Server work on 4/6/2016 @ 7:00am UTC

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
We'll be moving from the VPS to the dedicated server at 7:00am UTC on 4/6/2016. (This is 00:00 Pacific and 03:00 Eastern).

During that time, the website and game will be offline for a bit. I've already set up most things on the new server, just need to import the database and fire it up.

Also during that time, maintenance will be performed on the server and the following changes will be made:

- A bug will be fixed with global flags not being sent between players. (Ex: CCA gates not unlocking between players in game.)
- Kill counters for unsealing items will now count all enemies killed instead of one enemy per swing, etc. (BACK TO THE OLD P-SERV DAYS)
- Fix a problem where users could be disconnected by other users in the lobby.
- Weapons that drop in Episode 2 now have 5% chance to have the Hit attribute applied to them.
- A new Hunter's Boost road will be added. (Road will consist of East Tower, West Tower and Phantasmal World #4)
- The FSOD April Fool's quest will be removed. Goodnight, sHADOW, my sweet prince.

Last edited:
Smashing job, sir!

Not to push my luck, but will Yellowboze have an even higher than 5% chance for hit in Ep. 2 like the other episodes? Or is it just 5% straight across the board?

Thanks!

No worries. To be honest, Yellowboze is already an incredible ID to begin with, and never needed that. Thanks for the clarification!

- Weapons that drop in Episode 2 now have 5% chance to have the Hit attribute applied to them.
Best update ever.

- A new Hunter's Boost road will be added. (I still actually haven't decided on what quests to put on the new road, will decide by the end of the night.)
How about some episode 2 quests to celebrate the 5% change? Perhaps the Phantasmal World series, or something with lost chaos calibur...

Last edited:
Reactions: Zen
I recommend fragment of a memory, Ma4c eps 2, and Lost son hopkins, for boost road.

he ain't got dis dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, move is complete. It may take some time before other peoples' DNS gets the new IP address for ephinea.pioneer2.net

Really depends on their ISP's DNS servers and how long their cache keeps alive, so if anyone is having trouble reaching the server, they just gotta ride it out. Alternatively, if it's their PC that's keeping the old IP, they can try to reboot it to flush their DNS cache. But, either way, will sort itself out.

Nah, just 5% across the board. Sorry, Yellowboze. :( I think 6% or higher may be a little broken...
Changing my avatar now, RAAAAGE! RAGE I TELL YOU

Ah, the good old days on the Sega, PSOW and GameFaqs forums where people would get all worked up dissing or defending certain Section IDs. Good times, good times. I was not exempt from this, Yellowboze has always been viewed as good but I had to defend Bluefull and Oran's honor a few times. Very underrated in the GC/XB era.

Well Bluefull and Oran were kind of meh.

You always had the main power IDs which got most of the good items (Redria, Purplenum, Yellowboze), and then the other IDs were kind of niche IDs that you used to get certain items (Skyly, Oran, etc), but weren't good first picks.

Then you had Pinkal.

Lol, poor Pinkal. And actually, Whitill wasn't very good either, it got a huuuuge boost in Blue Burst, most of any ID in my opinion.

I agree with all of what you said, but Bluefull was fantastic for Huneys and melee Forces. Oran wasn't the best option for any class but was surprisingly well-rounded. There were drops for all classes if you were willing to hunt for them.

Back