Some concerns about Ephinea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know im new to this server, but im very new player friendly, and have been since my DC days.

I understand how agrivating a new player can be (i taught my ex gfs two boys to play, that was an uphill battle), but remember, YOU were that player once.

Im not saying give a noobie a pass to level 200 with lavis cannons, but if you see a new player making mistakes like seabed with not enough hp or dk resist, explain what they did wrong and why.

Ill admit im a noob in ep4, so ill be that new player once i feel that im ready for it.

Ive not played with anyone yet, so im reserving jugement and "out of moon atomizer" excuses for rude people till later. But if i see you act like a jerk, i wont revive you.

The average amount of people that actively play is enough for me. I can go to just about any room, at any given time to hunt/level across all my characters. (Hard-Ult)

Higher or Lower Population doesn't really seem to be as much of an issue IMO. More people you never play with AFKing Lobby 1 doesn't really change anything when in reality, a lot of people stick back to playing with their 4-5 group of friends.

Higher or Lower Population doesn't really seem to be as much of an issue IMO. More people you never play with AFKing Lobby 1 doesn't really change anything when in reality, a lot of people stick back to playing with their 4-5 group of friends.

which in all honesty is why ill most likely be solo only. Breaking into groups is virtually impossible (at least it is in phantasy star portable 2 infinity, which is why I soloed the entire game content including maximum attack and infinity rank dark faltz dios).

Bare minimum is just using SDJZ, if you're spamming lots of techs that aren't gifoie, it can cause a lot of DMC and be frustrating for other players (depending on the area). Even resta can be annoying for veteran players trying to trigger their mags, or using Dark Flow.
I only have a problem with this tiny statement. It's not even really a problem, as much as it is my personal justification as to how I personally end up screwing up sometimes as a FOnewm. I feel like its innately impossible to really know when people are trying to trigger mag effects unless they are actively telling me, and even then, it's still pretty hard to judge because if it doesn't trigger and they die, it's my fault for not healing.

That's just my justification, otherwise, everything I sort of agree with for the most part. It seemed like people welcomed me with open arms but the only person I've played with is Glados in a few multiplayer games; most of the time I'm playing by myself in a private room (which is my problem, not anybody else's), so therefore not many people have played with me. I'm sure when I hit Ultimate and I get higher level techs I should be able to perform well and see if people really like me or not. As of right now, I currently have no social experience with anybody to really tell if people like me or not, lol.

The way it seems, everyone has their approach on how they play and are able to be open to learn how to play better or just stay stubborn and play however they want.

Usually it's just best to play with people you're content with or just stick to soloing.

Last edited:
It's best to learn as you go Zues lol. It's easier to simply learn the situations for those rather than learning everything, because you cannot account for all play styles. You just gotta be flexible based on your game knowledge.

The special exceptions for HP lowering are Girasole, Lavis blades, Raikiri, Orotiagito, and other Hp steal items you dont need to contact enemies to lose HP. Also, people use Dellily screech and epsilon rafoie, and falz slap to trigger invince as well.

my concern is that PW4 is going to tear this server apart!!!

The population isn't in decline. From what I've seen its been steadily increasing. After event it's bound to be a quiet period. Either way it's fine as it is.

We just had an amazing event, and 3 or 4 over the year. Thats hardly a little amount. We have hbr every month so there is that if people are interested in having something to commit to.

As for telling people that what they are doing is wrong and telling them why is not a good idea. From my experience, unless it's a friend I'm teaching / teammate the whole situation doesn't go well. People get upset and complain when you say the slightest thing about what they are doing and their gameplay and I feel I can't tell anyone what to do. I feel like I do my part to help look after and explain stuff to newbies but at the sometime I find myself avoiding them sometimes because of what I mentioned already.

If I do not notice that I have a booger and you notice but keep quiet, you are the dick. If you are open to interpersonal communication then it is necessary to stay open to critique. I hope for comments about my performance because it can only positively influence my future outcomes.

There are different ways to go about letting someone know they have a booger showing man. I help new people all the time but I'm never a dick about it.

