Shambertin drop adjustments

phantasystarved

worse than a Humar
Guildcard
Whoo, new forum format! Anyway...

The issue before the Shambertin drop table nerf: Under Sega's final PSOBB JP table, way too many endgame drops came from Shambertin, to the point where people became sick of doing PoD runs all day, erry day.

The issue after the initial Ephinea adjustment: Now the drops from Shambertin are so poor that there's literally no reason to run PoD anymore, when unlocking this team quest with 1500 points is supposed to be a perk.

Proposed solution: Make Shambertin drop fun, useful items that make for interesting - although not necessary - exclusive hunts.

Examples:
Viridia: Murasame
Greenill: Tension Blaster
Skyly: Daisy Chain
Bluefull: Getsugasan
Purplenum: Master Raven
Pinkal: Syringe
Redria: Genpei (Finder's ID version)
Oran: Honeycomb Deflector
Yellowboze: Hunter's Shell
Whitill: Last Swan

2017 edit: Yes Master Raven is crazy, I agree, this was a long time ago, please read my latest post!

Last edited:
I like the idea of making Shambertin have a relevant drop, maybe just one or two. Some weapon that can have hit would be cool! Changing drop tables might cause complications with people wanting ID swaps, but I think a change to a single boss wouldn't warrant that.

My main issue here is that if we add Last Swan and Master Raven to the drop table, people can find them with hit and %s. While, not game-breaking, this would be the advent of high hit Dual Birds which may or may not be a good thing.

I personally would rather not add event, Item Present, or BPD-centric items to the drop table.
I don't really have any good reasons why though LOL
I'll just leave it to others to talk about that.

While adding a thing or two to shambertin would/could be nice, it would have to be something minor of a change. I mean otherwise a shitstorm would ensue. I also agree adding stuff like bpd items isn't the best idea even though I want a DB for my racast. It would become so abused if it were to have hit. It's the strongest ATP Mechgun in game and usable by hucaseal. Though with charge vulcans I'm still unsure it would make as much difference as I believe. LS initially though would become more spammed and high hit MR might be able to get a H out idk. I agree with Anime.

Thanks for the input!

My first draft of potential drops was only meant to be constructive conversation starter, they could be anything!
No Dual-Bird makers is cool with me. Although I do love those weapons!

Other suggestions:
Le Cogneur, Chameleon Scythe, Jitte, 5th Anniversary Blade
Friend Ring, Lollipop, Kroe's Sweater, Samurai Armor
The PD items no one buys: Broom, Flower Cane, Nei's Claw (replica)
Yahoo!'s Engine, Cell of YN-0017

P.S. Mille Marteaux is the strongest mechgun, and Guld Milla, while a bit less ATP, has significantly more starting accuracy and a much more useful special (Gush, instead of DB's Kings) and I'm only mentioning this because I'm totally non-biased and don't love Last Swans and Dual Birds at all

P.P.S. This forum is so much better without the background noise, thank you

Last edited:
Hmm according to psow.

Mm is 200-220 atp
DB is 210 atp
GM is 180-200 atp.

Yet NDW sent me this time ago. I'm now unsure what's correct.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161016-011028.png
    Screenshot_20161016-011028.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 11
My spreadsheet, which was originally born out of early SCHT but has been long since proofread for vanilla, coincides with PSO World on this one. I really think NDW's chart is off on that one - for the ATP anyway - but the ATA and other stuff looks correct at first glance. But like you, I too will await the word on someone who can look at Ephinea's table!

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out, the "total atp" is adding the grind to it. Which I never took into account.
So basically, positives of DB: most damaging by a slight margin, range equal to Guld Milla, usable by Hucaseals
Negatives of DB: By far the worst starting accuracy out of the high end mechguns, and lousy special.

But yeah, at this point just nerding out over weaponry stats, I'm not hung up on having them droppable.
There's plenty of other options.

Last edited:
Oh totally, grind. I am glad that was worked out.

As for what could actually be placed on shambertin to make it a bit more admired without changing it drastically I have no clue. Different rage de feus.

Last edited:
This is really outside the box, but one could also place some TypeM weapons (TypeSA/Saber, Type RI/Rifle, TypeWA/Wand etc) into the Very Hard chart. I think they're normally random Beak's Cafe prizes? Not sure. Anyway, they're all low requirement, low stats, high grind weapons that are white in color. Useful only for twinking newbies, really, but fun and aesthetically different.

I'm just throwing ideas out, but really, anything that's fun to hunt but not top-end gear would be fine, I just feel at this point like I wasted 1500 hard-earned (solo!) team points on PoD before the Shamby nerf.

My concern is less hit Dual Bird, it would be far from overpowered as the weapon itself has base 22ish ATA and no special worth speaking of. RDF is better as a raw damage mechgun for that reason alone.

However, I do not want to see hit Master Raven floating around. That thing is already enough of a monster on N, I don't want to let it loose with the potential ability to land H semi-reliably, even if it would require ludicrous amounts of hit to do so.

Hit Daisy Chain would be fun though, but that sword is my baby so that's my bias speaking.

My concern is less hit Dual Bird, it would be far from overpowered as the weapon itself has base 22ish ATA and no special worth speaking of. RDF is better as a raw damage mechgun for that reason alone.

