Quick question - Quick answer

If I could only have 1 S-Rank on a HUnew, what one would you recommend? J-Cutter seems appealing, with either Arrest or Demons special. Leaning toward's Arrest, because I can get Demons from SoF.

If I could only have 1 S-Rank on a HUnew, what one would you recommend? J-Cutter seems appealing, with either Arrest or Demons special. Leaning toward's Arrest, because I can get Demons from SoF.

As you mentioned: J-cutter (or Slicer), not with demons because of SoF but with either Arrest or Hell. Hell is great for a lot of E2 and I would choose that personally.

As you mentioned: J-cutter (or Slicer), not with demons because of SoF but with either Arrest or Hell. Hell is great for a lot of E2 and I would choose that personally.
Thank you Spuz. Comparing J-Cutter and Slicer, seems like the advantage goes to J-Cutter for being easier to get and better ATP. Am I missing something about the ES Slicer?

Last edited:
Thank you Spuz. Comparing J-Cutter and Slicer, seems like the advantage goes to J-Cutter for being easier to get and better ATP. Am I missing something about the ES Slicer?

They are not different outside of your choice of aesthetic. Yes, it has 30 ATP more but that is irrelevant for the special uses. I would say Slicer is ''easier'' as E1 is easier than E2 cmode, it's just slower.

They are not different outside of your choice of aesthetic. Yes, it has 30 ATP more but that is irrelevant for the special uses. I would say Slicer is ''easier'' as E1 is easier than E2 cmode, it's just slower.
Great, thank you again Spuz for the input.

Where can one get 'Heart of Flamberge'?

It's one of the items that can use the Photon Filter of the event, but I don't seem to find info on it anywhere. Not even in the wikia, which has info on all other hearts.

Where can one get 'Heart of Flamberge'?

It's one of the items that can use the Photon Filter of the event, but I don't seem to find info on it anywhere. Not even in the wikia, which has info on all other hearts.
Not on the drop tables yet. It is accessable on sandbox if you want to test stuff.

I'm about to sphere my first weapon.
Does Paganini steal spheres like he does PDs? Or am I free to go to him with as many spheres as I need?

I'm about to sphere my first weapon.
Does Paganini steal spheres like he does PDs? Or am I free to go to him with as many spheres as I need?

I am pretty sure he does not but you can do one at a time to be safe if you are unsure, you can also try it in sandbox to test.

I've had a lot of questions lately so I'm just going to post every thing, no problem if these can't all be answered, it's a lot...thanks.

-how do you see stat values on armor? for example [25/75]. I see this when people are selling stuff.

-are there addons/mods for ephinea? I looked briefly and only saw a HUD

-I play with a controller and it's frustrating when I want to put down a trap or attack, for example, and I start picking up items, is there an easy solution for this?

-I see a lot of people selling non-rare/scavenger items with hit. Is there a specific way to farm these? I never seem to find them but I also mostly play ep. 1. I vaguely remember seeing that ep. 2 has a higher chance to drop higher % hit items?

-I just made a Fonewearl and decided Sato would be best for all invis triggers. Would this be a correct assumption and is it even that important? I sweat the small things sometimes :)

-gonna copy staxx question...I'm looking to buy an S-rank needle, my first one, would hell ES needle be best?

1. You can either get the item reader addon which displays this variance or you have to manually check (unequip everything and check its stats on your character compared to not on your character).

2. You mean you pick up items instead of attacking etc? You can change the position of the attacks and traps where you like on the attack palette and even on the 1-0 palette but the item pickup cannot change, same as PB's and donating/PW Glow effect etc.

3. Scavenger is no longer a thing, the only way to farm any similar weapons (50h) is to pipe and do shops.

4. Sato is not the best for invincible because of its negative synchro in one of the invincible. The best would be Tellusis for general play and Nidra/Agastya for Boss rushing. Sato is fine though if you want cat, it's not a bad mag at all unless your min-maxing.

5. Yes, probably if you play a lot of E2, or Demons for general play.

Last edited:
You cannot change the position of the attacks and traps where you like on the attack palette and even on the 1-0 palette
You *CAN change the position of these on the palettes. Spuz typo. The general layout people tend to end up at is normal attack on left, heavy middle, special right. You will tend to start combos with either normal or special. Obviously if you get some crazy gear this can change, but this will get you a thousand hours of gameplay. :)

You *CAN change the position of these on the palettes. Spuz typo. The general layout people tend to end up at is normal attack on left, heavy middle, special right. You will tend to start combos with either normal or special. Obviously if you get some crazy gear this can change, but this will get you a thousand hours of gameplay. :)
Its also possible that you can map normal hard or special attack to the hotbar and then use a program like Joy2key to make that button input toggle the hotbar instead of the action button. You can also use this to ensure that you never, ever do your photon blast accidentally.

