RAmarl Gear

Skyefallen

Hey there, wanted to spark up a conversation about Ranger gear, in specific, RAmarl.

I understand a lot of the basic needs of the RAmarl, but what are the staple items, the first picks, the juicy bits, etc. Basically I want to set some goals for myself, so I can stop spending PDs in places I don't need.

The following is my comprehension on the matter:

Basics:
Frozen Shooter/Ice Queen
Spread Needle
Charge/Beserk/Spirit Mech with higher hit%
Demon/Hell laser with high hit%(better with v50(1/2))
Charge/Beserk/Spirit Partisan with high hit%

v501
Heavenly Battle/v101
Cure Units for situations

Juicy bits:
S-Rank Needle (demon/hell)
Spread Needle w/ high hit%
Heaven Striker/punisher
Banarz launcher with hit%
Excalibur w/ Native & hit%

Adept
v502

As you can see there is a large gap in information that I have, any assistance would be awesome!

In particular, I don't know much about armors, or psobb weapons in general (was gamecube player 15 years ago...)

For general purpose use:

Get Demon's Needle, max out ATA, shoot monsters. You win!

For specific needs:

* Charge Gungnir with high hit, S-Beat's Blades with decent hit, and Excalibur are great Lizard-busters. Excal can also work for De Rol Le when he's on the boat, but a Baranz Launcher can be almost as effective, but much, much easier to obtain.
* Baranz Launcher with 20-30 hit is great for doing damage before you can get a Demon's Needle or if you are fighting a boss that has multiple points to hit at once. Same with a high hit Charge Arms.
* A Hell Handgun/Laser with high hit and/or Hell Needle rocks for Episode 2.
* Pack a Launcher for swimming De Rol Le and flying Dragon/Gal Gryphon. A Cannon Rouge is great, but it's a very situational weapon in the best of times, so a Gi Gue Bazooka will work.
* Demon's Mechgun murders high-HP enemies, like Dorphon and Sinow Zele. I can easily make Epsilon, an enemy with insane DEF, a joke with one.
* Charge Vulcans with high hit are great for some bosses, like Dark Falz.
* Everybody loves a Frozen Shooter, especially if there aren't any casts on the team.
* A high hit Arrest Laser is nice for Episode 4.
* A high hit Demon's Laser or Bringer's Rifle can be handy for eliminating certain enemies, like the Mericarol, at a safe distance.

For armor:

* Lieutenant Mantle is great. A good combo of stats and a practical ability that can come in handy.

* Always use a Ranger Wall unless you can get a Red Ring.

For units:

* V101 is always a must-have. Heavenly/Battle or God/Battle also work.

* Adept gives you nice stat boosts, but isn't necessary unless you're hitting max stats for everything.

* V502 can make Episode 2 a cakewalk, but V501 is no slouch either.

* A cure unit is a nice little space-filler and can help out. I use Cure/Shock since Shock can only be cured with Sols. The others can be cured with either Anti, Antiparalysis, or Sol.

A powerful RAmarl will need quite a bit of PD investment to work, but when you do, she's awesome, has a lot of power, and can help the team in any situation.

Last edited:
Yeah to build on what Ghosts said.
Sranks you are missing would be Arrest Needle, Hell Shot, Berserk/Spirit Launcher, Hell Launcher (niche), Hell Scythe (ep4), Berserk/Spirit Needle.
Don't use adept.
Get clio.
Hell/demons rifle series.
Sweetheart Armour.
This is endgame ramarl.

Yeah to build on what Ghosts said.
Sranks you are missing would be Arrest Needle, Hell Shot, Berserk/Spirit Launcher, Hell Launcher (niche), Hell Scythe (ep4), Berserk/Spirit Needle.
Don't use adept.
Get clio.
Hell/demons rifle series.
Sweetheart Armour.
This is endgame ramarl.
What is so special about clio? I have seen it, but don't quite understand it.

Okay, why did venom mention not to use adept then? Eventually its for stat maxing I thought?

Also, which priorities are in place with all this equipment?