However, I do not want to see hit Master Raven floating around. That thing is already enough of a monster on N, I don't want to let it loose with the potential ability to land H semi-reliably, even if it would require ludicrous amounts of hit to do so.

Hm, I'm curious, is it the 10 extra ATA over Last Swan that makes it so much more powerful? Because it actually has less of an ATP bonus (on average) 50-100 compared to Last Swan's 80-90. I know more ATA = more hits/damage, but does the extra ATA make that much of a difference? I've never really used one.

We could definitely use a small edit to Shambertin/Kondrieu to add the 4 different RDFs. It's a really strong mechgun, with only DB being as easy to get, so it'd be an alright drop.

Dunno what else to put on there, definitely not LS/MR of course, although I'd be fine with joke weapons being able to drop with hit.

Second revision for Shamby drops, reflects points made above.

Section ID: Very Hard drop / Ultimate drop
Viridia: Samurai Armor / Murasame
Greenill: Le Cogneur / Tension Blaster
Skyly: Nei's Claw (replica) / Daisy Chain
Bluefull: Broom / Getsugasan
Purplenum: Jitte / Rage De Feu (Geist)
Pinkal: Syringe / Chameleon Scythe
Redria: Flower Cane / Genpei (Finder's ID version)
Oran: Lollipop / Honeycomb Deflector
Yellowboze: Flower Cane / Hunter's Shell
Whitill: Cell of YN-0117 / Rage De Feu (Blizzard)

Purplenum's Dorphon Eclair RDF drop becomes RDF (Burning)
Whitill's Girtablulu RDF drop becomes RDF (Tempest)

Edit: Changed Kroe's Sweater to Jitte because the Sweater is really really bad, worthy of Hard difficulty

Last edited:
I think I'll make a topic in the main section about changing Shambertin's drops. I'll probably do a little bit of shuffling of your choices, though I do agree with some of them (example being that I think I'll move Cell of YN-0117 to Ultimate, and shift some of the joke weapons to Dragon Scale too).

I should mention that I won't list your name anywhere, as I feel a lot of mudslinging and drama was caused as people could put names to the suggestions. Had a lot of people bitching about how "X person" or "Y person" would suggest "terrible thing Z", so I'll get the flak from now on.

Shuffle away! Thank you everyone for your input.

One interesting equipment note about Genpei, after thinking about it more:
Genpei is one cool looking shield, having different versions with cosmetic changes (different ID symbols). It has synergy with Samurai Armor which makes it useful as mid-level armor until you can get something better. I'd really like to see it somewhere on the drop table, personally.

On thinking of it further, though, there's no easy way to get different versions of Genpei on the same drop. Even if you use the "Finder's Version", using my last post as an example, it'd have a Redria design no matter if you chose Classic or PSO2 drops, right?

While it wouldn't be horrible for all Genpeis to have a Redria design, it would be really cool if it could be integrated somewhere to turn in the "Finder's ID" version, and receive the Section ID design of your choice (all of which have their own item IDs)

Just idle thoughts, haha. Thanks again for enduring my ramblings.

Genpei already has 10 or so entries in the ItemPMT; the SID is determined by which item you specifically get I think, so I don't think I can do Genpei with Finder's ID, unless we put Genpei as all the VH drops and the ID you get is the one you're hunting on.

Can you check item ID 01029B00 and see if the design changes depending on the SID of the wielder? The description I have is kind of ambiguous. Or maybe it's meant to be an ID best used as a quest reward, thus giving you your SID's version? Just curious.

Last edited:
Bumping because I think my original post is even more relevant now than it was before!
I'd love reasons to hunt in PoD again...

New suggestions (now with Hard drops which currently don't exist!):
Section ID: Hard/Very Hard drop / Ultimate drop
Viridia: Weapons Silver Shield / Samurai Armor / Chameleon Scythe
Greenill: Weapons Gold Shield / Soul Eater / Tension Blaster
Skyly: Hunter Field / Nei's Claw (replica) / Daisy Chain
Bluefull: Black Gear / Broom / Rage De Feu (Tempest)
Purplenum: Ranger Field / Technical Crozier / Rage De Feu (Geist)
Pinkal: Force Field / Star Amplifier / Rage De Feu (Burning)
Redria: Kroe's Sweater / Flower Cane / Genpei (Finder's ID version)
Oran: Dirty Lifejacket / Dragon Scale / Honeycomb Deflector
Yellowboze: Weapons Bronze Shield / Magic Rock "moola" / Hunter's Shell
Whitill: Friend Ring / Stealth Suit / Rage De Feu (Blizzard)

There's some crappy items in there that few people have heard of, but completionists/collectors will like having them.
Thanks again for your time and consideration!

I really don't get what your goal is here.

We addressed Shambertin and Kondrieu being "useless" for hunts back in the latest drop chart change in May. We've now given Shambertin the ability to drop both Dragon Scale and Liberta Kit exclusively on Ultimate (although Scale comes from Coren as well). Liberta Kit is also no longer obtainable from events and must be hunted, as due to its popularity we felt adding another worthwhile hunt would increase variety to some degree at least.

Furthermore most of your drop suggestions just seem to be quest and event items which are not going to leave their quests and events, if you want to obtain them you'll need to get them the way they're supposed to be obtained rather than asking for the drop tables to accommodate them.

While there are still some unobtainable items, they'll most likely be made available eventually through some means later on.

Back