Sudden disconnect, all ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
A problem was discovered with the server which could have had an affect on the economy of the game.

I was told about it and had to patch it ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Game has been patched and is back up. I didn't want anyone else to find out about it before I was able to patch it.

Let the whining commence!

Addy

My plans to mag feed until I fell asleep were almost thwarted!!

Thanks for the quick fix. :D

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
If you guys want more detail...

Yes, major problem was discovered with how the server processed some quest data. Most notably, the Ultimate mode Ob Lilies in 2-4 were almost always dropping their rare item OF A MIL LILY. I was informed by someone who discovered it before it was abused.

This stemed from the past when I was writing the server code and I had nabbed a quest from Schthack back in the day which had a FORCED HILDEBLUE spawn. They set a flag on the monster and I was trying to figure out how that worked. Point is, when I changed how the server handled floating points the other day to address some C-mode bugs, it was detecting some Ob Lilies as Mil Lilies. (Maybe the flag is partially set on them, I don't know.)

At any rate, I removed ALL THE CODE I put in back in 2008 for set rare monsters in quests, since there SHOULD NOT BE ANY SET RARE MONSTERS in a quest in the first place.

Aleron Ives

Sodaboy said:
At any rate, I removed ALL THE CODE I put in back in 2008 for set rare monsters in quests, since there SHOULD NOT BE ANY SET RARE MONSTERS in a quest in the first place.
There is that one Episode IV quest that always has a Del Rappy in a cutscene, though (so you can't kill it).

This reminds me of the old bug in Purple Lamplight that caused every enemy to give Olga Flow EXP. Schthack and I did a few runs of that before he fixed it. :lol:

falkenjeff

I have quit the game
Will this affect Black Paper Deal 2?

It has set rare enemies (with no drops).

Sadly it can't be tested without a photon crystal =p

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
falkenjeff said:
Will this affect Black Paper Deal 2?

It has set rare enemies (with no drops).

Sadly it can't be tested without a photon crystal =p

Nah, that will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.