Soly's Stash

Cool job! Do you have itempmt/itempt/itemrt tools for DC PSO V2?I tried to analyze ITEMRT.AFS files by beyond compare, but reading and mapping hex code to weapon drop rate is very time consuming. Hope you've already developed similar tools for DC V2 :)
Thank you very much in advance.
Sadly I don't.
Since my exposure is really only to BB, I don't have much to go from to make tools for other versions.
The GC version ones, was mostly because Ives asked me about it and provided some files as well.

Sadly I don't.
Since my exposure is really only to BB, I don't have much to go from to make tools for other versions.
The GC version ones, was mostly because Ives asked me about it and provided some files as well.
Thanks for your reply. Last weekend I tried to make the change manually, it's a little bit complex, but worked :)

As I said, I'll be testing first in Ultima because is easier/faster for me to look at the crashes and stuff (which I have fixed about 3 already lol)

You know how in the original Tethealla, the shops were just logged from original? servers, and that file was 3.5 megabytes... I kinda didn't like the idea of such a big file so (as also said up there) I ended up looking through PSO PC's code and figured out how the shops work on it... copied the data from the config files and made them in a nice json file ... all 3 shop files take less than 100 kb now (good for network) so they are stored with the login.
Hey Soly :)

Was this ever released as source? Even if just in C# so that it could 'back-ported' to the originally released tethealla code? im sure there are some folks that could put in the work and get it up and running in the old teth code :)

Hey Soly :)

Was this ever released as source? Even if just in C# so that it could 'back-ported' to the originally released tethealla code? im sure there are some folks that could put in the work and get it up and running in the old teth code :)
Hello!

No it wasn't... what I did with this (as with the rest of files I converted to json) was to create C# classes to load the files into ready to use objects.
This won't be of help any help in Tethealla.

I also never made a tool to edit these files, so maybe once I get to that, I could look into some code to parse the binary files in C.
But not sure when that'd be if ever.

Oh, i was hoping you'd published the mechanism for randomly generating a shop based on player level. or at least the full struct for an outoging shop packet given shop type. Oh well :) 2000 randomly recorded shops of each type will have to keep on being good enough. thanks again!

Dont suppose you'd know the original offsets for box, npc, and enemy draw distances would you? or RAM virtual addresses. PSOBB being as old as it is, pretty easy to subtract 0x401400 from RAM to get the exe offset :)

Oh, i was hoping you'd published the mechanism for randomly generating a shop based on player level. or at least the full struct for an outoging shop packet given shop type. Oh well :) 2000 randomly recorded shops of each type will have to keep on being good enough. thanks again!

Dont suppose you'd know the original offsets for box, npc, and enemy draw distances would you? or RAM virtual addresses. PSOBB being as old as it is, pretty easy to subtract 0x401400 from RAM to get the exe offset :)
I replied to your other topic about draw distance, not the answer you wanted, but I think the one you need xD.

I'll message you in a bit regarding the shops.

I think there are some differences but for the most part its the same but in big endian?
Sorry, honestly dont remember and I think I made a PMT editor for GC that Ives might have... but same dont remember what I made for him.

Okay thanks for the reply, when I have enough motivation I'll try to apply the method described in that post and I'll see how far I can get.

Hi. I've recently started to set up my own server and I'm blown away by what you've all done. I've been playing PSO since day one launch on Dreamcast, so I'm really enjoying the ability to tinker and make changes I always wanted to.

Quick question on the ItemPMT editor - it seems to be a 'LIMITED' version? Is there an full version available outside of the GC one? Being able to rename/create new items would be so helpful.

Regardless of the answer, thanks for all the hard work you've all put into this project.

The ItemPMT that can add items is not open to the public for a variety of reasons... but I think at some point it will be fine to release it if the people involved are ok with that.

But there is quite a few items you can overwrite for the time being, after all, to do something big, it usually requires changing the client anyway.

The ItemPMT that can add items is not open to the public for a variety of reasons... but I think at some point it will be fine to release it if the people involved are ok with that.

But there is quite a few items you can overwrite for the time being, after all, to do something big, it usually requires changing the client anyway.
Thanks, appreciate the reply. Totally get that.

