The place where I do the introduction thing I guess

Fire AKA Drazn

Loves Games
So yeah. You might have already seen me about, or my rebalance project, But I thought I'd do one of these since I have some time before I go to bed.

The obvious stuff, I'm a dude, I live in sunny (rainy) Scotland, I'm really into games and otaku culture (Anime, Manga, Visual Novels, Figures you name it.)

PSO was my childhood. I have fond memories of playing it at a very young age (5-8? Can't remember exactly) at my cousin's house which we visited only very occasionally as they live around 4 hours away by car.

Later I would obtain the game-cube version and spend countless hours playing local multiplayer with friends, arguing over grinder drops and never making it past level 70 at best.

Then after a long stint of playing WoW and various other games, I end up finding PSOBB during the time it was still around, and played that for several months. That was where I got my first legit level 200 character and ended up quitting. A few weeks later they announced they were closing down the servers.

Thinking that was the last i'd see of the game, I had another long stint of playing other games. Went back to WoW and played that seriously for a year, burnt out and quit.

By this time Schthack had exploded and all of the jettisoned players found their way to other private servers, with a lot of them migrating to ULTIMA which is also when I ended up finding it by other means; A post on PSO-world that talked about private servers (which up to that point I hadn't realised were a thing) lead me to ULTIMA by way of a google search.

However I didn't end up seriously returning to PSO until much later, being distracted by real life issues as well as Path Of Exile.

But when I did I went back to ULTIMA, and long story short was frustrated by how much potential that server had but seemed unable to act upon. Many good changes had been made already, but others had only shone a harsher light on PSO's many problems.

Ultimately I didn't enjoy my time there as I had before, and was left wandering looking for the PSO I remembered. At which point I found Ephinea. But after having seen so many of PSO's problems resolved even the original PSO wasn't good enough for me anymore, and no other server had anything close to what ULTIMA offered.

So I had a choice: Give up on PSO, or take it upon myself to finish what ULTIMA started. I'm not vain enough to think that what i'm doing will be better than what others before me have tried. I can't even code for god sake. But I'm going to try.

I've always been that kid that when any game gave me a level editor I would always mess around with it, sometimes enjoying that more than the game itself. I want to be a game designer and have for a long time, and I view this project as my first serious step on that road.

I wouldn't expect to see me in-game, at least not in the foreseeable future. But I'm going to try and stay active on these forums. And I'm glad you guys are still here enjoying this game that by all rights should be dead already. Glad that Ephinea preserves the PSO of my past, and glad to ULTIMA too for keeping this game's community alive.

It means a lot to me.

Thanks and heres hoping you will look favorably on me and my efforts.

Last edited:
So yeah. You might have already seen me about, or my rebalance project, But I thought I'd do one of these since I have some time before I go to bed.

The obvious stuff, I'm a dude, I live in sunny (rainy) Scotland, I'm really into games and otaku culture (Anime, Manga, Visual Novels, Figures you name it.)

PSO was my childhood. I have fond memories of playing it at a very young age (5-8? Can't remember exactly) at my cousin's house which we visited only very occasionally as they live around 4 hours away by car.

Later I would obtain the game-cube version and spend countless hours playing local multiplayer with friends, arguing over grinder drops and never making it past level 70 at best.

Then after a long stint of playing WoW and various other games, I end up finding PSOBB during the time it was still around, and played that for several months. That was where I got my first legit level 200 character and ended up quitting. A few weeks later they announced they were closing down the servers.

Thinking that was the last i'd see of the game, I had another long stint of playing other games. Went back to WoW and played that seriously for a year, burnt out and quit.

By this time Schthack had exploded and all of the jettisoned players found their way to other private servers, with a lot of them migrating to ULTIMA which is also when I ended up finding it by other means; A post on PSO-world that talked about private servers (which up to that point I hadn't realised were a thing) lead me to ULTIMA by way of a google search.

However I didn't end up seriously returning to PSO until much later, being distracted by real life issues as well as Path Of Exile.

But when I did I went back to ULTIMA, and long story short was frustrated by how much potential that server had but seemed unable to act upon. Many good changes had been made already, but others had only shone a harsher light on PSO's many problems.

Ultimately I didn't enjoy my time there as I had before, and was left wandering looking for the PSO I remembered. At which point I found Ephinea. But after having seen so many of PSO's problems resolved even the original PSO wasn't good enough for me anymore, and no other server had anything close to what ULTIMA offered.

So I had a choice: Give up on PSO, or take it upon myself to finish what ULTIMA started. I'm not vain enough to think that what i'm doing will be better than what others before me have tried. I can't even code for god sake. But I'm going to try.

I've always been that kid that when any game gave me a level editor I would always mess around with it, sometimes enjoying that more than the game itself. I want to be a game designer and have for a long time, and I view this project as my first serious step on that road.

I wouldn't expect to see me in-game, at least not in the foreseeable future. But I'm going to try and stay active on these forums. And I'm glad you guys are still here enjoying this game that by all rights should be dead already. Glad that Ephinea preserves the PSO of my past, and glad to ULTIMA too for keeping this game's community alive.

It means a lot to me.

Thanks and heres hoping you will look favorably on me and my efforts.
*Sits waiting and Looking forward to Pouncing Drazn-san with a swishing tail!* <3 Welcome Home Drazn-san!

You know. I was thinking. We have a lot of Brits on this server. Where the Scots at? Then you popped up!

I can't even code for god sake.

Hey man. It seems like you can code better than I can.
https://github.com/OutDatedOwl?tab=repositories

That and like 500 other projects I created during my Java days. Coding is one thing but actually understanding how code works? LOL. Cmon brah Soly loses me with most of the stuff he talks about.

Cmon brah Soly loses me with most of the stuff he talks about

Lol, yeah. No idea where any of this would be if Soly weren't here tbh.

The most coding I ever did was visual basic back in school when i was 15. I literally do not know how, i'm a total script-kiddy that just uses tools Soly or Tofu made. Most what i'm doing is just plain maths and juggling numbers around which i'm much better at :p

Back