Rule Update for 26th May, 2023 (5/26 利用規約更新のお知らせ)

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Hi,

We've made an update to rule 4 of the server and forums terms and rules.

In short, there are no exceptions where using a macro, bot, or script to play the game will be allowed. Most importantly, this means that using an automated mag feeder is not allowed any longer, and if you are found to be using one, action will be taken against your account.

To be more specific, any sort of third party tool that allows you to execute more than one input over time when pressing only one button yourself is not allowed. This does not mean tools such as Xpadder, Joy2Key, or AntiMicroX are banned, providing they're being used to only remap one input to another.

We hope you understand, and thank you for playing on Ephinea.

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
こんにちは。
サーバおよびフォーラムの利用規約について、ルール4に変更が入りました。

要点を話すと、マクロ・ボット・スクリプトをゲーム内で使用することは例外なく禁止になりました。
一番重要な例として、自動でマグに餌やりをする類のツールも今後は使用不可となります。
もしこれらのツールの利用が確認された場合、あなたのアカウントに対して措置が取られることになります。

より具体的には、単一の操作だけで複数の入力を自動で実行するようなサードパーティツールはすべて禁止となります。
ただしSpadder, Joy2Key, AntiMicroXのようなツールを無条件で禁止するわけではなく、特定のボタンを単純に別のボタンとして割り当てるような使い方であれば、問題ありません。

追記:いくつか質問があったケースについて例を記載します。
・マグの餌やり自動化 → NG
・レバガチャの割り当てによる氷抜け → NG
・コントローラのターボ機能などを利用したボタン連打自動化 → OK

ご理解のほどよろしくお願いいたします。

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

We've made an update to rule 4 of the server and forums terms and rules.

In short, there are no exceptions where using a macro, bot, or script to play the game will be allowed. Most importantly, this means that using an automated mag feeder is not allowed any longer, and if you are found to be using one, action will be taken against your account.

To be more specific, any sort of third party tool that allows you to execute more than one input over time when pressing only one button yourself is not allowed.

We hope you understand, and thank you for playing on Ephinea.
Mew will inform loved ones in self imposed Exile~! <3!

This is good, but I have one question.
I use Antimicro which allows for spamming a spell over and over as long as I'm holding down the button, but stops when I release it. Is this function no longer allowed either?

I have just a few questions for the sake of clarity, and apologies if it is implied elsewhere:

Are controllers that has a turbo functtion are still allowed to be used?

Is there some sort of detection for these new rules in place?

any sort of third party tool that allows you to execute more than one input over time when pressing only one button yourself is not allowed
+1 for clarity just in case. I use Joy2Key to translate different controller inputs into number keys (1:1, or 2:1 user input:game input). However, Joy2Key does allow you to do more.

I assume the rule is just that you aren't allowed to have 1:many, not that you can't use software that allows for more? I don't want to get in trouble in case you are somehow checking for 3rd party input.
:D

Also should make a note on using a macro to escape freeze. I believe I've heard tell of some people using that, which I assume is also banned with this change.

I'm surprised that macros to escape freeze, skip through cutscene dialogue faster than any human ever could, or any other macros that basically caused more than one action per button press- were previously allowed AT ALL. I would have ALWAYS considered those things cheating, and I guess I never realized these practices were so widespread. I fully agree with this rule. It sorta ticks me off that I was doing things the right way this entire time while others may have profited by cutting corners.

Last edited:
+1 for clarity just in case. I use Joy2Key to translate different controller inputs into number keys (1:1, or 2:1 user input:game input). However, Joy2Key does allow you to do more.

I assume the rule is just that you aren't allowed to have 1:many, not that you can't use software that allows for more? I don't want to get in trouble in case you are somehow checking for 3rd party input.
:D

Also should make a note on using a macro to escape freeze. I believe I've heard tell of some people using that, which I assume is also banned with this change.
If this rule eliminates the simple use of turbo function on Joy2Key or Antimicro then that kinda ruins how I'm used to playing. It's not as if it's activating a string of different functions, it's just to save your fingers some abuse of mashing buttons constantly against mobs.

I'm surprised that macros to escape freeze, skip through cutscene dialogue faster than any human ever could, or any other macros that basically caused more than one action per button press, were previously allowed AT ALL. I would have ALWAYS considered those things cheating, and I guess I never realized these practices were so widespread. I fully agree with this rule. It sorta ticks me off that I was doing things the right way this entire time while others may have profited by cutting corners.
Read what I just posted here, it can better explain why specifically what I do isn't technically cheating.

