Random DC's during quests

Hanamaru

Guildcard
Since coming back to Ephinea a few weeks ago, I've noticed that DC's happen a lot more often, and I'm not sure if it's something on my end or not. There have been several times i've been 20+ mins into a quest with people, and everyone will freeze, and i'll just be kicked back to the login menu. Internet stays connected on my pc, and I'm not dropping connection on any other devices.

Anyone else been encountering the same/similar? I feel awful whenever it happens, as it leaves a group down 1 player.

Crash or DC?

Are you using any custom textures or addons? If so try with a clean install

Check for "dllerror.log" in C:\EphineaPSO\log (or wherever you have it saved) and if something is there, feel free to share it.

Also there is Windows Event Viewer (Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application.) you can check there and if you see an Error event for psobb, share what the fault module path (psobb.exe, ephinea.dll. or whats at the end. full path isnt needed) and fault offset (a hex number that should look something like 0x00000000)

Crash or DC?

Are you using any custom textures or addons? If so try with a clean install

Check for "dllerror.log" in C:\EphineaPSO\log (or wherever you have it saved) and if something is there, feel free to share it.

Also there is Windows Event Viewer (Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application.) you can check there and if you see an Error event for psobb, share what the fault module path (psobb.exe, ephinea.dll. or whats at the end. full path isnt needed) and fault offset (a hex number that should look something like 0x00000000)
it's more of a DC. I'll be playing, and all of a sudden the other players will freeze in place. I'll be able to keep fighting enemies/moving for a few seconds, and then it just goes back to the PSO login screen. I had checked the errorlog when it happened, but there was nothing in there when I opened the file. I didn't think to check event viewer, but I just looked and didn't find anything either. Program didn't crash, just DC'd, so there wouldn't be a log I'm guessing.

I'm using Smokey's Vanilla+ addon, so all my textures should be original, but there are the loot table/boss health addon's running. I'll try running it in vanilla and see if it still occurs. I wouldn't call it frequent, but once every 6 hours worth of play time I'd say. I've had it happen on two separate internet connections as well, so not sure if it's just bad luck, or maybe my wifi chip is dying lol.

If the problem is simply a disconnection issue, it’ll most likely be due to either your modem/router/wifi chip or ISP. Unfortunately PSOBB is not as forgiving as modern games, even a slight blip in a connection can cause you to DC. If you can try a wired connection (though I know that is not an option for everyone).

Have you noticed this issue happening in rooms you are hosting as well as rooms you join?

This link and the link in it to a post my be of some help toward an idea to resolve this, or at least pin point the issue: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/gol-dragon-freezing-resolved.24593/#post-193044

Aside from that there is not much more help I can think to offer,
-Best of luck figuring it out and hope you enjoy your time here regardless of connection issue

Back