Server maintenance concluded for February 11th, 2022. HBR change. (サーバメンテナンス終了&HBR仕様変更のお知らせ)

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Server maintenance has concluded for February 11th, 2022. With the end of this maintenance, a small change to HBR has been made.

With the removal of Maximum Attack S, we decided to implement a way for characters under level 100 to gain some extra experience.

Now, characters under level 100 playing a HBR quest at any difficulty level excluding Ultimate, will have an experience boost applied to them that stacks with other boosts that are in effect at the time.

By default, those characters will have a 5% experience boost, but that boost will be increased by the number of HBR points you have, to a maximum of an extra experience boost of 50%.

To be specific, the EXP increase will be increased directly with HBR points:

5% + (HBR Points). For example, having 24 points equals a 29% increase.

Note that this EXP boost does not get shared with other players like drop rate and rare rate does, to avoid boosting.

This should help to level up new characters but also, at the same time, promote playing and discovering different content.

Of course, as always, /purist can and will negate the experience boost effect.

We hope that you enjoy this change and thank you for playing on Ephinea!

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
2022年2月11日のサーバーメンテナンスが完了しました。HBRの仕様に変更が加えられています。

Maximum Attack Sの廃止に伴い、レベル100までのキャラクターが経験値を獲得できる手段を実装することにしました。
LV100未満のキャラクターが、アルティメット以外の難易度でHBR対象クエストをプレイすると、従来のボーナスに加えて経験値にもブーストが適用されます。

経験値ボーナス = 5% + HBR point (最大+50%まで)

例:HBRが24ポイントだった場合、経験値+29%
なお、この経験値ボーナスは、RDRやDARのようにパーティ内で共有されず、自分にのみ適用されます。

これは、新しいキャラクターのレベルアップに役立つと同時に、多種多様なクエストのプレイや発見を促進する狙いもあります。
もちろん、これまでのように、/purist コマンドで経験値ブーストの効果を無効にすることも可能です。

ハンターズブーストロード (HBR) の詳細

これからもEphineaでのプレイをお楽しみください!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the growth rate for this boost? I just got cold chills imagining grinding out 300 HBR points as a sub-80 RAmarl...

Edit: Ender helped me do a bit of testing, it looks like "that boost will be increased by the number of HBR points you have." means the actual HBR points themselves, not HBR milestone boosts like the drop rates. So Ender had +6HBR, for a boost of 111% EXP, while I have 0 total, so I stayed at 105%. So it looks like you'd need +45 HBR to get the full EXP boost, with it just going up equal to your points. Obviously capped at 50 like Soda said. Hope this helps anyone else who was confused by the wording like I was!

Last edited:
Pretty sick. I like how this benefits established players who may’ve already grinded hbr points up that month and when exp week rolls around (arguably worst boost for already lvl/geared players) they can then swap to a new char and reach up to the coveted 300% exp (hc mode)

I do however spot a possible downside which is that it may be hard to fill a VH game even if it’s hbr due to the lack of notable drops (in most areas/ids). However this can be circumvented by dual-clienting (in the allowed fashion) which I highly recommend to save time for long-term players. In this regard too you can earn hbr points on 2 accounts simultaneously which could be kinda useful as well where as it was simply not very recommendable prior to this update.

Every months hbr is going to vary as far as viability vs other quests exp-to-minute ratio. For anyone interested I did some light testing and I found that the quest Endless: Ep 1 seems to be the fastest exp from a regular quest even over CCC and MAE but of course it could be tested much more. White also seems to be the best ID for this quest as it will drop DoB (in VH)

For what it's worth, you can't really do "notable drops" (which of course means items that have worth in Ultimate) in VH, because what would happen is the price would tank due to higher levels overfarming it, or the drop rate would be hard enough that nobody bothers hunting it, and just pushes to Ultimate anyway; see something like Ignition Cloak for an example of this.

As for exclusive drops in Very Hard - a very tragic idea.

Oh most definitely I understand the reasoning for not having too good of drops within VH. This of course being that with the low EDK/stats a fully geared char simply 1 hits everything and it ends up being either too easy or completely mindless and not really fun to farm. The only notable item I can think of in VH is iggy cloak and HSC. Pretty sure cloak is offa rare mob so maybe not the most viable hunt seeing as it does also drop in ult. HSC I believe is exclusive to VH. So perhaps for the most optimal PD farm/lvling people could be running stuff with girt in order to pop a couple of those whilst also leveling and then sell ‘‘em off for a couple PDs.

Definitely having to farm exp in a quest with drops is game changing having to consider which ID you are etc. I’m not extremely familiar with VH drops so it was fun to check out that drop chart some more.

Leveling and grabbing a possibly high hit DOB is fine by me. If I don’t find anything faster than Endless that’s also fine because I find that one to be the funnest quest in the game imho

Great compromise! This definitely makes HBR worthwhile in the early game before drops are as prevalent. Now I can pry myself away from GVMT questing for a bit!

What a fantastic idea. A true "taking lemons and making lemonade" story! A way to encourage players to get into some good, diversified content while leveling.

Sega would have been lucky to have you guys back in the day. They couldn't have come up with an idea half this good!

I love this change. This is a fantastic way to encourage a variety of content engagement.

