Tidy the floor

Ideally we would be allowed to remap the loot button and place it elsewhere, shouldn't that be possible to mod in some way?

I currently don't have the game installed, but you can check if it is possible to add Normal Attack to the quick action bar. If it works, then use some software to bind that number back to A button and don't forget to change palette middle action to something else and move it to another place.

I think this is a step in the right direction, but the A or Cross button is going to be the button that the client will force you to use to press to pick up the item regardless of what happens. Basically, you can bind the normal attack to a button that isn't A button, but you still have the problem of using that button to pick up items.

Anyways, you can use this mapitem.txt that I'll attach to reduce the item identification problem, which obviously isn't the actual problem mentioned in this post, but here goes.

Attachments

• mapitem.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 5
I think this is a step in the right direction, but the A or Cross button is going to be the button that the client will force you to use to press to pick up the item regardless of what happens. Basically, you can bind the normal attack to a button that isn't A button, but you still have the problem of using that button to pick up items.

Anyways, you can use this mapitem.txt that I'll attach to reduce the item identification problem, which obviously isn't the actual problem mentioned in this post, but here goes.
When A button was taken by a number shortcut, we can move Palette Middle (pickup items/enter teleports) to Y button, so we can pickup items by using Y button. Then the Chat was taken, we need to move it again. Then Palette Change + Chat (AKA Ctrl + End function) cannot work as the original style. But there will always be a solution finally if the player can accept it. The Y button could just have some action with low priority like Sol Atomizer, Moon Atomizer, etc... It troubles much less than an attack, or you can just directly leave it as a blank. Soly has a application called Input Map in the Tools section of the forum, that will be helpful for mapping, too.

Edit: Well, bind Ctrl + End on some button (Left Bumper, Right Bumper, Start etc...) is the best solution come to my mind to solve the key function taking problem.

Last edited:
Don't put normal attack on the A button. Problem solved.

Easy, but let's see how this goes.

When A button was taken by a number shortcut, we can move Palette Middle (pickup items/enter teleports) to Y button, so we can pickup items by using Y button. Then the Chat was taken, we need to move it again. Then Palette Change + Chat (AKA Ctrl + End function) cannot work as the original style. But there will always be a solution finally if the player can accept it. The Y button could just have some action with low priority like Sol Atomizer or Moon Atomizer, it troubles much less than an attack, or you can just directly leave it as a blank. Soly has a application called Input Map in the Tools section of the forum, that will be helpful for mapping, too.

Edit: Well, bind Ctrl + End on Left Bumper or Start is the best solution come to my mind to solve the key function taking problem.

Yeah, it's possible with some key binding program like Antimicro. There you go @Figure4.

Sure there may be workarounds. However it's not a solution.

But /nomeseta or /noblue etc would be a much more simple and beneficial solution to the community IMO. And I don't see any negative impact on the community for people to be able to choose what drops and what doesn't. Thus I don't see why any logically thinking person would disagree.

For the record, I'm definately not saying "Less X should/would = more Y". Because that absolutely shouldn't be the case. I'm just saying less X = less X (IE less pickup mishaps).

Last edited:
Back