• Sad
Reactions: Ade
Read what I just posted here, it can better explain why specifically what I do isn't technically cheating.

I understand the why, and I'm sorry for anyone who is dealing with finger / hand pain, but I still always assumed that one button press = one action. Sure, set up your control scheme however you want. I'm all for that. But there's a difference between that and "having the function play the game for you."

I'm not gonna stop being friends with anyone over that or say anything bad about their mothers, but I always felt like it was wrong.

I understand the why, and I'm sorry for anyone who is dealing with finger / hand pain, but I still always assumed that one button press = one action. Sure, set up your control scheme however you want. I'm all for that. But there's a difference between that and "having the function play the game for you."

I'm not gonna stop being friends with anyone over that or say anything bad about their mothers, but I always felt like it was wrong.
Well, I'll just wait until I get a clear answer on the issue of identical action turbo spamming. In the mean time, I just won't play cause I don't wanna adjust all my buttons to remove it and then find out it's actually the one exception to the rule.

Well, I'll just wait until I get a clear answer on the issue of identical action turbo spamming. In the mean time, I just won't play cause I don't wanna adjust all my buttons to remove it and then find out it's actually the one exception to the rule.
I think playing earnestly and trying n good faith is fine in the meantime. You did ask, after all.

Oh and one more thing I just thought of, if most of the scores on the leaderboards for most meseta spent at Coren were obtained through turbo+auto on the Enter key, then shouldn't those scores be reset? (In the case that this is deemed to now be an illegal action, of course)

Oh and one more thing I just thought of, if most of the scores on the leaderboards for most meseta spent at Coren were obtained through turbo+auto on the Enter key, then shouldn't those scores be reset? (In the case that this is deemed to now be an illegal action, of course)
No, it was nearly all 100k's. I needed like 3 V101s because I kept letting my hardcore hunters die.

I think the thing that people are misreading the addon rule is this "Using a macro, bot, or script to play the game unattended will also earn you a permanent ban."

So I have a question about the latest news post, because I currently use antimicro to allow me to perform a couple of keyboard tasks without touching the keyboard - namely, I have a button combo that types /bank, and another for /lobby. I also have various dpad+analogue stick combinations so that I can use my 1-0 palette without touching my keyboard.
The wording in the news post means that I am executing more than one input over time when I use the /bank or /lobby functions.
Is this the way the rule change is meant to be interpreted, or is this not accurate?

So I have a question about the latest news post, because I currently use antimicro to allow me to perform a couple of keyboard tasks without touching the keyboard - namely, I have a button combo that types /bank, and another for /lobby. I also have various dpad+analogue stick combinations so that I can use my 1-0 palette without touching my keyboard.
The wording in the news post means that I am executing more than one input over time when I use the /bank or /lobby functions.
Is this the way the rule change is meant to be interpreted, or is this not accurate?
So technically yes, this wouldn't be allowed, because here you're holding some buttons and it's doing many things for you without you having to do them.

That's a very literal interpretation of the rule, however what you're doing can also be achieved using in-game chat shortcuts so I'm very surprised you set them up that way. Just set /bank and /lobby to Shift+F1, Shift+F2 etc and just bind that.

If this rule eliminates the simple use of turbo function on Joy2Key or Antimicro then that kinda ruins how I'm used to playing. It's not as if it's activating a string of different functions, it's just to save your fingers some abuse of mashing buttons constantly against mobs.
This 100%. I don't really use a lot of weird two-for-one buttons really, but the ones I do use are entirely based on saving my fingers some cramps. Moreover, weapon switching completely botched my R1 and I needed a solution. It was only after that I realized how drastic the ergonomic advantage was (at the cost of it sometimes not registering well enough and me just using an emote for no reason).

If this rule eliminates that, I'd probably won't play until I get a new controller, which at that point I might aswell just sell my gear and go full sandbox =..)

This has always been a confusing grey area where clarification was never specified properly. I am glad there are rules set in stone to make this clear now.

I assume using Turbo on my gamepad is still allowed?

Last edited:
@Spuz there's a very good reason why I didn't map buttons to the chat shortcuts that I can't believe you overlooked.

I forgot they exist. XD

Unsure why you tagged me when Matt was the one who replied to you about that. But anyways, yeh it's a great shortcut feature to use for chat commands, I use those in-game ones for so many commands.

Back