Okay, why did venom mention not to use adept then? Eventually its for stat maxing I thought?

Also, which priorities are in place with all this equipment?

First off, get a Baranz Launcher or high hit Charge Arms so you can shine for crowd control. Get a Charge Vulcan for single targets, and you should be set.

For PDs, your costs are:

"On the path to greatness"

Charge Vulcan with high hit (1 PD or free)
Charge Arms with high hit (1 PD) or Parts of Baranz (2 PD)
Charge Gungnir with high hit or S-Beat's Arms (1 PD for one of them)
Gi Gue's Body or Cannon Rouge (2 PD)
High hit Demon's Laser (1-2 PDs) or Bringer's Right Arm (2 PDs)
High hit Hell Laser (1-2 PDs)
All 0 Frozen Shooter (1 PD)

"Ass kickin' time"

Charge Vulcan with high hit (1 PD or free)
Charge Arms with high hit (1 PD) or Parts of Baranz (2 PD)
Demon's Needle (50 PDs or 67ish PDs, depending on if you buy an S-Rank Needle or not) and/or Berserk/Spirit Needle (50 PDs or 67ish PDs, depending on if you buy an S-Rank Needle or not)
Demon's Mechgun (50 PDs or 67ish Pds, depending on if you buy an S-Rank Mechgun or not)
Lame to unseal to Excalibur (6-7 PD for all 0s)
Clio (1-2 PD)
Gi Gue's Body or Cannon Rouge (2 PD)
High hit Demon's Laser (1-2 PDs) or Bringer's Right Arm (2 PDs)
High hit Hell Laser (1-2 PDs)
All 0 Frozen Shooter (1 PD)

Last edited:
Demon's Needle (50 PDs or 67ish PDs, depending on if you buy an S-Rank Needle or not) and/or Berserk/Spirit Needle (50 PDs or 67ish PDs, depending on if you buy an S-Rank Needle or not)
Demon's Mechgun (50 PDs or 67ish Pds, depending on if you buy an S-Rank Mechgun or not)
That 100+ pd wall... I guess this is where I am then. Time to start grinding for rares that sell I guess. :)

Thanks a lot for all your lengthy write-ups.

That 100+ pd wall... I guess this is where I am then. Time to start grinding for rares that sell I guess. :)

Thanks a lot for all your lengthy write-ups.

S-Ranks are fucking awesome for RAmarl, but you'll do well with Baranz Launcher, Charge Arms, and Charge Vulcans until you get them.

Starts on the cheap (free or just a couple of pd):
Ranger Wall (should be on til u get rr but there might be 1 or 2 times u might take it off)...Don't spend pd on this!
Spread Needle base
Tyrell's Parasol base (resta, shifta, deband booster).
Vivienne base
Frozen Shooter base
Slicer of Fanatic base
50 hit charge arms
50 hit charge vulcans
50 hit arrest rifle
50 hit demon rifle
50 hit hell rifle
Cannon Rouge base
Cure/Paralysis
Cure/Shock
Cure/Freeze
Heavenly/God Pow
Heavenly/God Mind
Heavenly/God Battle
v501
Lieutenant Mantle
Brightness Circle

Mid range investment (5-10 pd):
God's Shield "Kouryu" (40 fire, ice, and shock resist, you won't have better resists on a shield, fire alone is useful for epsilon)
Lame D'Argent base
Heaven Striker base
Daylight Scar base
Last Swan
Clio (unless people start to hunt it lol but the only places you can get it atm are from rare pink dorphan and 100,000 meseta gambles so don't expect someone like me to just give it away for 1-2 pd atm if u want it lol)
Heavenly Arms
v801

A bit more than mid range (10-30 or so):
Duel Birds
Excalibur base
Anti-Dark Ring (can be a prize but if u pay it might cost u)
V101
Adept (not usually needed but if H/arms has u more than covered and those 5 ata aren't needed than why not?)
v502
Xmas TypeME/Vulcans
Rainbow Baton RL base...because I like it

