Shared Bank not permanent?

IseNoKami

As someone who used to play on the Ultima server, this screwed with me. So, does swapping over to the shared bank across all characters on my account reset every time I close the game or return to the lobby? If so, is there a way to make it, well, not do that? I only have one character on Ephinea for now, but knowing me, that’s sure to change; as such, it’d be nice if I could have the shared bank as standard, and didn’t need to type the command in every play session.

As someone who used to play on the Ultima server, this screwed with me. So, does swapping over to the shared bank across all characters on my account reset every time I close the game or return to the lobby? If so, is there a way to make it, well, not do that? I only have one character on Ephinea for now, but knowing me, that’s sure to change; as such, it’d be nice if I could have the shared bank as standard, and didn’t need to type the command in every play session.
Define "reset"? Mew decided to simply put /bank as a shortcut! No more typing out anything~! X3!

Every time you login, switch ships or character change you have to type /cbank to access your shared bank. Which is available for any of the 32 character slots to share.

Every time you login, switch ships or character change you have to type /cbank to access your shared bank. Which is available for any of the 32 character slots to share.
That’s a bit of a shame, since I planned to use the shared bank as my main one. But, uh…32 characters? Thought for sure I only had four slots. That’s huge.

On game launcher where it patches updates. Can choose slots 1 through 8. Default is slot 1. Or can type in game /cbank 2 etc

A bit of clarification - the command for switching between character and shared banks is /bank, not /cbank. /cbank is for switching between slots on the character select screen. Like Dman said, you always have to switch to your shared bank every time you log in, but like Mew said, you can easily assign this to a Shift+F1 shortcut or something like that.

A bit of clarification - the command for switching between character and shared banks is /bank, not /cbank. /cbank is for switching between slots on the character select screen. Like Dman said, you always have to switch to your shared bank every time you log in, but like Mew said, you can easily assign this to a Shift+F1 shortcut or something like that.
Assigning shortcuts might prove difficult, since I’m playing on Steam Deck. Built in shortcuts are one thing, but manually assigning commands probably isn’t happening.

Steam has a built in virtual keyboard, there's no way it isn't available on the Deck, after that you can just make a custom keybind to press SHIFT + F1-12 simultaneously.

Steam has a built in virtual keyboard, there's no way it isn't available on the Deck, after that you can just make a custom keybind to press SHIFT + F1-12 simultaneously.
If shift + F1 just does the bank switch, absolutely. It’s just that the other replies gave me the impression I’d have to macro or something to make shift + F1 do that in the first place.

Yeah, mapping shift + F1 to a button doesn’t do anything by itself, it looks like. It’s that extra step of telling the game that’s supposed to do something that doesn’t sound promising on the Deck.

For now, I think I’m just gonna use the character banks normally. F11 and Show Keyboard are commands I’ve already mapped, so the shared bank is still there if I want to share items between characters. It’s just using that as my default bank that’s tedious.

Go to main menu -> Chat -> Shortcuts, pick a shortcut, then type /bank in it. Shift + F1 isn't a /bank shortcut by itself but you can make it that in game.

If you don't want to go through making keybinds you can search for PSOBB on steam controller profiles that should work on Steam Deck as well, mine have the following keybinds:

RB is F2 for quick gear swap
Hold LT + press Dpad Down for SHIFT + F2 - used for /bank)
Hold Select for Shift + F1 - used for /lobby
Press left analog stick button for SHIFT + F4 - used for /map or if you're running the same quest over and over you can use for /setname xxxxx
Hold LT to turn ABXY into 1234 and right analog becomes 6789
Hold LT + and spam Dpad Left for creating room without having to type anything
Hold LT + press Dpad Up for F4(opens the mag window)

If you don't want to go through making keybinds you can search for PSOBB on steam controller profiles that should work on Steam Deck as well, mine have the following keybinds:

Press left analog stick button for SHIFT + F4 - used for /map or if you're running the same quest over and over you can use for /setname xxxxx
Ah, thanks. This actually answers another question I had, basically if anyone had any good recommendations for control schemes; I did come up with my own, but it’s rough and I had a feeling someone around here had come up with something better. For reference, my scheme looks like this.IMG_7332.jpeg

Go to main menu -> Chat -> Shortcuts, pick a shortcut, then type /bank in it. Shift + F1 isn't a /bank shortcut by itself but you can make it that in game.
New problem: I’m trying to set the shortcut up, but the game isn’t giving me the option to manually input /bank. I just get a series of fixed options, none of which are useful for commands.

Okay, stopped being stupid on the controls and mostly mapped them back to buttons, though B and X kinda needed to be swapped. This works way better.

Still have LT set to up arrow key, neither L button seemed to do the camera recentering. And shortcuts are still going nowhere because the game won’t let me manually input their text: for some reason, I’m only allowed to chain together fixed messages.

New problem: I’m trying to set the shortcut up, but the game isn’t giving me the option to manually input /bank. I just get a series of fixed options, none of which are useful for commands.
Just hit space and start typing

Just hit space and start typing
Got it. Took a bit to start working, but I have the bank swap shortcut in place, at least on my current character.

I’ll have to figure out the /cbank shortcuts at some point too, but I think I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. I appreciate having 32 character slots and would love to look into accessing all of them, but for now I’m only running one character.

You can do it from the launcher at the top right, or just type /cbank 1-8 for each set of slots.

You can do it from the launcher at the top right, or just type /cbank 1-8 for each set of slots.
Oh, that’s a launcher thing? I’ll have to check later, but that sounds way easier than trying to set up the shortcuts. Thanks.

Back