Sudden disconnect, all ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
A problem was discovered with the server which could have had an affect on the economy of the game.

I was told about it and had to patch it ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Game has been patched and is back up. I didn't want anyone else to find out about it before I was able to patch it.

Let the whining commence!

Glad you were able to fix it right away! THANK YOU SODA ^_^

My plans to mag feed until I fell asleep were almost thwarted!!

Thanks for the quick fix. :D

If you guys want more detail...

Yes, major problem was discovered with how the server processed some quest data. Most notably, the Ultimate mode Ob Lilies in 2-4 were almost always dropping their rare item OF A MIL LILY. I was informed by someone who discovered it before it was abused.

This stemed from the past when I was writing the server code and I had nabbed a quest from Schthack back in the day which had a FORCED HILDEBLUE spawn. They set a flag on the monster and I was trying to figure out how that worked. Point is, when I changed how the server handled floating points the other day to address some C-mode bugs, it was detecting some Ob Lilies as Mil Lilies. (Maybe the flag is partially set on them, I don't know.)

At any rate, I removed ALL THE CODE I put in back in 2008 for set rare monsters in quests, since there SHOULD NOT BE ANY SET RARE MONSTERS in a quest in the first place.

Sodaboy said:
At any rate, I removed ALL THE CODE I put in back in 2008 for set rare monsters in quests, since there SHOULD NOT BE ANY SET RARE MONSTERS in a quest in the first place.
There is that one Episode IV quest that always has a Del Rappy in a cutscene, though (so you can't kill it).

This reminds me of the old bug in Purple Lamplight that caused every enemy to give Olga Flow EXP. Schthack and I did a few runs of that before he fixed it. :lol:

Will this affect Black Paper Deal 2?

It has set rare enemies (with no drops).

Sadly it can't be tested without a photon crystal =p

falkenjeff said:
Will this affect Black Paper Deal 2?

It has set rare enemies (with no drops).

Sadly it can't be tested without a photon crystal =p

Nah, that will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back