Starts to get real expensive (50-100pd):
Arrest J-cutter (J-cutter is in case u want to invest in characters that aren't rangers, but yeah if u don't care about how 8 others play go with needles 1st)
Hell J-cutter
Demon's J-cutter (yeah sof is pretty much got this for 1 pd but who knows if u get rich enough you might as well)
Demon's Mechguns
Arrest Needle
Hell NeedleDemon's Needle
Berserk Needle
Berserk Launcher
Hell Launcher
Hell Scythe
Snow Queen (30+ hit wanted or you just wasted 50 pd)
S-beat Arms, to be fair u won't need to invest much in this but if u want 50 hit be prepared to dip your wallet in it
Baranz Launcher if you have luck like me. Stupid game has already eaten 10 pcs for me and I only have 20%.
Bringer's Rifle, unless u have no desire to roll a force

100 or more PD if going by base game (event has made it cheaper at least):
Sweetheart

Really up there in PD cost:
Heaven Punisher
Mille Marteaux, auto aim special like heaven striker lets u fire a auto aim mech gun at well beyond normal mech gun ranges (shot range). Oh and Divine Punishment as well. DP is quite useful on ep4 worm bosses for one huge plus.
Guld Milla. 120 mech gun range naturally. Special is useful on Falz if anything. Plenty of range to sns and get 720 health out of falz per combo when he be avoiding physical damage

Last edited:
S-Ranks are fucking awesome for RAmarl, but you'll do well with Baranz Launcher, Charge Arms, and Charge Vulcans until you get them.
I have the baranz and vulcans, I just feel like they don't hit enough even with 50% hitrate on bosses. Maybe my ata is still low. I have a heaven striker that I have been using, but basically I kill myself with it cause I'm reliant on that damage output to feel useful. I also feel like I drag down higher lv parties with my slow clear speed, which makes me nervous to join groups. So, trying to get better I suppose. Thanks a lot for the knowledge.

Xmas TypeME/Vulcans are 40% hit vulcans with the charge special added to them (when they normally have no hit or special) giving them 70-70 base damage and 60 ata after grind. Your basic 50 hit charge vulcans have 23-38 atp and 62 ata.
So pretty much they will always do a bit more damage than a basic 50 hit charge vulcan at pretty much the same ata. However they also have a slightly better horizontal aim angle making it so you can target foes a bit easier as well. In truth if you manage to get your hands on something like 60 hit charge vulcans they are better by far but these guns are better than a 50 hit charge vulcan at least even with 2 less ata.

Rainbow baton with restless lion stats on a target using a hhh combo does about the same damage as a charge diska combo using a sns combo for pretty much every character. Granted one will cost u a pd or so, and the other will cost you 30+ pd or so.
On a Ramarl rainbow baton really isn't needed tbh when she can use needles and shots anyway. In truth rainbow baton is a bit more useful for the other 3 cause (more for the casts who get confuse buffs as well) because they don't have 20 s/d naturally and due to rb using hard damage it builds pb faster than dob and a diska.
I just put it on there as more of a general ranger option thing but if you want a long range mini confuse trap for your Ramarl it has that use cause rb does have more range than every slicer but sof as well. Confuse might break freeze but it works on every normal foe but the ep2 CCA mini bosses, lasts longer than freeze or arrest and can be reapplied. Which if you solo a lot confuse does IMO give you more breathing room than arrest does.
Granted sof is better than a charge diska, dob, and rb and only costs 1 anyway so yeah. If you could only pick one slicer, get sof.

I have the baranz and vulcans, I just feel like they don't hit enough even with 50% hitrate on bosses. Maybe my ata is still low. I have a heaven striker that I have been using, but basically I kill myself with it cause I'm reliant on that damage output to feel useful. I also feel like I drag down higher lv parties with my slow clear speed, which makes me nervous to join groups. So, trying to get better I suppose. Thanks a lot for the knowledge.
I started favoring canon rouge over the baranz launcher, since the hard attack seemed to have a higher hit ratio than the special attack on baranz. The one shot speed was lame, until I found a devil battle and it became much more tolerable. Plus the red really pairs well with my ramarl. Oh, and canon rouge can hit Vol Opt thru the wall just like razonde, and if there is a FO (or 2 or 3) in the group, since there is no damage cancel you can just shred him to pieces.
And ranger wall is key, gives you +20 ATA (might be 15, pretty sure it's 20). My mag has 80 DEX too, using that instead of a 5/149/46/0 sato (yeah, I do 46 dex instead of 45 because I don't trust that bonus .5 ata to not be rounded off).

