Sinow Blue breaks the 4th Wall

SteamGuy

Or should I say corridor? So I was trying my luck in ult Mines the other day and since my character is pretty underpowered I utilized the usual enter the room, cause some damage and run back to safety technique. Well today a certain Sinow Blue had other ideas.

I don't remember specifically if he was invisible or not but it somehow was able to get out of the room (the one before getting to Mines 2 I believe) and pursue me. Didn't last too long after that but I was pretty bewildered to say the least! I don't think that's ever happened to me. A few enemies have caused damage to me after running to safety but nothing like that before. Has anybody else had an occurrence like that? I've been playing since the DC/GC days for reference..

Just when you think it's safe..

Edit: Sorry it was a Sinow Blue not red..

Attachments

• 20240428003142_1.jpg
    20240428003142_1.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Yeah, Snow Reds have the jump attack that's a little jank they jump to places that they aren't supposed to. Most noticeably in the Lost Soul Blade quest, when one or more party member go to a platform in the middle of the room and bunch of Snow Reds spawn. Its not uncommon for to jump off the platform and land with the rest of the party.

Ah I'm pretty sure that's how that happened - with the jump/lunge animation. I wanted to see if it followed me Jaws from Goldeneye style but I died soon after that screenshot was taken.

Can it happen with Delsabers I wonder..

Or should I say corridor? So I was trying my luck in ult Mines the other day and since my character is pretty underpowered I utilized the usual enter the room, cause some damage and run back to safety technique. Well today a certain Sinow Blue had other ideas.

I don't remember specifically if he was invisible or not but it somehow was able to get out of the room (the one before getting to Mines 2 I believe) and pursue me. Didn't last too long after that but I was pretty bewildered to say the least! I don't think that's ever happened to me. A few enemies have caused damage to me after running to safety but nothing like that before. Has anybody else had an occurrence like that? I've been playing since the DC/GC days for reference..

Just when you think it's safe..

Edit: Sorry it was a Sinow Blue not red..
That Sinow is a Rogue AI and MUST BE HUNTED DOWN before he spreads the code to the others!!! Mew had once been Trampled by a Bringer thru a door frame and just stood there staring at her TV screen like..."OH HELLLL NAW!! NOT waiting on the others to get here!!!". Mew took that shyt Purrsonal! X'D!

Ah, it's been a while since I've seen this. Yeah sinows can do this from time to time where you can go into the previous room and they'll still pursue you. This is not unique to Blue burst but instead happens on pretty much every version of PSO I've played including v1 US. I'm not sure what causes it but it's like it doesn't get the stop chase code when you go into the hallway and seeing it the first time I was shocked that enemies would work in the hallway in the first place, this was years before custom quests were a thing or even episode 2 which normalized enemeis in hallways. Looking back at it now, seems like a missed opportunity for sega to spice things up in free play in episode 1 but I'm sure the thought behind it was to give players a safe spot between areas to re-coup and equip gear or use mates/fluids since quick menus were not a thing yet in version 1.

I always thought the Sinow Golds were all "lol, i'm a humar" when they heal with their resta so I'm not too surprised their blue and red cousins are being sneaky this way. Plus, a Blue went beyond the room limits slighty and successfully jumped slashed me once in an endless nightmare quest once in the corridor.

I think you can bug alot of enemies to be able to get into other rooms.

I know forsure I’ve seen claws do it too.

It’d be funny to see a custom quest where the enemies can just go through the doors without glitching.

Back