Quest download directory | クエストダウンロード一覧

Matt said:
The Tinkerbell's Dog 2 is a solo quest featuring the 3 main sonic characters that awards the Sonic Knuckle if the correct prerequisites are met.
Did you remember to remove the Guild Card flag that the quest sets? The quest doesn't award the Sonic Knuckle; it gives you "Sonic's Glove", a flag that gets set on your Guild Card file so that Oswald will give you the weapon in Central Dome Fire Swirl (which doesn't work on the GC version of the quest). It also sets the same pflag as Forest of Sorrow when you beat it, which you need to remove for the BB version, since it'll actually set the flag on BB. It isn't possible for you to have a direct port of the GC version, as there never was one. The NPC names are even still orange on the GC ports I've seen. :p

Fragments of a Memory is my/Cranberry's title for the quest that Schthack Babelfished as "Fragment of Memories", or something like that. I am kind of gratified that people have started using our name for it. :) Lost HELL PALLASCH was also never officially brought over from JPBB, and it looks like you might have Schthack's Babelfished version of that quest, too. :lol:

If that's the case it would mean that the English version of FoaM that I have is also someone else's translation (probably the one from SCHTServ).

I haven't actually messed with TTD2 -- I got a bunch of GC quests and started going through them, and yes, the names are orange. I played the quest fine though, with no direct issues inside it, but I should probably edit stuff out that would mess with stuff, I suppose. Can I just like... remove flags or will that break a bunch of shit? I don't really have much knowledge about how these quests work, I just want to feel useful. :(

Interestingly opening the quest told me it wasn't compatible with the Dreamcast versions due to a bunch of V3 opcodes in it, but I don't actually know anything.

Wonder if it would be a good idea to make the quest give Sonic Knuckle directly. . . (I can probably figure it out).

Yeah, the old SCHTServ translation is outdated, as I improved both FoaM and LHP this year. Garon's Scheme was the last one we did, so I didn't make any changes to that one, as it was already in pretty good shape.

I made a version of Tinkerbell for GC that gives the weapon directly, so yes, you can do that. :p (The NPC names are also white! Ooh! Aah! :lol:.) You just need to make sure that it gives a 0% one every time, since you can get as many as you want (unless you want to "waste" a pflag on it for BB). CDFS will only let you get one weapon on Ver.2, but it gets random percentages, which would be broken on GC/BB, since the standard way to get Sonic Knuckle on those versions is from holiday Rappy drops (which means they will always be 0%).

Yeah. If anyone is interest in contributing let me know after you've made an account and I'll add you into the group.

Maybe I am totally blind but there doesn't seem to be an option to create an account, only log in.

EDIT: Attempting to navigate to the create account page through special pages throws up this error:
You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Administrators.

Okay, I've added everything I have, although it's uploaded to my own directory for now since I couldn't figure out how to upload to the wiki itself (I'm so bad). Haven't added the online version of Seat of the Heart though, as I have a sneaky feeling it might be slightly bugged like my port Blue Star Memories, and I'm kind of bad at editing quest scripts to remove its restriction to a Gal Gryphon kill or whatever it has in it. \. _./ Also haven't messed with The Tinkerbell's Dog since I'm having a bad day too.

I'm thinking of translating everything that doesn't have any sort of official translation at some point, but no ETA on that as I'm a bit busy at the moment (although not really).

EDIT: Added TTD2 with flags removed (so Sonic's Glove is never given to you in any form -- I was too lazy to make it reward the item since I'd have to do inventory checks and stuff...), also added Item Present, BPDD and Gallon's Plan in English. Gallon's Plan's Quest Number has been changed to 35 from 1 as well, so the quest does not lock after clearing Magnitude of Metal (this is why it occurs on Ephinea or any other server, incase anybody noticed).

Also names in TTD2 are also orange still but that's a non-issue really...

That should be all the official English quests done (that aren't V2 or GC), so everything else will need fan translations.

The Seat of the Heart restriction is a bit too paranoid; you need to check whether the user has defeated Gol Dragon already in order for the quest to be safe to play, but the quest checks whether you've beaten Gal Gryphon, instead. It doesn't hurt anything, but it does prevent you from playing the quest at the earliest possible safe degree of progress.