I love Ramarl's versatility, with a bunch of FOs I go for DPS with the rouge or my yasmin9k (because they look badass), and with a bunch of casts I am a support mage AND go balls out with a frozen shooter.

One thing I can't see listed (I did only browse though) is RA Wall at lvl 41+ which is the earliest good item every Ranger should get. Gives +20 ata over Base same as RR and at lvl 41. Easily obtainable and free. (spam gallons for 301-310 pts then it shows as reward to buy '?????')

I won't say much since I'm lazy to read and it's pretty much covered but...lots of Sranks is a good goal to aim for, pricy but so worth it: Arrest/Hell/Demon's Needles and/or Shots, Demon's Mechguns, Hell Scythe, Beserk Launcher, Beserk Needle.

Spread Needles, even with hit, is generally inferior to ES (a.k.a. S-Rank) Needle with Arrest on RAmarl.

Also, if you're finding Charge Vulcans and Charge Arms to be ineffective, you'll need to get even higher ATP/ATA, preferably max them. I would personally use a mat plan with power mats instead of mind mats (since they're interchangeable with mag levels) and use a power mag for low levels. That way I can max ATP/ATA at around level 120~130. Eventually a mind mag is used at high levels.

For the case of Baranz Launcher, since its bullets are slower, some enemies can manual evade it.

These are what I consider staple and carry with me everywhere:

Staple
Charge Vulcan 50h
Charge Arms 50h
Frozen Shooter 10h
Heaven Striker

CV can be replaced by berserk/spirit counterparts or Vise or TypeME/Mechgun with charge (event item) if the situation allows it and if you prefer them.

10h on FS is sufficient for RAmarl to perfectly freeze Ill Gill on the second attack; you'll generally tek it right and get 15h+ of course. If you plan to share it with another character, you might want more hit.

Heaven Striker can have hit (very expensive) or be hitless. For hitless ones I like having high %s in Native, Machine, and Dark. Hitless ones can actually be glitched like slicers can, and if you get used to it, it can go a long way. Hit ones just allows you to attack up close or be lazy (which is good in its own right).

The following are what I have in my sideboard and take them out for certain areas (still minimalistic).

Sideboard
ES Shot with Hell special
ES Needle with Hell special
ES Needle with Demon's special
ES Mechgun with Demon's special
Arrest/Hell/Demon's Raygun 50h
Arrest/Hell/Demon's Laser 50h

As you can see, they're ES Weapons (a.k.a. S-Rank Weapons) and nonrare weapons. For a minimalist RAmarl, once you have the staple items, the biggest improvement are now the S-Ranks, especially Hell multi-target S-Ranks. In case you feel S-Ranks are too expensive, then prioritize getting the important ones. While Hell ES Shot is slower than Hell ES Needle, the range allows you to cover a much larger area without having to move around a lot. I tend to use these more when playing with a group, and Hell ES Needle more when soloing.

While Demon's is a strong special, Demon's ES weapons are less efficient than Charge nonrare weapons on weak targets, E1 grunts and the likes, since Demon's activation is probabilistic and highly varied. They are however very effective on high HP targets. Since RAmarl has the lowest ATP out of all Hunters and Rangers, there are certainly some scenarios where Demon's is more effective, for example, when RAmarl couldn't kill a target in two charge vulcan combos. In this case, Demon's ES Mechgun will perform better. Similarly, there are cutting points for Demon's Needle/Shot and Charge Arms, but with so many targets the results are very highly varied, which makes them less reliable as is, and it would be required to use HS or similar weapons to clean up afterward. Shot was not listed because from my personal experience with Demon's ES Needle, I felt I needed multiple combos for it to be reliable. (Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't actually used a Demon's ES Shot before.) It is for sure useful against multiple high HP targets, for example certain waves in Raid on Central Tower consists entirely of mini-bosses.