It's honestly just because the game is old, I think that's realistically it. I mean, this isn't a game you just stumble upon. I don't necessarily think there is a good reason to worry about stuff like this to be honest, I mean, I get your concerns, but it's just not worth worrying about at this point. This server is perfect for people who just want to play PSO and not be overloaded with event garbage and other bullshit. I think it's pretty perfect. Vex just got tired of playing PSO because nobody is a challenge for him in battle mode. Except that one time I beat him on Schthack like 5 years ago. That one time. Oh man, that was a great day.

Vex just got tired of playing PSO because nobody is a challenge for him in battle mode. Except that one time I beat him on Schthack like 5 years ago. That one time. Oh man, that was a great day.
Nah, there's still Max that is still a challenge, I've just been waiting for Fiasco and playing Forza Horizon 3. I wish I would've have recorded that game, would've been a good upload.

He needs to tutor people instead of just wrecking them and gloating tbh. lol
I'd use the term "arrogant" since I know I'm better than everyone on here, it's just a fact.

I have tutored people in the past to the point where they've gotten to my level or better and it all becomes a mental game (I love those battles). People that want to learn with me will learn everything there is to know about battle mode since I have no secrets and I actually enjoy teaching Battle Mode.

I'm still confused about why you kept giving me back my gun. Is that a rule? lol
It would've been even more lopsided if I didn't. I give players their weapons back if I can tell they haven't played Bmode much. Not a rule, I was just taking it easy.

I see a lot of reaction on my post which means, even though not everyone agrees, the things that have been said about it do live on some of our minds. I thank you for your input. Although it is a serious post, it does make people think about certain expects in this server which is all for the good.

I'd like to thank Mew, just because she is awesome. I haven't played a lot with her but she is one of the reasons I started out on this server in the first place. Sometimes I miss that attitude with others, but personalities differ ofcourse.

Concerning class rebalances... yeah, you'd better don't rebalance it. It is fine the way it is right now, even though it is flawed. More tweaking would not really matter all that much anyways.

I have changed my opinion concerning events. Most are right because it can brake a games balance and a burn out is possible as well, which ofcourse is not a good thing to have. A Halloween event would be cool though, just like the original SEGA servers had. I don't think it would break a game but I can understand if there will be no event. The GM's have a busy life as well ofcourse.

See you guys soon!

It would be nice if some older players would go out of their way to teach some new doodz 8)

A few people on our server do a good job of giving free stuff away and helping with TTF runs. This may boring for some but it is really an important part of the experience of a new player. I agree with you and this should be increased by the older players.

Without @Mayn helping me at the start, I would have been lost. He always gives stuff away, so I have begun buying items off the forums to give away (even red rings), for players I think deserve them. Hopefully other players will too.

Just get along. Of course, things like Cmode and certain quests are going to require smart team work. The important thing is if you're going to give someone advice on how to help the team better, just don't be a dick about it, or you're likely going to have it reflected back to you. The other player should be willing to take (friendly) advice as well if we're dealing with something like challenge mode/2C etc. Goes both ways, fellas.

But overall, yeah, the game is 15 years old. And for that, it holds up pretty damn well.

They cannot do HBR since PW can be too punishing for them.

I wanted to address this comment since it seemed that most other comments had been addressed. Remember, HBR does not have to be done in Ultimate. You still get 4 HBR points for VH, 2 for Hard, 1 for normal. The 4 HBR points for VH are significant.

As for the rest of the comments...I don't think the population is in decline. It's just back down to near pre-event levels. Lots of people got burnt out from the Summer Event and I'm sure we'll see them again soon once we hit some milestones again. I know my play has dropped a little but I fully intend on sticking around.

I wanted to address this comment since it seemed that most other comments had been addressed. Remember, HBR does not have to be done in Ultimate. You still get 4 HBR points for VH, 2 for Hard, 1 for normal. The 4 HBR points for VH are significant.

I know, but HBR is mostly played on Ultimate and is the most productive out there. VH HBR's are pretty rare tbh and not much drops from it anyway most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back