Time Attack Thread (Vanilla)

Towards the Future - HUnewearl 8"30

Really decent run, lost around 5 seconds on Vol Opt 2, but every other boss was optimal.

Might be able to shave another another 6-8 seconds with better RNG and better warps. I think sub 8"20 is possible, but that would require some "TAS" optimization (or maybe some new exploit technique?).

Last edited:
Mop-up Operation #3 - HUcast 1"39

Had some time loss in the halfway room, other than that the run was really clean.
Don't think I'll redo this again, Gilchic RNG is really annoying on this.

Best way to beat this quest is with FOnewm anyway, but HUcast is really fun.

Last edited:
Maximum Attack 4th Stage -4C- - FOnewm 14"14

ma4_4c_solo_1414.png

Work in progress that's pretty rough to run without level 30 attack techs due to a unit swap (a Heavenly/HP would also be really nice to equip but not feasible for the full run). Still working on optimizing the spawns and aiming for 15+ once I start grinding this heavily. This run was pretty rough around the edges too, so maybe vanilla FOnewm could get 15"30+.

Well I guess I will interrupt this thread with something sorta relevant. I know this is no longer being updated. I currently do my best to keep https://4waypb.com/ completely updated with times. I may miss some or I may have some sorted wrong and if you let me know I am typically really quick to fix. I will be updating the way the search function works(hopefully today). Classes will get added to the runs too I just fucked up and didn't do it the first go around.

Maximum Attack 4th Stage -4C- - FOnewm 16"05 (solomode)

One ugly moment, some weak Demons RNG in desert, and a couple minor mistakes. But pretty good otherwise.
Will add this to the site in like 30 minutes or so.

Well I guess I will interrupt this thread with something sorta relevant. I know this is no longer being updated. I currently do my best to keep https://4waypb.com/ completely updated with times. I may miss some or I may have some sorted wrong and if you let me know I am typically really quick to fix. I will be updating the way the search function works(hopefully today). Classes will get added to the runs too I just fucked up and didn't do it the first go around.

Pretty big update on the site recently. You can now search normal mode records from Ephinea(vanilla), Ultima, Schthack(up to 2014), and Gamecube. You can search using almost any combination of filters you want: meta, episode, category, pb, classes, player name. The number of records each player has is also listed by their name in the player search function. Challenge mode times are currently being added.

Last edited:
Mop Up Operation #3 FOnewm 2:04

MU3.png

Started rerunning this to take advantage of 150% DAR, no Lames but significantly improved FOnewm time. Massive time saves from having a Machine Excal, and being able to 3 Rafoie Gilchics (really cuts down on the RNG). This run was so full of mistakes with passable RNG, I think there is still a lot of time to save with better execution.

Mop Up Operation #3 FOnewm 2:04

View attachment 12403

Started rerunning this to take advantage of 150% DAR, no Lames but significantly improved FOnewm time. Massive time saves from having a Machine Excal, and being able to 3 Rafoie Gilchics (really cuts down on the RNG). This run was so full of mistakes with passable RNG, I think there is still a lot of time to save with better execution.

Very nice 20 seconds or so on top and snatching a time from Sange haha. Your time is up.

Edit: turns out Sange had another time i'd never seen that was a wee bit faster.

Last edited:
Mop-Up Operation #3 FOnewm 2:14

I didn't want to post again so soon, but this time I have a video that I'd like to share. As always, RNG wasn't perfect nor was execution. I think a couple reworked strategies, optimal RNG, and better execution this run could save 10+ seconds. I will definitely be rerunning this once a new HUcast time beats this.

Hello, I've spent the last month working on some new solo TA projects and hadn't had the time to post them.

Sweep-Up Operation #6 RAcaseal 7:32

Mop-Up Operation #4 FOnewm 8:16

Sweep-Up Operation #8 RAcast 4:05
SU8_4_05.png

I plan to rerun all of these "some day." Hoping to get a decent SU8 video while I improve my time, but with Easter approaching I will likely be taking a break from solo.

3P Sweep-Up #7 (6"31 remaining)
uAsBlGK.jpg

[screenshot courtesy of Phelix]

maelstrom (HUct) - [ No Hit ]
plx (HUct) - [ @phelix ]
Yui (FOml) - [ @Yui ]

My POV:

Phelix's POV:

Planned and executed spontaneously over the course of like 2 or 3 hours. Fun 3p quest with potential for 8"00 with better composition / planning / execution.

I can play RAml next time. Kinda low lvl tho :"L​

Last edited:
2P - New Mop-up Operation #3 - 8"33 remaining

NMU3_2P_833.png

Ender - FOnewm
Cayk - RAcast

Started running this recently and eventually set 8"30 as the goal. Some mistakes, unlucky RNG, and a little luck that made up for it, but didn't lose too much time. If DMC was fully removed, I'm sure 2FO would be the best.

My POV:

Cayk's POV:

Last edited:
For some reason, I always get the rare monsters I'm not looking for. Waste of a good Love Rappy today. All I got was a God/Luck. Should've been your's instead.

Maximum Attack 4 Stage 4C
2 Players

17"29 remaining - 05/18/20; Cayk (RAcast), Ender (Fonewn).
f7puTTr.png

Bit sloppy on my end here and there + a few unfortunate mistakes.
It took a while to get a run that flows well for the most part-- there's so much luck based crap and DMC is really bad lately. I need to delay my attacks so there is good synergy with his nuking.
Anyway, I believe 18+ is possible with a "perfect" run, but we're a bit tired of RE'ing this quest. Things can go wrong way too easily in 2P. Maybe someday after Fodra is fixed.

Cayk POV

Ender POV

Last edited:
Back