About nonrare weapons, I actually prefer Rayguns over Lasers in many cases since they're faster, and has a shorter glitching distance as far as I can tell. Lasers are mostly important for attacking at rifle range, for when you need to snipe dangerous targets (Meris), or when targets spawned far away. Some people would suggest Bringer's Rifle or Holy Ray, but they aren't much of an improvement since it's the special that's important, and those two are rather expensive. I find their nonrare counterparts to be fairly sufficient.

Note that Arrest Raygun/Laser is only used on Dorphon/Girtablulu.

Now, some of the more situational items.

Situational
Cannon Rouge
Excalibur/Tyrell's Parasol/ES Scythe with Hell special
Vivienne/Girasole
ES Needle with Arrest special

It's hard to make a cutting point as Hell/Demon's can still be considered situational, but the weapons listed here are generally more niche as they are less widely applicable.

Cannon Rouge is the cheapest boss killer around. By "boss killers", I'm referring to weapons that can do decent damage on bosses when they're not targetable by regular weapons, such as when they're flying or swimming. Berserk ES Launcher is another option, and these two weapons are better for different bosses, but I want to keep my list here minimal. Cannon Rouge is also one of the most important dubswitch killers, alongside Dark Meteor (very niche) and some other weapons.

Excalibur/Tyrell's Parasol/ES Scythe with Hell special are what RAmarl can use against a group of lizards. Excalibur is strong and fairly fast but only targets up to three lizards, and requires the lizards to be really close to each other. Tyrell's Parasol is her strongest damage-based partisan, and it would be more effective for slightly more scattered and larger group of lizards, but it requires decent hit to be useful. Excalibur and Tyrell's Parasol can also be used on other enemies, if the enemy grouped up nicely. ES Scythe with Hell can sometimes work wonders and clear off a whole wave of lizards at once, but it's less effective against desert lizards.

S-Beat's Blade is probably worth mentioning while we're on the topic of lizards. I don't have personal experience with it, but with Hell and hit, it can potentially kill multiple lizards in one combo. It is probably less effective against desert lizards though, just like ES Scythe.

Against single lizards, you might be able to kill in one combo with a sphered Excalibur (I'm not sure), but if not, then Vivienne or Girasole can be used to take down lone lizards. For most other enemies, Charge Vulcan/Demon's ES Mechgun will generally be enough as a RAmarl, especially if the target is frozen first. Girasole also has a niche use of intentionally reducing your HP, which can be used to proc for mag invincibility by taking certain fixed-damage hits.

ES Needle with Arrest serves one main goal: to arrest a group of Dorphons. On android classes, they can get away with hit Spread Needles since they have an innate boost to paralysis specials, but on RAmar/RAmarl the success rate of Spread Needle is too low, hence they should only use Arrest ES Needle. This weapon is also good for soloing as it's decent for crowd control. That's about it however, and apart from dorphon spam quests it doesn't get a lot of use in a party.

For frames, it does not matter too much. The only offensive-oriented frames she get are Sweetheart and Stealth Suit. You can also use defensive armors, such as Brightness Circle (my preference when it comes to defensive armor since it has comparatively high EDK). Lieutenant Mantle is good, but you might not want to use it if there's a cast around as you might blow their traps up at the wrong time.

For barriers, as mentioned already: Ranger Wall, then Red Ring. You can also get an Anti-Dark Ring in your sideboard.

For units, I personally just use V101/V502 and keep the other two slots empty usually. Occasionally I would use Cure units in those slots. PB/Increase might be a good option too, when doing long quests and you find you're generating PB too slowly.

