Server will quickly restart at 17:30 UTC

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
In about an hour and a half, the server will quickly restart to fix some bugs and implement some back-end changes.

The bug I'm addressing is with the new /purist mode. The new mode was supposed to apply the experience rate change to people who joined your pure party, but it isn't working as intended.

Also, pure parties were supposed to list "Game Type: Pure" in the lobby list, but that isn't working as intended as well.

After the restart, both will work as intended. Additionally, if you have purist mode set and you join a non-pure party, your own experience rate will be set to 100% anyway.

Also, Phoenix Claw will now save you from a character deletion in Hardcore mode. I don't think anyone has died with a Phoenix Claw yet while in Hardcore mode, so good thing I caught this before someone lost a character. ;)

I am also implementing some back-end changes to how the ship and logon server communicate with each other.

I want to get this done before the weekend starts, so I apologize for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
Also, Phoenix Claw will now save you from a character deletion in Hardcore mode. I don't think anyone has died with a Phoenix Claw yet while in Hardcore mode, so good thing I caught this before someone lost a character. ;)

Huh, what’s the Phoenix Claw? Or: Why can’t I find it in the pso-world.com database? By the way, what do you think about creating an Ephinea item database (one page per item, with stats etc., possibly drop metadata, maybe even if it can be obtained in quests etc.), included in the website? Would love that.

Its a weapon that acts as Scape Doll.

There is a guy who has an item database among other things for Schthack, Ultima and Ephinea too it seems.
Anyway, you can see it here http://psobb.info/

Huh, what’s the Phoenix Claw? Or: Why can’t I find it in the pso-world.com database? By the way, what do you think about creating an Ephinea item database (one page per item, with stats etc., possibly drop metadata, maybe even if it can be obtained in quests etc.), included in the website? Would love that.
I've actually been thinking it would be worth having a MediaWiki installation somewhere for Ephinea, however it'd be a lot of work (I suck at MediaWiki) and I personally don't have a host of my own.

There is Orgodemirk's http://psobb.info website, but it's not really my cup of tea (still a nice site though), I still use PSO-World for most things.

Back