S-red's Blade for Ract/Racl

You can already de-facto buff yourself as a solo ranger cast by using S-Rank Zalure Needle on groups or S-Rank Zalure Gun or Rifle on enemies you want to reach out and touch. That should be enough for enemies that are taking a little too long. Course, it would probably be repetitive if you did it every wave, but it still works.

I could see how it would help, I mean racaseal only has 10 more ata than a racast. But at the same time they do have the highest def out of any ranger class. Maybe a stat change would be nice, I would gladly trade def for more atp.

7 more ATA fam. but I think the main draw for me of racl is the DFP. That sexy sexy DRL blocking DFP (multimode with D/J30)

Since my first post in this thread was more of a shitpost I wanted to make myself clearer on the topic. I support having S-reds for RAct and RAcl. After playing RAcaseal for however many thousands of hours, her ATP is far and away her biggest handicap, and trying to solo stuff on RAcl without Shifta is so unbearably bad I pretty much never solo because of it. It's one of the reasons why I made an alt account when dual boxing was a thing so I could give myself S/D without any of the ridiculous compromises people have suggested in this thread.

The fact of the matter is S-reds is a consistent, reliable way to make soloing just a little bit more bearable for RAcast/RAcaseal. Relying on MAG BUFFS of all things isn't. Relying on Mylla & Youlla isn't. Relying on DEMONS because your ATP is so bad you have to use a niche special that does REDUCED damage, that I normally exclusively reserve for incredibly tough high HP/DFP enemies like Epsilon or Girtablulu, isn't. Divine Punishment? More like Darvant Punishment. Zalure S-Ranks are prohibitively expensive and yes, excruciatingly repetitive to use. With a force and a high enough level zalure, I can debuff enemies with just one button input. Switching back and forth between weapons for zalure is a whole hell of a lot more than just one button input.

Mr. Com mentioned trading defense for ATP earlier. I would go a step further and say literally any RAcaseal on the planet outside of the one guy TAing Spaceship MAE would trade RAcaseal's stats for RAcast's. The extra DFP doesn't matter. The extra EVP doesn't matter. And unless you're in a vacuum where ATP doesn't matter and the extra ATA makes Hell a little more reliable, the extra ATA? Doesn't matter. The 175 extra ATP is more useful. More base ATP also means bigger boosts from Shifta as well. Then factor in sacrificial specials. Factor in crits.
Racaseal gets the joy of being in a worse Racast role who is physically weaker than Ramar even. Trying to solo with her is pretty taxing time wise.

With all of that said, giving RAct/RAcl S-reds is ultimately a band-aid to a much larger issue I've outlined before. But it's a lot more likely to happen than Ephinea actually putting some chocolate in their french vanilla server and adjusting class stats themselves. I mean, they gave HUney Clio. Pandora's box is open now. SLIPPERY SLOPE :lenny:

TL;DR please rate this novel 5 stars on amazon

Mr. Com mentioned trading defense for ATP earlier. I would go a step further and say literally any RAcaseal on the planet outside of the one guy TAing Spaceship MAE would trade RAcaseal's stats for RAcast's. The extra DFP doesn't matter. The extra EVP doesn't matter. And unless you're in a vacuum where ATP doesn't matter and the extra ATA makes Hell a little more reliable, the extra ATA? Doesn't matter. The 175 extra ATP is more useful. More base ATP also means bigger boosts from Shifta as well. Then factor in sacrificial specials. Factor in crits.

I like the DFP. Racaseal's main draw to me is being more forgiving and more fun to melee with than ract unless you're an OMG NUMBERS fam

I still think that Ra in general and Hucast have more atp than they need and would nerf their atp some cause I'm a cruel person.

I mean Racaseal and Ramarl less than Ramar and Racast but still.

I still think that Ra in general and Hucast have more atp than they need and would nerf their atp some cause I'm a cruel person.

Actually in the older versions of pso, like pso ver.2 specifically some classes actually did have slightly less atp than they do on this version. Racaseal also had a higher max atp of 1214 vs 1175.

I like the DFP. Racaseal's main draw to me is being more forgiving and more fun to melee with than ract unless you're an OMG NUMBERS fam
Let's not pretend you actually use the extra DFP for any tactical reason. We all know you just like to take less damage while you're typing. :3

Do you use Black Hound Cuirass? Personally D-Parts 1.01 are basically permanently melded to my RAcaseal because I'm trying to milk as much ATP out of the game as possible, but she can potentially have like... 1253 DFP with Red Ring and BHC. I lose around 200 DFP using D-Parts instead, but with RR and her naturally good HP and DFP, I can easily live with it.

HUcast is comically OP in the right hands and is basically the TA class, but I disagree with the point about rangers. I lived through PSZero where rangers are basically just worse hunters and don't want to live through it again. They also got rid of Shifta and Deband for RAmar/RAmarl, which really beat them with the shit end of the nerf stick. Wait what was that expression again?

Well in all fairness rangers aren't worse hunters in this game. Tool wise they are just flat out packing better stuff.

Plus I've seen a lot of people that have said they think the difference in pow between hucast and racast is the right difference to go for based off tools they got. But then they say they'd buff the other HU to around Hucast's atp cause they just don't wanna nerf OP atp.

But yeah everyone has their opinion on what would make this game more balanced I guess.

And yeah I played PSZero a bit as well when it was out so I get u. But yeah its not like I'd nerf Ramarl below Fomar in atp when talking about atp nerfing. She'd still be more powerful than him in base stats.

On another note I'd buff Humar's techs he can learn to 20 as well lol (which would come with buffing his mst as well but meh). Give Foney an extra 200 atp (cause if their is a class that needs atp it is her, and it wouldn't really change her equips), and give Fomar/l 10/9 more ata, just cause I could.

Let's not pretend you actually use the extra DFP for any tactical reason. We all know you just like to take less damage while you're typing. :3

Do you use Black Hound Cuirass? Personally D-Parts 1.01 are basically permanently melded to my RAcaseal because I'm trying to milk as much ATP out of the game as possible, but she can potentially have like... 1253 DFP with Red Ring and BHC. I lose around 200 DFP using D-Parts instead, but with RR and her naturally good HP and DFP, I can easily live with it.

HUcast is comically OP in the right hands and is basically the TA class, but I disagree with the point about rangers. I lived through PSZero where rangers are basically just worse hunters and don't want to live through it again. They also got rid of Shifta and Deband for RAmar/RAmarl, which really beat them with the shit end of the nerf stick. Wait what was that expression again?

Tactical reasons? Alakaboom? Pshh.

I do use that combination, exactly. I'm going to be literally hitting 124x DFP once its maxed with the current setup exactly as it is now.

Back