Matt said:
(this is why it occurs on Ephinea or any other server, incase anybody noticed).
I changed this a few days ago, it's not doing that here anymore.

Also, spank you for the new BPDD translation, all ships now have the English and Japanese version of this quest up.

I'm far too lazy to merge my posts into one and I'm far too lazy to create an account on qedit.info, so if someone wants to upload my translations for Fragments of a Memory and Lost HELL PALLASCH, by all means, go ahead.

I've uploaded them to:

http://files.pioneer2.net/quest119_e.qst Fragments of a Memory
http://files.pioneer2.net/quest120_e.qst Lost HELL PALLASCH

I guess that leaves the following quests as outstanding, needing English translations:

Black Paper's Dangerous Deal 2
To the End of the Wilderness
Good Luck!
Maximum Attack 4th Stage A, B, C (Episode 1)
Maximum Attack 4th Stage A, B, C (Episode 2)
Maximum Attack 4th Stage A, B, C (Episode 4)
Singing at the Beach
Principal's Gift
Gallon's Shop (Valentine)
Claire's Deal 5
Maximum Attack 3 Ver2
思戦の彼方
荒野のくちばし亭Ver2

Done.

I plan to eventually get things translated once I get some free time from 24/7 Challenge (lol), but if anyone plans to translate anything, let me know so I don't have to.

@ Soda

Did you check your translations in game? If I'm not mistaken, GC and BB have the same Quest Board, and a lot of your messages have four lines, which is too many. Both the Quest Board and white message banners have a limit of three lines, so PSO will scroll to the last three line of your message and cut off the first, rendering it unreadable. Speech bubbles can technically have more than three lines, but they never do, since more than three lines of text runs the risk of making the bubble so tall that it obscures the NPC who's talking.

I checked the LHP one, did the whole quest and it was fine. I'll admit I didn't play FoaM, though.

I guess I'll have to make the FoaM capsules brief then, that's too bad!

You often have to add more lines to make the text fit in English. Japanese is a more compact language and is thus better suited to PSO's small text areas.

Actually, Japanese is a much longer language than English... At least, when spoken. ;) Writing, though, they have the benefit of Kanji (which is actually complicated at the same time) being able to convey whole words with one character.

Anyhow, I finally got around to making this briefer for the Quest Board, and adjusted some NPC dialog as well. Updated at http://files.pioneer2.net/quest119_e.qst I've asked Matt to update qedit.info whenever he can.

I pretty much finished translating "Realms of War" aka "思戦の彼方", but I'm pretty much 100% sure that the old translation of "Realms of War" is wrong. (Who came up with this anyway? Schthack?)

The title should actually read "Beyond..." something something... reading it in Romanji should be "Shisen no kanata". But these Kanji together "思戦", which make up "Shisen", aren't usually used often in Japanese at all. Even if you Google them, you'll only find the PSO quest.

The first Kanji is the Kanji for thought or deep reflection. The second Kanji is the Kanji for War, Fighting, or Battle.

If anything, it should probably be something like "Beyond War Strategy" ? Though, like I said, this Kanji combination isn't really used.

Funny thing is, there was an old Japanese 1921 book named Shisen no Kanata, though they used different Kanji for Shisen. Kanji used in the movie was "視線", which translates to "Line of sight". I'm wondering whoever was responsible for creating this quest in Japanese used the wrong Kanji or not, because "Beyond the Line of Sight" would actually make sense for this quest a bit too, if you consider the sheer amount of monsters in this quest.

Wondering what some of you figure the translated name should be?

I have uploaded Dangerous Deal with Black Paper 2 in English to the wiki. I have also uploaded Sodaboy's translation of Beyond the Horizon (formerly known as Realms of War).

\・。・/

Got an update for you all, and a question at the bottom.

The following have had their download links fixed:
The following are available as their original editable files (not Qedit re-constructions):
The following were finally given a page (and are thus now available):
The following are newly available:
------
Does anyone know if quests 214 and 239 are supposed to be identical?
If you have anything at all to add then by all means. You can contact me if you like.

Last edited:
Back