Urgent news. (Resolved)

Namakemono

My IP or something is getting blocked. I need to be very clear about everything I'm saying and make sure you understand. While it may sound like a ban, and we've all been instructed to only make PMs about bans, I have reasons to believe that it is NOT a ban, which would be the reason to post about this issue within the Technical Support forum. I am not sure if this sort of thing has happened on Ephinea before, but some force is stopping me from not only playing the game, but even seeing the website or forums. Something is causing my connection to time out every time I try to load the website or forum. Even the launcher times out, showing "0 hunters online" after I get a laggy black box that takes forever to load an empty news page. I've tried every remedy from a DNS flush and whatnot, and nothing prevailed. Now, you might be thinking how I am able to make this post if this is the case? Actually, I'm not even the one making this post. I have to resort to another person to login to my account. I am not sure what the root of the issue is, but whatever it is that you need, please let me know and I will do everything within my power to do so, albeit my timing being off because I have to sluggishly depend on my friend. And just to give the people reading this absolute reassurance that it is something blocking my connection or some strange thing on my computer, I've tried using my phone to access the website, it did not work. But I tried using a website called hide.me to see if I can get on the site via proxy. It works. Sadly, it doesn't work well enough, so I can only see the pages load up. For whatever reason, when using the proxy website, I'm still unable to post. It's so strange how all of this has happened... But for those who actually wonder about what has happened to me, I sincerely do hope you have gotten the chance to read this post and not worry anymore. I'm still alive.

Last edited:
Lol not to be rude or get off topic but pls... whoever is posting this, PARAGRAPHS. @.@ Also it would be good to know who your ISP is. If I remember correctly there was talk of certain ISP's possibly being blocked by the host a while back? I could be very wrong, but that could be a thing.

My initial thought though would be try a quick router reset, or if you use a router/modem combo power cycle the modem to get a new IP address as the host could be incorrectly blocking you for a potential error from how your ISP sent packets.

Nameka..no ..no..

Hope you Sort it soon.

Also it would be good to know who your ISP is. If I remember correctly there was talk of certain ISP's possibly being blocked by the host a while back? I could be very wrong, but that could be a thing.

My ISP is COX Communications. Not sure if that's on the list of blocked ISPs tho.

I use COX also, and can play fine.

pls don't take that out of context.

I think calling this urgent news was a bit irresponsible. Yes, it's unfortunate that you can't connect, but inducing everyone to to read this is kinda clickbait-ey.

Reactions: Mad
Well, would you look at that? I suddenly have the ability to connect just like old times. It's not my friend posting anymore, it's just me, Namakemono. I really have no idea what happened just now, but it's all fixed. I just hope that the same issue does not come back in the future. It lasted me maybe a whole two weeks, this problem.

Sorry about the lack of paragraphs @Colette and clickbait @Ade but you all understand my situation, nonetheless. Alas, I feel that now that the problem is no longer present, this topic is useless and probably deserves a lock, if anything. Sorry for the trouble.

Yeah, it wasn't a huge deal. I just thought something bad had happened to the server or something. Glad your issue is resolved!

Back