Question about material plans, MAGs, and...expectations?

verona_claymore

i'm interested in this.
Guildcard
Getting right to the point, in general how important is it to follow material plans to the letter and have mags raised to the wiki's recommendations? I hadn't really been giving it much thought until recently (though inadvertently coming close on both ends), and I guess I'm starting to feel like my HUnl might be either inadequate or sort of dead weight and nobody has the heart to tell me so. Now that she's solidly in Ultimate (esp with the event going on), I want to make sure I'm not entering a party and somebody's going "oh great, THEM again."

So that said, are there certain unwritten expectations/milestones (or at the very least things to shoot for), or am I being unnecessarily hard on myself? Or does it entirely depend? Thanks in advance.

I would say it is pretty important when it comes to endgame otherwise you will be playing without the correct/important stats maxed for best gear/items.. If you plan to stick around for that I would 100% recommend checking out material plans and mags before you proceed any further (and waste materials you may have to /matreset,). The mags if trash stats can always be remade or bought cheap so that being broken isn't too much of an issue. Your FOmar and RAmar shouldn't be too difficult but the HUnewearl really lacks with materials and being unable to use clio till late levels even with good mat plans is sadface.

Also in terms of inadequacy, if your HUnewearl has level 15-20 SD/JZ and there is a party of casts/HUmars, they will always be glad to have you., Same for FO with 30's. You can use some demons on all classes (even the RAcast) at low levels and play decently, getting a cheap low hit or 0h SoF and then learning how to SNS will bring all your low-level classes into being somewhat useful.

People would much rather a RAcast using SoF at lvl 80 than a lvl 120+ RAcast using Spread Needle NNN on everything, big tips.

Last edited:
I'd like to mention that the mat and mag plans listed on the wiki aren't the ONLY options to max your stats. If you're more interested in DIY, you could figure out your own plan with the gear you want to use, and create a mag plan based on that + the mag you want.

Figuring out the stats and mats is relatively easy, and if you're not familiar with mag feeding, you can look at the charts on the wiki to determine how to raise the mag you want. I have always found it more rewarding to come up with my own thing, but if you're not interested in figuring all that out, then the plans on the wiki are good. Either way you go, it should always be something to consider as it will let you use and do certain things early on.

I think it's great that you're considerate and self aware enough to think not to be THAT guy lol. With that awareness alone, I'm confident you'll be fine!

Speaking from my experience as a HUnl that just hit ultimate in time for the event, equipment matters a ton. Trying to spread status without a decent Hit% weapon, no smartlink, and no V501/2 is practically a fool's errand and can make you feel helpless real quick. And without a good sacrificial weapon, you can quickly feel overwhelmed by the mobs. Stats can only help so much, and finding a way to get yourself decent equipment goes a long way at improving your game.

Back