For keyboard players you can do something similar using AutoHotKey

1. You can either get the item reader addon which displays this variance or you have to manually check (unequip everything and check its stats on your character compared to not on your character).

2. You mean you pick up items instead of attacking etc? You can change the position of the attacks and traps where you like on the attack palette and even on the 1-0 palette but the item pickup cannot change, same as PB's and donating/PW Glow effect etc.

3. Scavenger is no longer a thing, the only way to farm any similar weapons (50h) is to pipe and do shops.

4. Sato is not the best for invincible because of its negative synchro in one of the invincible. The best would be Tellusis for general play and Nidra/Agastya for Boss rushing. Sato is fine though if you want cat, it's not a bad mag at all unless your min-maxing.

5. Yes, probably if you play a lot of E2, or Demons for general play.

Thanks as always Spuz

As for the items, I'm not sure what other people's setups are, but I'm using a PS5 controller and when there are items on the ground that I'm on top of and I try to do a normal attack it will just pick up the item. Or if I hit R1, which I guess would be the equivalent of Ctrl, and hit the same button (frozen trap in this case) it picks up an item instead.

And yeah, sometimes when I want to use a trap I accidentally photon blast. Opps

Good to know about the mag... I think I know what you're talking about with the "-" and "+", like "Invincibility(-)", I just figured this out today on the Mags page of ephinea. I didn't quite understand what it meant though or if it was really impactful

Thanks as always Spuz

As for the items, I'm not sure what other people's setups are, but I'm using a PS5 controller and when there are items on the ground that I'm on top of and I try to do a normal attack it will just pick up the item. Or if I hit R1, which I guess would be the equivalent of Ctrl, and hit the same button (frozen trap in this case) it picks up an item instead.

And yeah, sometimes when I want to use a trap I accidentally photon blast. Opps

Good to know about the mag... I think I know what you're talking about with the "-" and "+", like "Invincibility(-)", I just figured this out today on the Mags page of ephinea. I didn't quite understand what it meant though or if it was really impactful

That's because normally the ''normal attack'' is set to that position, but you can move the attack in customize menu (just not the pick up location). What people often do is switch the Hard attack to the middle as Hard is the least used at the start of a combo (and left normal aka swapping them). Might just take a bit of muscle memory fuck ups to get used to it.

This is why I don't use traps on my back pallete but instead of 1-0 and then xpadder to assign them to my gamepad.

the + and - basically means that % is based on the mags synchro instead of its native 50% trigger. So, for example, Sato has - on 100PB, this means when your mag is at 120 synchro you will only be able to achieve 35% instead of 50% (and less if no/lower synchro). Nidra has a + on bosses, this means he will have 85% instead of 50% trigger rate when 120 synchro (and less if no/lower synchro).

1661662569257.png
Took me a minute to figure out but I got it, thanks again Spuz. This is exactly what I was wondering about that I saw other people using. Also good to know about the mag, now I know what to look for

Potentially kind of a dumb question, but I got a Lame d'Argent the other day with 15 Machine/15 Hit, and I wasn't really sure if that would be good enough to go ahead and try to unlock, or if it would be preferable to hold out for a potentially better roll. Despite being in the server ticker, it doesn't seem like it's all that rare a drop. So I just wasn't sure if people tend to stick with whatever Lame they get, or target something with a certain amount of Hit.

2 questions in one.

1 - About Heaven punisher : i tested it out this morning on my Ramarl Anna Zirski , it s very efficient to solo the hardest desert quests.

I really like the quick handgun animation, so i was wondering : will it loose in speed if i merge it into Mille Marteaux which are mechguns ?

2 - about modsecid : i heard that all characters created before the modsecID change can still perform a unique change of ID , even if they are above lv 20.

Is it still the case?

Last edited:
2 questions in one.

1 - About Heaven punisher : i tested it out this morning on my Ramarl Anna Zirski , it s very efficient to solo the hardest desert quests.

I really like the quick handgun animation, so i was wondering : will it loose in speed if i merge it into Mille Marteaux which are mechguns ?

2 - about modsec ID : i heard that all characters created before the modsecID change can still perform a unique change of ID , even if they are above lv 20.

Is it still the case?
Yeah, MM uses the slower mechgun animation for DP and it only fires 3 blasts instead of 9 as one might expect from a mechgun.

This is correct, every existing character before the change has one last secid change available.

Yeah, MM uses the slower mechgun animation for DP and it only fires 3 blasts instead of 9 as one might expect from a mechgun.

This is correct, every existing character before the change has one last secid change available.
So it might not be worth merging it... unless MM is such a hammer as a mechgun that it compensate the quick dp loss. what's your opinion?

that's cool for modsecid, i really consider changing my purplenum ramarl into a bluefull so i can hunt Nei's Claw much more easily than on my huney.

Last edited:
Back