Section ID suggestions for a Humar/Racasceal duo?

Senan

Hey everyone, my gf and I have been playing on this server for awhile now and we're currently in the upper 40s. We're trying to be as "self found" as possible while we play so I wanted to see which Section IDs would be the most recommended for us. Currently, I'm using Redria because the assortment of melee drops/areas they drop in seemed decent and I thought it was the only ID that got God/Battle (which I now realize Skyly can get as well.) She's using Purplenum because it looked like a decent ID for ranged drops and such.

That said, I really didn't research these IDs very thoroughly before we picked them and I'd like to get some educated opinions/suggestions on the subject before we make our second choice. Weird as it might sound, we were actually in the mood to restart our characters anyway, so I figured we'd pick the "right" IDs this time.

So far, I was kind of leaning towards Skyly on my character, just based on what I've read, but I'm not a huge fan of the look of it, heh (I can get over that though.) As for her Racasceal, I'm really not sure at all. If you guys could give us some advice, we'd really appreciate it.

(By the way, we're not averse to trading or anything, and I'm sure we'll do it down the road, but we're trying to see how far we can get on our own.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yellowboze is definitely one of the IDs you should use. It currently gets the biggest spread of drops, and a lot of important stuff from Episode 4 drops on it. For trading's sake, it is -the- best ID you can have due to the amount of items it gets.

Apart from that, I'd like to say that Purplenum and Whitill are relatively good balanced IDs.

You'll want to get V101 eventually so a God/Battle drop is not that important; although God/Battle or Heavenly/Battle drop will help in hunting V101.

The "'Best' Items for each Class" and the section on IDs in "Game Mechanic Compilation" under the Guides subforum is probably worth a read. Although for the latter, anything written for Ep4 does not really apply to Ephinea since the dropchart is different. You should also ignore the "ranks" in that one due to that.

Thanks for the advice guys! I ended up going with Yellowboze like you suggested, Matt. Sounds like just what I was looking for, and I'm also digging the style/color.

And I'll definitely check that guide out Melirei :)

Thanks again!

Back