As you say, there is a lot that can be amended anyhow. I'm sure it will keep me busy for a long while yet!

Is there any chance this gets updated so that newer ephinea items can be created with the item maker?
The item maker relies on the ItemPMT (and dont remember if the unitxt as well), but given that the ItemPMT is a server file, that's not under my control.

I'm messing around with ItemPMT just trying to update old values to existing weapons, but I keep getting the error of "I can't replace smaller files with a bigger one." This is specifically in reference to the PSO Plus GC Iso.

Did I increase too many values and now the file size is just a hair too large?
Default file size appears to be 15.3KB, while my updated version (still in progress) is 15.7KB.

1700327123009.png

I'm messing around with ItemPMT just trying to update old values to existing weapons, but I keep getting the error of "I can't replace smaller files with a bigger one." This is specifically in reference to the PSO Plus GC Iso.

Did I increase too many values and now the file size is just a hair too large?
Default file size appears to be 15.3KB, while my updated version (still in progress) is 15.7KB.

View attachment 20662
Not an expert on GC, but it seems like this 'GC-Tool' can only 'replace' data in an .iso? If so, you'd need to unpack and then repack the .iso instead. I believe Dolphin can unpack somewhere in the menus, but you need a different tool for repacking. I never used any of them so I can't recommend any.

Because the difference is small, you could maybe try a different prs compression tool and see if it gets the file size down after going from ItemPMT.bin->ItemPMT.prs. I never compared Soly's PRS compression to BlueCrab's prstool, but I've read that prstool is really good. Of course it's also compression and depends on the type of data, and what you change may compress less efficiently.

Not an expert on GC, but it seems like this 'GC-Tool' can only 'replace' data in an .iso? If so, you'd need to unpack and then repack the .iso instead. I believe Dolphin can unpack somewhere in the menus, but you need a different tool for repacking. I never used any of them so I can't recommend any.

Because the difference is small, you could maybe try a different prs compression tool and see if it gets the file size down after going from ItemPMT.bin->ItemPMT.prs. I never compared Soly's PRS compression to BlueCrab's prstool, but I've read that prstool is really good. Of course it's also compression and depends on the type of data, and what you change may compress less efficiently.
Hey Ender,

I ended up finding a newer GC Iso tool to open and replace the file with ease.
"Gamecube File Tools 1.10.0" worked without a hitch!

@Ender
I'm working on a Gamecube romhack and am trying to turn other rifles into Spread Needle clones.
I'm wondering why Spread Needle can hit 5 targets when other rifles I change (to match Spread Needles total targets) cannot.
Before shooting, the target reticles appear, but only one target is attacked.

Here is my example:
Spread Needle Distance / Targets:
1701353427077.png

Anti-Android Rifle (Updated to SN variables):
1701353456344.png

If there is hard-coding within the script, I cannot find a way to change that using the tools provided in this post and wouldn't know where to start looking (since I have no history of learning code).

Any advice or assistance would be stellar.

@Ender
I'm working on a Gamecube romhack and am trying to turn other rifles into Spread Needle clones.
I'm wondering why Spread Needle can hit 5 targets when other rifles I change (to match Spread Needles total targets) cannot.
Before shooting, the target reticles appear, but only one target is attacked.

Here is my example:
Spread Needle Distance / Targets:
View attachment 20782

Anti-Android Rifle (Updated to SN variables):
View attachment 20783

If there is hard-coding within the script, I cannot find a way to change that using the tools provided in this post and wouldn't know where to start looking (since I have no history of learning code).

Any advice or assistance would be stellar.
It's hardcoded in the client. The class for spread needle calls a different function when attacking that generates the 5 bullets. There are no tools for making such changes, you would need to find where this is in your ROM and patch the game.

It's hardcoded in the client. The class for spread needle calls a different function when attacking that generates the 5 bullets. There are no tools for making such changes, you would need to find where this is in your ROM and patch the game.
Thank you for the info!
One last question for now: do you know if it's possible to edit any of the display text? Weapon names, item descriptions, etc. I'm changing some Special Attack values and would love to update the descriptions to match.

Back