RAmarl Gear

I'll just say - Play off your strengths.
When does the 85 hit Vjaya, and SJS come in to play???

Just kidding, thanks for this! Seems like you have a lot invested into your RAml. One day I hope to ascend to greatness too. Thanks for the advice!

My loadout kinda falls under the "on the path to greatness" thing mentioned above, with minor ass kicking. Highly functional and I can be an asset in any content, but still significant room for improvement because I'm poor:

Heaven Striker 0h
Cvulc 50h
Srank needle (no spec since I'm poor, but will become Demon's needle eventually)
55h Zerk arms
50h Demon Laser
50h Charge Gungir (for lizards)
20h M&A60 Vise
Cannon Rouge 0h
Snow Queen 0h (lol)
Hell Laser 50h

Guard Wave
-V101
-Heavenly/Arm (until I don't need it anymore)
-Heavenly/Power
-Centurion/Ability
-V501 (lol)
-Perfect/Resist (as needed)
-Cure/Shock (for hunting Torrs to get hit FS)

Ranger Wall

Sato 5/145/50/0

I have a Clio in the bank for when my MST is high enough to use it also.

Basically I think I've done everything I can below the "stupid expensive/hunt like crazy" paywall. Maybe I could stand to pick up a Spread Needle.

My loadout kinda falls under the "on the path to greatness" thing mentioned above, with minor ass kicking. Highly functional and I can be an asset in any content, but still significant room for improvement because I'm poor:

Heaven Striker 0h
Cvulc 50h
Srank needle (no spec since I'm poor, but will become Demon's needle eventually)
55h Zerk arms
50h Demon Laser
50h Charge Gungir (for lizards)
20h M&A60 Vise
Cannon Rouge 0h
Snow Queen 0h (lol)
Hell Laser 50h

Guard Wave
-V101
-Heavenly/Arm (until I don't need it anymore)
-Heavenly/Power
-Centurion/Ability
-V501 (lol)
-Perfect/Resist (as needed)
-Cure/Shock (for hunting Torrs to get hit FS)

Ranger Wall

Sato 5/145/50/0

I have a Clio in the bank for when my MST is high enough to use it also.

Basically I think I've done everything I can below the "stupid expensive/hunt like crazy" paywall. Maybe I could stand to pick up a Spread Needle.

I am right there with you, I don't have some of the units you do (cure shock, cent ability, perfect resist) or the Clio, but I do have a majority of the "odds and ends".

I find the purple ID I chose is not much useful for hunting rares that "sell". Usually my luck has came from other ids randomly. I want to start looking for a heaven punisher eventually, but I need clear speed to make that worthwhile, thus I need an ES needle with hell/demons to blow up ep 2. Then somehow get a OS with hit% for my MM that I dream of obtaining.

Baby steps... This is my first character, and I have been playing maybe 3 weeks now. I tend to over think the end-game a bit, but I also just needed a validated way to improve.

Baby steps... This is my first character, and I have been playing maybe 3 weeks now. I tend to over think the end-game a bit, but I also just needed a validated way to improve.
Just remember to stop at certain points and ask yourself "am I spending more time having fun, or worrying?" I've seen discussions about how a FO's job is pure support, and a bunch of gripe about FO's who stray outside of the s/d/j/z routine, but what the hell is the point of playing a game where you have to play the way others want you to? That basically makes you an NPC. Figure out how you like playing as a Ramarl, and then look for gear that support the play style. End game gear is for the end game, worry about that later.

Just have fun, the gear will come in time.

If you see my Raml Lisa in game, give me a shout and I'll run some content with you!

Looks like Melirei and Ayria have already written everything I ever could, and more

Maybe try out both hell needle & shot in sandbox, and decide which one you like the most.
I definitely recommend S-beats Blade (cheap) & Hell Scythe (expensive) over trying to buy a native Excalibur
V502 is something you should aim to hunt early, as you'll be using hell a lot as RAmarl.

I'd recommend either hell shot/needle or Demons needle as your first S-rank

Thanks so much for the replies.
That basically makes you an NPC.
Ultimately playing against the grain gets you marked as someone who ruins games. I just don't want to give off that vibe.
Just have fun, the gear will come in time.

If you see my Raml Lisa in game, give me a shout and I'll run some content with you!
Definitely! My login times are pretty sporadic as of late.

Maybe try out both hell needle & shot in sandbox, and decide which one you like the most.
I definitely recommend S-beats Blade (cheap) & Hell Scythe (expensive) over trying to buy a native Excalibur
V502 is something you should aim to hunt early, as you'll be using hell a lot as RAmarl.
I feel like the v502/hell combo is a nice investment, but is v502 worth it if you don't have a hell needle? Or are you saying to use sbeats until I get the needle, w/ 502?

I find the purple ID I chose is not much useful for hunting rares that "sell".

This is mostly true, but hunting MA4X or MAE on purple is still a really good way to build up pds. It's really splashy to find a sjs or a heaven punisher or whatever, but you're generally better served in the long run hunting for units/steady pd items.

You can hunt v801(10) h/arms(6-8), h/battle(2),h/mind(1-2),glide(1),PCs(1.5), yask 9000(1+), ophelie(1++) and heaven striker(4-6+++) on kond all in the same run. And you get tickets, which really, really add up over time.

This is mostly true, but hunting MA4X or MAE on purple is still a really good way to build up pds. It's really splashy to find a sjs or a heaven punisher or whatever, but you're generally better served in the long run hunting for units/steady pd items.

You can hunt v801(10) h/arms(6-8), h/battle(2),h/mind(1-2),glide(1),PCs(1.5), yask 9000(1+), ophelie(1++) and heaven striker(4-6+++) on kond all in the same run. And you get tickets, which really, really add up over time.
I never find open ep4 runs, and I cant solo at my ability level reliably. Maybe I should just make some and see what happens.

Thanks for this info!

I feel like the v502/hell combo is a nice investment, but is v502 worth it if you don't have a hell needle? Or are you saying to use sbeats until I get the needle, w/ 502?
Yea it's worth it, especially at low level when you have no atp. You can use Hell Raygun instead of needle/shot for now

Back