemented reasonably, to where its either a (very, but not uber) rare drop from the chart, or from gallon for 20?pds or something. neat idea

There may be a Section ID change with the potential Episode 1-4 Drop Rework, here;
>> https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/episode-1-4-drop-rework.11429/

That being said, I'm assuming the whole idea behind letting players change Section ID's is to expand the scope of Items a player is capable of hunting, and I'm assuming the goal of that is to improve the economy. Which is counter-intuitive to this sort of gate keeping with drop rolls. If you want to expand the economy this way, just give the players unlimited section ID changes.

I wouldn't be entirely opposed since, as a Whitill, people ask me to make games all the time when an EP2 HBR hits, so no one's really even limited by their Section ID as it is.

I just can't see people buying uber rare items from each other that let them change their Section ID, when people make games for eachother all the time. If anything, items like this would discourage helpful behavior. "No one makes games for eachother anymore because they're trying to sell their /ModSectionID cards"

There may be a Section ID change with potential BB Drop Changes.
>> https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/episode-1-4-drop-rework.11429/

That being said, I'm assuming the whole idea behind letting players change Section ID's is to expand the scope of Items a player is capable of hunting, and I'm assuming the goal of that is to improve the economy. Which is counter-intuitive to this sort of gate keeping with drop rolls. If you want to expand the economy this way, just give the players unlimited section ID changes.
Unlimited changes wouldn't benefit the economy lol.
I wouldn't be entirely opposed since, as a Whitill, people ask me to make games all the time when an EP2 HBR hits, so no one's really even limited by their Section ID as it is.
Yes but its not like 100% guarantee to find someone to run 1 quest with you 100 times lol. Alot of mems as nubs might not even understand sec ids until it's too late.

I just can't see people buying uber rare items from each other that let them change their Section ID, when people make games for eachother all the time. If anything, items like this would discourage helpful behavior. "No one makes games for eachother anymore because they're trying to sell their /ModSectionID cards"
People will still play with each other lmao, everyone probably wants just 1 main id, the cards would be used 1 time for users that feel like they chose wrong.

I just can't see people buying uber rare items from each other that let them change their Section ID, when people make games for eachother all the time

many players have leveled 9 alts to 80 specifically for the ability to make games of any id. players are willing to go pretty far to get the right id on their game.

I didn't come here to debate it lmao. I wasn't like, attacking your idea. Quite the opposite.
I simply stated that I agree, but that I think it should be free, and I explained why I think it should be free with the fact that changing your section ID right now is as easy as asking someone in the lobby to make a game for you.

many players have leveled 9 alts to 80 specifically for the ability to make games of any id. players are willing to go pretty far to get the right id on their game.

True, I forget about that.

Unlimited changes wouldn't benefit the economy lol.
Section ID changes would directly impact the economy.
Anytime you see a demand for an item, you can hunt it and fill that demand.
More Trading = Improved Economy.

nubs might not even understand sec ids until it's too late.
New players can change their Section ID for free.

People will still play with each other lmao
I never said they wouldn't.

Pretty cool idea actually.

Probably a little too far from Vanilla for the mods to go for.

Reactions: Wil
I have a completely baseless heory that SEGA actually planned to do something like this (maybe even changing the room's ID if the leader has a corresponding card equipped), but never managed to do it or just didn't care in the end.

Could it be, though, that someone here dropped a Section ID Card and isn't happy that such a rare drop isn't worth anything? =P

I'm totally in favour of this, by the way. Section ID Cards are so rare that they should get some use. Changing one's ID is definitely very good, but it's not like ID Cards usually drop very often.

(Also, why does Yellowboze Card have worse stats than the others and Whitill Card is just superior? Bad game balance. SEGA pls.)

I didn't come here to debate it lmao. I wasn't like, attacking your idea. Quite the opposite.
I simply stated that I agree, but that I think it should be free, and I explained why I think it should be free with the fact that changing your section ID right now is as easy as asking someone in the lobby to make a game for you.

True, I forget about that.

Section ID changes would directly impact the economy.
Anytime you see a demand for an item, you can hunt it and fill that demand.
More Trading = Improved Economy.

New players can change their Section ID for free.

I never said they wouldn't.
Just discussing lol no hate, point counterpoint.

My argument about trading was meant to say adding more items that are sought after benefits the economy. While having unlimited doesn't really add anymore drops that could've dropped on any id.

As for new players using sec id, they can get to 20 in shit 30 mins, 10 on mas. Im sure tons of people's are stuck with undesirable ids lol

I have a completely baseless heory that SEGA actually planned to do something like this (maybe even changing the room's ID if the leader has a corresponding card equipped), but never managed to do it or just didn't care in the end.

Could it be, though, that someone here dropped a Section ID Card and isn't happy that such a rare drop isn't worth anything? =P

I'm totally in favour of this, by the way. Section ID Cards are so rare that they should get some use. Changing one's ID is definitely very good, but it's not like ID Cards usually drop very often.

(Also, why does Yellowboze Card have worse stats than the others and Whitill Card is just superior? Bad game balance. SEGA pls.)

Really seems like it was supposed to be so before they dropped support lol, we can do what Sega Nintendidnt lol

Last edited:
Section ID is limiting you, if someone makes a game for me and I enter it without having a party it's a huge disadvantage (enemy stats) compared to own the right ID on a char you're able to finish the quest in 1p mode. I can solo Pw4 not sure if I could pull off Pw4 multi as ramarl for example(without using adr^^also the difference in time even if I could do it).

Last edited:

At one time many people thought this is what the Section ID cards did. Unfortunately we found out they were only useless ubers for the most part.

Last edited:
It's a neat idea, but there's a lot to clear up before potentially implementing it. You'd have to remove the cards from Coren's prize list, and figure out something that makes the cards "usable" without making it easy to do so on accident, since "Use" replaces "Remove" when you have a usable item equipped.

What would be really cool is if using an ID card gave you the ability to "mod" your Section ID with a command. It wouldn't visually change your character, but you'd permanently be able to make a room with that ID. You'd also be able to switch between any unlocked IDs and your starter ID at all times. This would be convenient as hell and not too broken of an idea, since ID cards are stupidly rare (again, assuming they're removed from Coren). It's also not too out-of-line with the "vision" of the game - why wouldn't an ID card give you "permission" to get that ID's items?

Just spitballing, obviously...

I don't think they'd have to be removed from Coren. The 100k gamble is really expensive and it will most like take you a ton of tries until you get the Card you want.

Let's take Greenill Card, for example. The chance to get it from Coren is 1/300 at the 100k Gamble. That's a lot of Meseta you have to spend on average. I don't think a 1/300 chance for 100k Meseta is really good at all.

At one time in the early V1/V2 days many people thought this is what the Section ID cards did. Unfortunately we found out they were only useless ubers for the most part.
Uh... no. ^^; The Card weapon class does not even exist in Dreamcast at all, let alone the Section ID Cards themselves. The Twin Sword, Launcher, and Card weapon classes were introduced in V3.

Uh... no. ^^; The Card weapon class does not even exist in Dreamcast at all, let alone the Section ID Cards themselves. The Twin Sword, Launcher, and Card weapon classes were introduced in V3.

I’m sure you’re correct, I apologize when you’ve been playing since version 1 time periods tend to blur together.

Back