tech buff wish list

Rune

Guildcard
So don't know if u remember my old topic about buffing weapons and armor for fun because I sort of let it die, but I figured why not talk about a different subject? Techniques

How would u buff these but still keep em somewhat balanced? While giving em to foe that use em as well?

Grants, has a high chance to cause confuse status on hit. Based off level with 30 having a 100% confuse rate. Grants is given more power as well (about 30% more). Foes in general have 100% confuse no matter what on u when using it unless u have cure/confuse on.

Megid, no longer does auto death when used by you. Rather it does damage based off your tp, with an hp cost per use. So 3000 damage level attacks). Power is based off hp (25% per cast, with an extra 10% drained as it hits foes in travel) so if you are almost dead power will be low. Tp cost will go up compared to old one. Enemy megid stays the same cause it isn't bad with em lol.

Oh and vs. Boss fights the power of megid will be a bit less of course

That's a Grants nerf, not a buff, because then my paralysed/frozen targets break out for free. And the point of Megid is to be a chance to kill instantly, not to just 'deal a bunch of damage'. Kinda defeats the point, imo. Plus it's already super strong.

That's a Grants nerf, not a buff, because then my paralysed/frozen targets break out for free. And the point of Megid is to be a chance to kill instantly, not to just 'deal a bunch of damage'. Kinda defeats the point, imo. Plus it's already super strong.

Thought status affects stacked with each other, so they'd just be frozen/paralysed and confused.

And I just made megid more like classic ps (cost to user to use it, still super powerful, pretty sure it will still 1 shot the things it needs to based off fo tp).

PS0 had damage-based megid/gimegid, its gimegid creates a vortex and sucks enemies in, pretty fun.

Back on topic, I wish tech damage is actually useful in parties, Foie damage for example. I would also like if FOnl actually get a Megid power buff and not just penetration.

Thought status affects stacked with each other, so they'd just be frozen/paralysed and confused.

Not all of them stack.

Poison/confuse & slow? cannot stack on freeze/shock/paralysis.

In the same way jellen/zalure cannot stack with shifta/deband. If gigue casts it, SD is gone yo.

I wish tech damage is actually useful in parties, Foie damage for example. I would also like if FOnl actually get a Megid power buff and not just penetration.
I've had the exact same thought.

I've also thought Hunies should have been granted lv20 piercing Megid just for flavor.
I'm not advocating an actual change on this, just having fun playing backseat game designer.

Megid -10. Kills yourself.

Not all of them stack.

Poison/confuse & slow? cannot stack on freeze/shock/paralysis.

In the same way jellen/zalure cannot stack with shifta/deband. If gigue casts it, SD is gone yo.

Pretty sure it based off level of tech for shifta/deband and jellen/zalure, in that higher level cancels it only. FO's having level 30 techs laugh at foes casting buffs or foes casting nerfs, which sadly isn't the case with other classes.

Still, I could see Grants dishing out confuse even if it cancels freeze/para a buff, I mean grants has more range than most other weapons. And some foes can't be para'd/froozen and it could be useful if they are confused.

Long range zalure on a group of targets and blast one of em with grants and watch from a safe distance.

techs are already too good I think they should be worse if anything.

Lets nerf traps if anything should be worse lol

I'd definitely make more grants techs, like a gibarta kinda grants. I'd also make Gibarta itself not suck in general like...multihitting once it connects to an enemy.

I'd also make 30 techs actually MEAN something for the absolutely stupid drop rate, like Foie being able to pierce up to 8 enemies, rafoie causing a burning DOT, gifoie slow enemies or something. Yknow, actually useful techs.

Simple techs need to consume less TP.
I'd also reduce Grants TP usage.
Megid I'd have do (not major) damage if it doesn't instakill.
I'd mess with resistances a bit, too. Meaning if a Vulmer is weak against foie, Barta techs won't do 0. Max resistance is a little silly.

My point was that you cant be jellen and shiftad same time.

Make v502 bring megid up to the same level as hell. lol

(I don't actually want this. I like vanilla.)
This would be good, why should rangers get all the fun with their hell needles and general sweet big guns? Gibarta being affected by v501/2 be a good buff for it as well IMO.

My point was that you cant be jellen and shiftad same time.
Oh well fair enough.

Still don't know why we couldn't make slow/confuse stack with freeze/para considering how this is a wish list.

If it's a wish list you can do what you like Haha. Heck invent a new status if you wish. I was just answering before with what you said. ''i thought they could stack'' XD.

Back