Quick question on rare monster rates

Kaze666x

Guildcard
Hi! I am new here and I need to get an idea of how the default rare mob rates are here compared to vanilla rates. I remember vanilla rates could be fairly brutal at times but I have been hunting for blue bears in VH for hours and I have not found a single one. I have been hunting on forest of sorrow but I also would like to know if there are any better quests to hunt bears in episode 1 on this server. I used to use tyrell's savior on eden server but it doesn't appear to be on this server/already unlocked.

I believe it's 1 in 512 critters of a single type will be a rare one if it has a rare.

thanks! I cant remember what the vanilla rate was but I feel like it was 1/3xx, although I could be wrong. Man getting HP and PW is going to be tough here.

We have Tyrell's Ego here, I think it's just renamed from Tyrell's Savior.

oh sweet! that quest was way way better for farming bears iirc than forest of sorrow so I will have to check it out after this run!

Sadly it's multi-mode only. It'll be a little harder :0

Sadly it's multi-mode only. It'll be a little harder :0
Yeah but it's always been that way so nothing new there. With all the leveling I did in forest of sorrow I should be alright. I just need one god/arm so I can hit the mobs when I hit ultimate.

Rare rates are indeed 1/512, because that is what they were on Vanilla.

There are boosts every so often though, so the rate can increase.

Interesting. It has been quite a while since I gazed upon vanilla rates. I have just been so used to having a boosted rate that it felt off even for vanilla. I do remember having a hard time finding rare mobs in GC without piping, but that was so long ago so its fuzzy.

Man getting HP and PW is going to be tough here.

Delbiter and Gibbles is better than Mil Lily for p-wand.

We have a couple quests for both monsters (balanced tho, not broken) which brings the hunt to a similar tier as lilies.

Except it is 1000% less boring than lilies.

I've been hunting the wand on all 3 monsters with all 3 IDs (purple, blue, orange)

Back