Support for UHD 3840x2160 (16:9) in launcher

I don't seem to be having this issue. I'm running Windows 10 with a GTX 1080Ti, just made a game, left it, changed lobbies, made a game, left it, changed blocks... Looking fine at 3840x2160.

Edit: Will also like to add I'm not using any add-ons or anything, just the regular client. I'd disable any add-ons, scripting, or whatever you have and try with the normal client before posting a bug report about it.
Thanks for the quick reply. I've since done a bit more testing to isolate the issue and it gets even more interesting than initially reported:

- Issue occurs only when running in borderless full-screen (regardless of resolution) AND only if I change specifically to lobbies 11, 12, 14, or 15. All other lobbies work fine.
- Running in windowed mode completely circumvents the issue.
- A full client restart is required to correct the problem after it has occurred.

Here are my tech specs for reference:

Windows 10 build 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
AMD Vega 64

And as I already hinted before, I am using various LUA add-ons.

I'll do some more testing (namely by removing the add-ons) before submitting a proper bug report, but before then, here's those screens I said I'd post:

Thanks for the quick reply. I've since done a bit more testing to isolate the issue and it gets even more interesting than initially reported:

- Issue occurs only when running in borderless full-screen (regardless of resolution) AND only if I change specifically to lobbies 11, 12, 14, or 15. All other lobbies work fine.
- Running in windowed mode completely circumvents the issue.
- A full client restart is required to correct the problem after it has occurred.

Here are my tech specs for reference:

Windows 10 build 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
AMD Vega 64

And as I already hinted before, I am using various LUA add-ons.

I'll do some more testing (namely by removing the add-ons) before submitting a proper bug report, but before then, here's those screens I said I'd post:

New FCU drivers for AMD were released today (the other FCU beta driver had a few hiccups)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-17.10.2-Release-Notes.aspx

No issue for me with these lobbies.

Most likely a platform, driver or add-on issue.

New FCU drivers for AMD were released today (the other FCU beta driver had a few hiccups)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-17.10.2-Release-Notes.aspx

I just updated my drivers from 17.10.1 to 17.10.2 last night right before I noticed this issue. I'll keep this in mind as I troubleshoot a little more.

No issue for me with these lobbies.

Most likely a platform, driver or add-on issue.

After @conenubi701 suggested the driver, and since it seems I'm the only facing this problem, I'll accept I'm an isolated case-- and that's fine. As long as nothing is broken and affecting other users.

Fortunately, I can very easily circumvent it by either not going to Lobby 11 (where I ALWAYS go, go figure) or running the game in windowed mode than just using Borderless Gaming to get back my virtual fullscreen.

I'll try removing my addons as a final step, if that doesn't work it, I'm gonna chalk it up to the new drivers I just installed and hope newer ones fix this issue.

UPDATE: I spoke to soon about running Windowed Mode then using Borderless Gaming to fullscreen the game. While the issue still does not occur in any Windowed instance of the game, as soon as use Borderless Gaming to fullscreen the game, shadows dissappear right before my eyes. My only workaround is to avoid Lobby 11/12/14/15.

I did try removing the addons, same issue, so the addons are not the cause. I also tried re-installing my GPU drivers using a clean install, no dice. I should try rolling back to 17.10.1 just to be 100% certain it is the cause, but for now I'm just gonna leave it alone and stay in Lobby 1.

FINAL UPDATE:

Turns out even staying away from the problem lobbies isn't good enough. Merely alt-tabbing in and out of the game erases the shadows and other visual effects. So, I decided to roll back my GPU drivers to 17.10.1:

@conenubi701 called it and Soda was also on the right track.

I hope the next driver update after 17.10.2 fixes what broke, especially since I do want to play next Wolfenstein (and driver 17.10.2 claims to have 'initial support' for the game, improving performance).

This settles everything now, thanks for the input, and sorry for the noise I've made!

Thanks again @Sodaboy and crew for the true 4K support!

Last edited:
I am going to mention that the PSO Shaders tool (which uses ENB) also causes this issue on any resolution with the new.dll.

unknown.png

Turning that off fixed the issue. Had no issues with a vanilla client at all.

As far as 21:9, well, we will look into it.

Just wondering if this has been looked into at all? Thinking about buying a 21:9 monitor in the near future. PSO like this surely would be godly.

Back