Tidy the floor

Figure4

Guildcard
I know the suggestions forum is closed, but I wanted opinions on this nonetheless.

There are now a whole bunch of quests which have many enemies (mostly non-vanilla quests), and thus the floor can get ridiculously cluttered. Even to the point where attacking without picking up crap accidentally is awkward and annoying.

So how about a simple server command to toggle meseta drops on/off?

I'm guessing that many (perhaps even most) players don't care about the meagre amounts of meseta from random drops. So if we could toggle them off it would go some way towards keeping the floor less cluttered.

Thoughts?

Edit: Perhaps even blue boxes too...

Last edited:
How does that work? I thought normal attack was the default "pick-up" button, so changing wouldn't help.

But anyway, after 20 years of using a specific configuration, changing the button layout simply isn't an option for me, and perhaps some other people too.

Also, some people use crappy laptops or w/e to play and experience slowdown in sub des/seabed etc, so I'm guessing the amount of items on the floor may be a contributing factor in this? So the toggle may also help these people somewhat.

IMO a meseta drop toggle would be a harmless option which would benefit some people (without any negative affect on the server/community), and those who don't like it? Don't use it. :)

Last edited:
Swapping normal attack off mid palette is great but you will still run into the same problem when you need to start combos with hard or special attacks. the real meta is carrying enough single spawn weapons so you're always 30/30. the even REALER meta is carrying zero spawn weapons that you may not even use in a quest to bring you to 30/30.

the real meta is carrying enough single spawn weapons so you're always 30/30. the even REALER meta is carrying zero spawn weapons that you may not even use in a quest to bring you to 30/30.

But that means you need to stop and menu/drop every time you find something you actually want.

Thus a simple toggle which keeps the floor clear(er) would still be preferable, no?

Last edited:
what would be preferable is meseta being autolooted to purse and not hitting the ground at all. but this won't fix the issue of floors being cluttered during high-DAR conditions. nor is it presently enough of a hassle that you can't just learn to play with it.

nor is it presently enough of a hassle that you can't just learn to play with it.

I repecfully disagree of course. (If I didn't consider it a problem, this thread wouldn't exist.)

The issue wasn't a thing in vanilla, because back then we didn't have quests with ridiculous amounts of enemies. But now we do. So a countermeasure of some kind is just logical.

But for the record, I do agree with you that auto-looting meseta would be the most ideal solution, although I think even less likely to be implemented. (Not that I expect any solution to actually happen, but hey, I can hope).

Edit: The auto-loot (if ever implemented) should also be a toggle however, since it can be fun to pick up for lowbies and nostalgia seekers.

Last edited:
This has been suggested already, and the suggestions forums was closed because the forum community is either toxic, or just doesn't mesh well with passive communication, as opposed to dynamic communication where people can correct themselves or re-affirm their intent in real time. Especially when it's about changes, even simple QOL changes that only effect those who chose to opt into them.

If this topic was in the actual suggestion forums;
Over half the replies would be "NO CHANGES" or "YOU'RE LAZY", as opposed to Positive Responses like; "Adding systems from Modern Games is Healthy and might breathe new life into the game as well as cut down on certain tedious aspects of it" --or-- Objective Criticism like; "This might not mesh with how Looting is handled by the game engine, is too 'hand-holdy'. If the devs could have implemented it without complication, they probably would have done so by now given the other QOL features available."

The Suggestions Forums should be re-opened though, it would help Devs and Staff get an idea about player sentiment of the game systems and maybe there are other "behind the scenes" ways of addressing them without dedicating time and resources to try to implement newer game systems into an older game. Or even just as a placebo to make players feel heard. Just make it Read Only, Lol.

Last edited:
Lol Wil while I agree that it was a problem (I was a mod at the time so I saw it all) I do not think bringing it up here will accomplish any good other than raking up old drama. Either way loot restriction commands would be nice yeah, I'd definitely use them, but I don't see anything like that happening as the staff already gets a lot of criticism for the "sprinkles" we enjoy so much.

I thought normal attack was the default "pick-up" button, so changing wouldn't help.
Nope. Item pickups are always A, so you can put normal attack on X or B to reduce the problem. You could also not play shitfests if you can't handle all the drops they generate. Disabling Meseta drops wouldn't help; the floor would just get covered in 33% more weapon, guard, and tool boxes, instead.

wil said:
If this topic was in the actual suggestion forums;
Over half the replies would be... *snip*."
Your psychic ability to know what the entire community thinks is quite astounding!

(Or maybe you're just making a broad assumption...)

Aleron Ives said:
Disabling Meseta drops wouldn't help; the floor would just get covered in 33% more weapon, guard, and tool boxes, instead.
There's absolutely no reason to think that less meseta = more 'other things'.

Nikki said:
loot restriction commands would be nice yeah, I'd definitely use them
At least someone gets it.

Last edited:
There's absolutely no reason to think that less meseta = more 'other things'..
Yes, there is. The item limit is 50 per floor. When you hit 50 items, old items are deleted to make room for new ones. If you remove Meseta drops, you'll just get 50 item boxes on the floor that are things other than Meseta. It'll take longer to hit 50 items than it did before, but if the quest has an obscene number of monsters in a room, you're still going to hit the item drop cap.

Reactions: Wil
50 item floor limit only applies to party host
That's a server bug, then. The game is able to track 50 items per floor only. When a new player joins the team, he needs to receive the list of items on each floor to keep everything in sync between all players. If some players have more items on the floor than others, you're probably going to run into desync problems.

I currently don't have the game installed, but you can check if it is possible to add Normal Attack to the quick action bar. If it works, then use some software to bind that number back to A button and don't forget to change palette middle action to something else and move it to another place.

Last edited:
Hahaha, I thought this thread would be something related to Jordan Peterson.

It would be cool to have a command that could stop drops for a game, or until you write the command again. However, I understand that that requires work and GM's may have other tasks on hand.

Let's be grateful for what we are given, after all, PSO has united us all, kind of like Jesus Christ.

Back