Ultra Hardcore Mode (UDNB)

Won't you eventually run into a roadblock with a unavoidable one shot? Tho im interested when it will happen. xD

1600 HP + 90~100 EDK = Being able to survive every attack in the game. There's till being Combo'd but advanced players know how to avoid that, and advanced players is who this community-made mode is directed towards.

TLDR;
If you die in this game it's your fault.

Let's make things interesting. I am giving 12 (Hardcore) PDs to the first person or group to progress to Falz kill. You must provide proof of kill with screenshots.

Last edited:
1600 HP + 90~100 EDK = Being able to survive every attack in the game. There's till being Combo'd but advanced players know how to avoid that, and advanced players is who this community-made mode is directed towards.

TLDR;
If you die in this game it's your fault.

I was thinking more along the lines of standing waiting for falz to cast grants or falz swipe. Pretty sure you will be under hp/resists without grinding in hard or vh. ....Know there is limited use tricks to avoid but dont think it will matter in a drawn out battle.

Maybe im underestimating what you can get in a single run. *shrugs*

Last edited:
So are you allowed to replay Dungeons or do you have to just "keep moving"?

Here's what I was thinking, and I am open to suggestions:

Once you clear an area (such as Forest), you may not go back to that area. You may rerun your current area (Caves, in this case) if you are for whatever reason unable to clear a boss during a run, but you may not go back to an "easier" area to level. Does that make sense?

And like I said, nothing about this is set in stone. I welcome suggestions and thoughtful criticism.

Who can stop this man? It remains to be seen. Witness him.

FGOBBO.png
GobboFIREBALL.png
GobboP2.png
GOBLIN RR.png
Goblin anHero.png

Congratulations, hero. But, your work isn't done....

Updated progression.

Ashland, HUnewearl: Forest1, Forest2, Dragon, Caves1, Caves2, Caves3, Del Rol Le
Maybelle, FOmar: Forest1, Forest2, Dragon, Caves1, Caves2, Caves3, Del Rol Le

You got Ashland and I mixed up. Maybelle is HUnewearl, Ashland was FOmar.

I am down for this shit simply because it means a lot more HC death banners.

Ashland, HUnewearl: Forest1, Forest2, Dragon, Caves1, Caves2, Caves3, Del Rol Le
Maybelle, FOmar: Forest1, Forest2, Dragon, Caves1, Caves2, Caves3, Del Rol Le

You got Ashland and I mixed up. Maybelle is HUnewearl, Ashland was FOmar.

My apologies. Fixed my mistake and updated progression--another brave group of warriors has deactivated Vol Opt.

Might give it a try, should finally have some time to play next couple days :D.

Couple quick things.
No boosting means purity mode correct?

Would no weapon or armory shops + no techs from shops be a good idea?

How about limiting piping use to once per floor clear? Might still be to restrictive, not sure.

Point trying to get at before was to prehaps introduce limited grinding with level caps but it would probably take lot of trial and error to get right.

Might give it a try, should finally have some time to play next couple days :D.

Couple quick things.
No boosting means purity mode correct?

Would no weapon or armory shops + no techs from shops be a good idea?

How about limiting piping use to once per floor clear? Might still be to restrictive, not sure.

Point trying to get at before was to prehaps introduce limited grinding with level caps but it would probably take lot of trial and error to get right.

I hope you do give it a try!

I'm not sure what purity mode is. "No boosting" in this case means no receiving help from higher level players.

Personally, I like the restrictions you suggested (I am all for making things as challenging as possible) and I will be thinking about ways to implement them. Perhaps, for science, interested parties can run with those limitations and report on whether it's fun or not.

A question just occurred to me. Are we allowed to do ep2 and ep4 but start at level 1?
Or, would you prefer we try to complete ep1 first?

I hope you do give it a try!

I'm not sure what purity mode is. "No boosting" in this case means no receiving help from higher level players.

Personally, I like the restrictions you suggested (I am all for making things as challenging as possible) and I will be thinking about ways to implement them. Perhaps, for science, interested parties can run with those limitations and report on whether it's fun or not.

Oops my bad meant purist mode. From the server command page
/purist

Activates purist mode. Read here for more information.
Basically makes all rates 1x. I believe Roo played this way.

Oops my bad meant purist mode. From the server command page

Basically makes all rates 1x. I believe Roo played this way.

This is just what I was looking for. I wasn't aware that this existed, but yes, had I known about it I would have made this a rule from the beginning.

Since many people have already progressed using the original ruleset, I will add a special modifier--and possibly titles--to those who choose to progress on Purist mode. I will be rerolling a Purist mode Ultra HC toon in order to try it out.

A question just occurred to me. Are we allowed to do ep2 and ep4 but start at level 1?
Or, would you prefer we try to complete ep1 first?

I say, try it out! If you progress on a different episode, I will add it to the thread.

Back