Server maintenance completed for July 30th, 2023

Ender

Snail
Staff member
Guildcard
Sorry for the long maintenance but I ran into an issue near the end of testing. Here are the changes from today's maintenance...

Implemented a fix for re-entering the Vol Opt boss room to correctly position players when the boss is already dead. The fix isn't perfect because the way the client repositions players is a little strange, but I think it will clear up the problem.

The number hotkeys on the alternate palette will remain accessible with 100 PB. I will probably be expanding this functionality in the future to 'toggle' whether PB is on your palette.

Added ability to customize the in game reticle through reticle.txt in the root PSOBB directory. This file allows customizing all 15 ingame reticles for different keys/buttons and actions. This file is read and then regenerated on game launch. The file has English comments explaining each line. Japanese comments will be added at another time.

Changes made to reticle.txt can be loaded ingame through CTRL+L with /shortcuts enabled on a character. If at any point you want to restore the defaults, simply delete the file and relaunch your game.

Made a large number of changes to the client to raise ingame limits that caused rare crashes. Crashes were typically seen in Subdesert quests such as War of Limits 4 when enough items dropped on the ground. These changes will cause your Monster Reader and Kill Counter addons to not detect any monsters. You will need to update these addons if you use them. If you use PSOStats, that client also needs to be updated.

If you find any monster behavior that breaks or certain attacks that don't damage you, please report it and I'll take a look.

Photon Filter can be now used on Magical Piece* with Heart of the Sigh of a God.

Added 7 new Red Ring paints. The new colors are named Cyan, Onyx, Orange, Rose, Ultramarine, Chartreuse, and Violet. These will be available in the Anniversary event. If you'd like to test with these in sandbox, the combination items have hex codes 030E49 to 030E4F.

Added some new Red Ring skins. The new skins are Shield of Delsaber, Standstill Shield, Honeycomb Reflector, Epsiguard, Safety Heart, Angel Ring, Bunny Ears, Cat Ears, and From the Depths. These will be available from a year-round quest at a later date. If you'd like to test these in sandbox, the combination items have hex codes 030E50 to 030E58.

I think that's everything in this update. Hopefully I didn't miss anything and let me know if anything is broken!

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
メンテナンスが長くなってしまいご迷惑をおかけいたしました。
今回のメンテナンスによる変更点は以下の通りです。

バグ修正
  • ボルオプト戦において、既に倒した後にボス部屋に再入場した際、プレイヤーの位置がおかしくなり動けなくなる不具合を修正しました。クライアントがプレイヤーの位置を決定する仕組みが少し込み入っているため、完璧な修正とはなっておりませんが、問題は発生しなくなったと思います。

• ゲーム内に大量のオブジェクトが存在する際に発生するクラッシュに対応するため、クライアントに多数の変更を加えました。特にケースとして多かったのが、地下砂漠のWoL4のようなクエストで、多数のアイテムドロップがあった際に発生していたものです。
    これらの変更により、アドオンのモンスターリーダーとキルカウンターがモンスターを検出できなくなります。これらのアドオンを利用している場合は、アップデートをしてください。またPSOStatsを利用している場合は、そちらのクライアントもアップデートする必要があります。

もしモンスターの挙動がおかしくなっていたり、ダメージを与えられないなどの事象が発生した場合はご報告ください。
機能追加
  • 数字のショートカットキーの裏パレットについて、PBが100の状態でも利用できるようになりました。将来的には、この機能を拡張してPBをパレットに置くかどうかを切り替えできるようにするかもしれません。

• PSOBBのルートディレクトリにあるreticle.txtから、ゲーム内のレティクル(ターゲットアイコン)をカスタマイズできるようになりました。このファイルにより、15個すべての異なるキー/ボタンやアクションに対して、カスタマイズができるようになります。このファイルはゲーム起動時に読み込まれ、再生成されます。ファイルには各行を説明する英文のコメントがあります。日本語のコメントは追って追加します!

reticle.txtに加えられた変更は、/shortcutsが有効になっている状態でCTRL+Lを押すことで、ゲーム内に読み込むことができます。デフォルトに戻したい場合は、ファイルを削除してゲームを再起動するだけです。
アイテムスキン関係
  • フォトンフィルターが「神の吐息の心」を使用したマジカルピースに使用できるようになりました。
  • レッドリングのペイントに新たに7色を追加しました。新しい色はそれぞれ黄緑・水色・漆黒・橙・バラ・群青・スミレ色です。サンドボックスでこれらの試使用をしてみたい場合、アイテムの16進コードは030E49から030E4Fです。
  • レッドリングのスキンを新たに追加しました。新しいスキンはそれぞれ「デルセイバーの盾」「スタンドスティル」「ハニカムリフレクター」「イプシガード」「セーフティハート」「円環天使」「ウサミミ」「ネコミミ」「淵ヨリ来ルモノ」です。これらのアイテムは通年で利用可能なクエストから入手できるように後日対応予定です。サンドボックスでこれらの試使用をしてみたい場合、アイテムの16進コードは030E50から030E58です。
今回の変更点は以上だと思います。見落としがないことを祈りつつ、何らかの不具合があればご報告をお願いします!

Last edited:
really happy about the first two fixes, thanks! can people post their modded reticles? i'm not even sure how i would want that to change.

Does ephinea have any plans of opening new skins for weapons? Such as for “double sabers”?

Bro epic update.
More ring paints including Orange, I need them all! Guess I need 7 more RRs minimum, will go for 3-4 of the Cosmetic ones, but not all though.
The palette viewable with PB is a godly move.
By targeting reticule do they just mean the different arrows when you're targeting different enemies/distances? I can edit how that looks? That is pretty dope.

By targeting reticule do they just mean the different arrows when you're targeting different enemies/distances? I can edit how that looks?
Yep!

Thank you a lot for all the work you put in.
Love the new skins, and love the Alternate Palette accessible while 100PB
this is really really great

I have a question about the Shield of Delsaber RR skin. Since I have a Heart of Delsaber's Buster equipped on my Excalibur, will the "soul" light up on the Shield of Delsaber skin if I use these weapons together? Since that's be pretty dope, tbh!

Back