That's it for now, you'll gradually learn about other fancy/niche weapons as you play and read what other people say. However, I think I could comment on Baranz Launcher and Snow Queen a bit more. Baranz Launchers are partial replacements for Charge Arms, with less targets (4 vs 5) and higher ATP. Its bullets are slow, which makes it less effective against fast moving enemies. Due to this reason, it's mostly used on slow-moving or frozen enemies. The main use for this weapon is to have it sphered, at which point it will kill certain enemies faster than what's possible with Charge Arms, sometimes killing a group of enemies with one combo. A sphered Baranz Launcher is a very late game item.

Snow Queen is not a replacement for Frozen Shooter, since it cannot freeze high EVP targets reliably. It is good for freezing targets that are behind other enemies, or just general crowd control in a party. It's more effective in a party than solo, due to monster desync. However, it is usually not possible to freeze targets in later areas reliably with Snow Queen due to insufficient ATA, which makes it less concise than Freeze Traps.

Last edited:
One thing I forgot to bring up was Daylight Scar and Vivienne.

Daylight Scar is one of those things that is undervalued a lot anyway even though Ramarl can combo kill stuff like Goran Detonators with em using hss if you get 2 crits (one of them has to be a special crit though) and have shifta 30 on and zalure 30 is on the goran detonator.

This is without dark on them I should add. And Ramarl doesn't really need hit with hers.

Some good advice in here, but be wary since not all of these people play RA or know what they're talking about. (E.g. Ignore Rune.)

I'll just say - Play off your strengths.

Your ATP is garbage, so play Demons, Hell and support where possible. Baranz, Excalibur and Charge/Zerk/Spirit in general are kinda unless for all but weak grunts.

Here's a shot of my marl loadout for MA4:2a/b.

pso131524895990968455-jpg.5106

Single target Dmech and Sphered HS as she just doesn't hit hard enough for much else to be worthwhile. Sphered baranz can work (90%), but I find it easier to just use S-RANKs with her instead.

S-Beats (Subdes) and Hell Scythe (crater) are good EP4 choices since N hit excals are ugly and overvalued. Instead get a cheap one with ab/m for worm bosses and vol opt gizonde lock.

If you really want to go down the physical damage route, you'll have more fun with a RAmar/RAct as RAml/RAcl mostly feel underwhelming in comparison. Spheres and sets close that gap, but can be a considerable investment.

N.B.

Sweetheart/Black ring will let you actually reach close to cast levels of ATP, but will require your team to work with you. Can get good results on bosses where you'll be stacked anyway but will be way more effort than it's worth in random groups.

Last edited:
Some good advice in here, but be wary since not all of these people play RA or know what they're talking about. (E.g. Ignore Rune.)

Yeah your advice is all clearly perfect stuff man.
Yes, you with the 1000s worth of pd items please tell this person with chances are very limited funds at this time to save up 50-60 pds on a hell scythe to use in a really easy area in general (only real requirement for travel in this area is 721 hp most of the time and only if you are hit) that isn't really used anywhere else when compared to the other hell items (rifles, handguns, j-cutter, needles) to strike down foes that only have 3100 hp or so when to even make that investment work you need a 20+ pd item as well (granted at least that item is good).

A 10pd 0% excal's nh and then nhs combos to kill 3 of them with just level 20 shifta and 20 zalure on them (or attempt to hss them to do the same if there is at least 15 native on the excal). Said 10 pd excal is still quite good at murdering the worms and vol opt 1 btw even w/o ab/m on it at least unlike all the other areas you'll want to use that scythe in you can get more use out of excal in general at least.

But hey, anything to optimize your pso TA times or whatever right? I mean why not spend 100 or so hours grinding up the 50 fucking pds to save some seconds or so on a time attack man or whatever while saying you have optimized your time in general for that am I right?

So beyond that, really I'd like to know what is so wrong with my Ramarl advice that I gave?
-brought up ranger wall for the 1st part of my 1st post, warned them not to spend pd on it cause u can get it for free
-brought up boosting resta, shifta, and deband with tyrell's parasol for easy support considering how that is one thing they might be doing
-brought up sof as the best slicer option for her/most of the other classes just in general cause...it is
-gave a price range of pretty much everything. Besides being useful it also shows what they can get before a single s-rank anyway.

Back