Time Attack Thread (Vanilla)

Mop-Up Operation #3 (Episode 1)
2 Players

03"08 remaining - 05/05/18; Ender (HUcast), Straycat (RAmar)
TA_mu3_ep1_3_08_remaining.jpg

Straycat POV

Ender POV

Unfortunate desync with a Gillchich falling down on my screen in the second to last room caused me to panic and cost us a few seconds :( I mistimed the DF swing on the Sinow Red in the last room and was barely far enough away from the Baranz missiles to not get hit (ideally it wouldn't shoot and I would have been farther away with a better grouping of the Gillchichs). We restarted a number of times in the first two rooms due to DMC and poor rolls for ATA/ATP, so we didn't get much practice for the last room. We had some cleaner runs that were in the low 3:0x, but this is our best time and we're submitting it.

The "+30 seconds" message isn't consistent which can cause it popping up during a combo in the next room. It seems like a few doors can open up to a second late as well? Spawns aren't symmetrical and you need some luck with crit and ATA rolls to avoid losing time. With all gear fully sphered (including the HU's Raygun), high hit nonrares/DoB/HS, perfect execution, and good RNG, I imagine 3:30 is possible with this setup.

Fun quest but the quest is poorly implemented. We'll improve this time later.

Last edited:
Towards The Future
1 player (solomode)

08"43 - 05/08/18; Straycat (RAmar).

FdlFiTn.jpg

Video:

Some mistakes in this, but I can't be bothered to attempt any more of it. TTF requires way too much good RNG for my liking.

Kills are pretty close in Forest, so I had to swap to Yata Mirror to get more consistent 2S KOs on that Bartle line with a 0Native Berserk Arms. Otherwise, they would sometimes live with like 1-10HP remaining in some runs that don't get any crits at all.

8'3X is possible for RAmr, but I'm not trying for it. Apparently HUnl is the best for this (I can't personally try because I have almost no HU gear), so I'd like to see a sick time done on that character someday. Good luck to whoever makes the attempt-- I reckon it would require the stars to align for HUnl to really work.

Thanks.

Last edited:
EP1 Mop Up Operation 3 - 1:09 remaining (solomode)

Probably fastest as FOnm but really fun on HUct. Pretty sure 1:30+ remaining is possible for a HU run but the timing is tight because of the three doors that can open only every 5 seconds ._.

It would be great if this could happen every run on both Canune rings:

I don't know why youtube destroyed this quality so much when the render looks great. I need to test new settings in OBS I guess.

Solomode EP4 New Mop Up Operation #3 - 8:31 remaining

Been hunting HS since the timers were added back on Fodra and some runs have been pretty solid. A few moments of poor positioning followed by unfortunate RNG led to ~10 second loss here. I'll try for 8:40 at some point.

Mop Up Operation 3 - 1:18 remaining (1P mode)

First attempt at solo TA. I think I have a pretty decent game plan, but execution needs much work. Plan to upload a video when I clean it up. I also look forward to seeing how many minutes Ender will beat this by when he does some FOnewm runs.MU3.jpg

Last edited:
New Mop Up Operation 3 - 8:40 remaining (solomode)
Took me a million tries so thought I'd post this. New Merge Operation #3.
zIRXeK7.png
Stole some of @Ender 's uberstrats,
  • The mpiece gifoie conversion at 2nd zu; (Although it might not be required; even when I mess it up nothing seems to change)
  • Positioning of rafoie-ing lizards in 3rd to last room - (helped me a lot since you have to set up on the 3x detonator/4x goran spawn afterwards quickly)
  • Spell combo for goran + pyro mixture spawns -(2 rafs,1x pwand raf, 1x pwand rab + mergeswap, 3x rab )
& injected some (pleb) tactics of my own. Had some unexpected goran warps in the first heat room; and several mistakes mopping up:lenny: straggler enemies. Whenever I had a good pace going into the last room my hands start quivering, and I completely choked an embarrassing amount of times. Detonator warp rng is evil.

Mop Up Operation #3 - 1:38 remaining (1P mode)

Pretty sloppy run, but wanted to share it regardless. A lot of my time loss could be solved by messing up my menuing less often. Knocking down Gilchics can also be a bit frustrating. Shooting for 1:49 remaining next.

Last edited:
Solomode EP4 New Mop Up Operation #3 - 8:48 remaining

nmu3_848.jpg

Been grinding this for the past couple of days after I found inspiration to continue my HS hunt :lenny: I improved my planning and found a few ways to save time, but some are too RNG sensitive and cause too many resets. This run should have been a 51 or 52 but one Det in the last spawn warped. I also made a handful of embarrassing mistakes earlier in the run so I'm convinced 55+ is possible with my current planning. I'll keep running over the next couple of weeks aiming for 55+ before I post video.

There's still a fair amount of improvement in this run. 9+ is definitely possible but will take some rework of my planning.

Last edited:
Maximum Attack 4 1B - 14:12 remaining (1P mode)

I told myself I'd post when I got 14+ remaining, sadly it's a "scary one". So, here's a rough draft of 1B on FOnewm.

Definitely some suboptimal strats on this run. Currently working on incorporating barehanded Barta, killing Duvuiks on spawn while maintaining Gifoie stack, and reducing Grants usage.

Lots and lots of mistakes: miscasts, bad positioning, menu mistakes, etc. I even dropped the ball on some Baranz, Buclaw, Sorcerors that I hadn't in the preceding runs. (More Buclaw splits in this run than the collective runs of 4 hours. :eek:)

Seriously, such a fun quest to solo. I think that close to 15:00 remaining is possible with some of my "discount strats" provided better RNG, and more importantly, better playing.

Last edited:
New Mop-up Operation #3 FOnewm solomode - 8:55 remaining

Only took 2.5 months for a run with good enough RNG (to get that 8:55 video I promised lol)... But I made a few mistakes that ruined what should have been a 9+ run.

Last edited:
Mop Up Operation #1 RAmar Solomode - 6"20 remaining

I plan to further improve this run once I have a native sphered excalibur. I made a couple mistakes this run that ended up costing me seconds.

Phantasmal World #2 - 16:22 (1P mode)

[Time taken from initial warp into CCA until defeating the last enemy.]

I have been hunting Lames lately and decided I would try and make it a solo TA project to keep myself interested. I played for a few hours this morning and this was the best RNG out of those runs. Tons of laughable mistakes, including me panicking on the last Sinow (please don't laugh at me :oops:). Due to the sheer amount of hell usage, it is really easy to lose control of the situation and need to adapt quickly. With the massive amount of RNG and quest length, I can't justify remaking over and over, so I'm willing to accept the plentiful mess ups.

I will eventually update when I get sub 16:00.

Last edited:
Back