Random attack Xrd Eps 2, wrong/missing receiving teleporter

Nikki

meh...
Went from Temple, to seabed, to mountain. When me and pluto teleported from seabed, we warped into mid air. o_O So I'm guessing there's no teleporter there or the pointer to receive it is wrong? Either way this is quest breaking and needs fixing.

Oh also, I should add. There was 2 entire waves of enemies yesterday during the same quest in jungle, that had the no hurtbox glitch. We had to kill everything with techs.

http://imgur.com/7A9GYIR

@Namakemono

Last edited:
Nice, sometimes in some quest I don't recall, but EP2... you warp from lab to temple and you are on top of a bridge, but the bridge is not raised so you are "floating" there.... not as extreme as this one tho xD

Once Soda catches my PM, it'll be fixed. The warping issue was a simple oversight. The targeting bug however? I honestly tried my best to find the issue, but Room IDs are difficult to manage when you're not in a linear map layout such as Forest or any of the non-VR or non-Seabed areas. Perhaps if you're lucky, it was merely a fluke. I'm not truly sure how the issue is there, I even tried my best to replicate it, but I've been able to target all enemies at all times. If the issue happens again, just warp to town then back to jungle via Lab. That MIGHT fix the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alright! Uploaded the new version. Thanks for the report and thanks to Namakemono for the updated quest file.

Once Soda catches my PM, it'll be fixed. The warping issue was a simple oversight. The targeting bug however? I honestly tried my best to find the issue, but Room IDs are difficult to manage when you're not in a linear map layout such as Forest or any of the non-VR or non-Seabed areas. Perhaps if you're lucky, it was merely a fluke. I'm not truly sure how the issue is there, I even tried my best to replicate it, but I've been able to target all enemies at all times. If the issue happens again, just warp to town then back to jungle via Lab. That MIGHT fix the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The no hurtbox glitch is not something specific to your quests, however it's been especially prevalent on specific quests like rescue from ragol and Xrd eps II. The same bug happened on scht on occasion, but it was nowhere near as major a issue as it can be here. I'm not sure what causes it but I've run into it quite a lot on ephinea.

Doesn't make sense to compare servers because the server doesn't handle "hurtbox" detection. It's all in the quest script and handled by the client 100%. It's possible those quests need to maybe add extra event collisions to change what can be targeted, but who knows? I haven't looked at them.

Dunno lol. If it helps, I haven't seen it happen with most of the older quests like TTF, and the max attacks. So maybe it is the quest scripting. I'm sure it's not specific to my client either because when it happened in jungle in RAXrd, another player had the same targeting issues with all the same mobs in the same wave.

Like I said, server handles nothing related to that. The server is just a glorified proxy that sends your messages off to other players, as well as presents you quests to download, plus gives out items, really. lol.

But yeah, the quest script may need some looking into further to see why there's target bugs. I remember in some quests that had big rooms, you had to put more collision circles down in the room to fix those types of problems. When you pass certain parts of rooms in PSO, some flags get set that say what room or area you just left and where you're entering. If the area set on your player doesn't match the area the monster is in, you can't hit it.

I don't mean area like "floor" either, I mean, just like that particular part of the map.

there's a consistent target bug in TE (I think? might be WoF) when you go to warp up to the pre-boss floor area thing, if you come back your targeting's stuck in the room you warped to :|

This happened to a group of us a few times now last few days. Was it patched yet? ;p

Also the no hurtbox glitch was there on jungle area too :/

(screenshot courtesy of ayanami)

upload_2017-1-5_5-41-25.png

I've finally fixed this issue, someone told me about it in the lobby the other day.

There's probably a bunch of other quest-related stuff that needs fixing but I have no idea what.

Back