For what it's worth, you can't really do "notable drops" (which of course means items that have worth in Ultimate) in VH, because what would happen is the price would tank due to higher levels overfarming it, or the drop rate would be hard enough that nobody bothers hunting it, and just pushes to Ultimate anyway; see something like Ignition Cloak for an example of this. As for exclusive drops in Very Hard - a very tragic idea.

What of the opposite: Copy (not move) some of Ultimate's most totally worthless exclusives (the least used, most mediocre rares, found so late in Ultimate that something better has already been found, almost always trashed on pickup) into VH -- where they are treated as higher-rarity items? Ultimate's trash could be some of VH's treasure, resulting in more varied loadouts amongst newbies on their way to Ultimate, while avoiding the issues you mentioned.

I dont know about which items that are considered bad in Ult and would also be relevant for adding to VH; that arent already both in VH and Ult lol. Although I've always thought itd be pretty cool if they removed reductions from rares altogether, finally put that Gae Bolg to use and give us 13 new rares to hunt and use lol

Last edited:
The above completely misses why there are no "worthwhile drops" in VH - those same items are already in VH, it's simply because the items have no intrinstic worth, and you can just trade a Photon Drop or two to get some better item that drops in Ultimate from players who are hunting the really rare stuff in Ultimate.

Because this is a server with an economy and your account automatically participates in it, everything is based on its worth on the market, not its intrinstic value to your own account, since shortcuts can be made with currency. Units like God/Battle, for example, are actually very good items, but are deemed worthless because you can just use a Photon Drop to get a better Ultimate-exclusive.

Would adding 13 more viable items be good for the economy? I suppose if they are actually good you might have to boost the drop rates for some of them for balancing. I just think it would be tons of fun to have a sense of excitement from getting a Gae Bolg, slicer of assassin etc instead of that feeling “oh just 1 team point” and then proceed to drop it on the ground lol. Of course, relevant to the topic, it would make the drops from norm-VH feel much more rewarding.

Last edited:
Would adding 13 more viable items be good for the economy? I suppose if they are actually good you might have to boost the drop rates for some of them for balancing. I just think it would be tons of fun to have a sense of excitement from getting a Gae Bolg, slicer of assassin etc instead of that feeling “oh just 1 team point” and then proceed to drop it on the ground lol. Of course, relevant to the topic, it would make the drops from norm-VH feel much more rewarding.
....what's good for new players should also be never able to be exploited bye the older players with op equips. Even scrub forces could dominate vh......no need for adjustments of drop tables....take your lumps and move on to ultimate...

....what's good for new players should also be never able to be exploited bye the older players with op equips. Even scrub forces could dominate vh......no need for adjustments of drop tables....take your lumps and move on to ultimate...
*Takes an uncharacteristic defensive stance!* In mew's defense, she doesn't just give OP weps to nooblets willy nilly!! Granted there will be the occasional old veteran starting completely over and ruminating over their past glory, then mew may reunite them wiff an 'old friend' like a hit spread needle or monkey bar just to put them in the right state of mind to regain their lost honor! *eyes soften* But mew Doesn't fall into that CATegory of "older players with op equips" dammit~! OK, the occasional double saber or guilty light mew is definitely guilty of....so.....Nya~! =P

There is no sense of excitement from getting a Gae Bolg in VH, because getting a Photon Drop (which is easier to get in general) will let you buy a weapon that is way stronger.

The actual progression N-VH is fine, it's just that most people skip it by trading or being given items, therefore all that matters is the item's worth on the market, and everything in VH will always be worthless. If it's huntable in VH, people in Ultimate would be able to power farm them, making the price worth nothing.

The only "fix" for this sort of stuff would be to refuse to ever trade or be given items, but almost nobody does that.

I now agree making VH stronger isn't a good idea. But let's back up for a moment: What "pain" does that solve? I propose it is our urge to self-express through equipment: Weapons, Armor, Shields, Mags. When old rares fit well with a character, to find an upgrade can be painfully bittersweet.

We have a solution already: The cosmetic item tools. Heart of [X] for various weapons & (Color) Paints for Red Ring. If coding limits permit, I propose A LOT MORE are created. Especially those which make Ult equipment look like VH equipment. A list of examples are below.

Unlike existing Event cosmetics, these new ones should consume a quantity of the original weapon in NPC trade to obtain its Heart. This adds collector's value to the lesser rares, and it protects/enhances the rarest items' perceived value and pride of ownership (if it's easier to obtain a skin of something than the actual thing, actual thing owners will feel devalued). Thus for example, when a proud NUG-2000 user sees a fellow NUG, they are assured it at least was one.
  • trade (#) Justy-23STs for Heart of Justy-23ST = [Bringer's Rifle*]
  • trade (#) VISK-235Ws for Heart of VISK-235W = [Holy Ray*]
  • trade a NUG-2000 for Heart of NUG-2000 = [Cannon Rouge*]
  • trade (#) Flowen's Sword Replicas (or a bunch of Year models?) - get Heart of Flowen's Sword = [Dark Flow*]
  • trade (#) Safety Hearts for Heart of Safety = [Red Ring*]
  • trade (#) Varistas for Heart of Varista = [Holy Ray*, Heaven Striker*]
  • etc.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk please like and subscribe

Last edited:
Back