PSOStats

phelix

discord: .phelix
Guildcard
PSOStats is a tool that runs alongside the pso client and records quest runs. It uploads recorded runs to psostats.com which generates graphs, records leaderboards, and (coming soon) overall player/server statistics. There's some screenshots below or head to the site and view some games.

You can download it at psostats.com/download, at the moment account registration is a manual process so just message me (phelix#2844) the username you'd like and I'll get you set up.
I can't promise I can or will do everything requested but I'm very interested in bug reports/feature requests/any other feedback.

For those interested the source and issue tracker is on github. You should only need golang installed to build and run it yourself.

psostats.png
Screenshot 2023-08-11 111033.png

Last edited:
An amazing tool inspired by ddstats.com

Even if you're not someone who TAs actively, if you like pretty graphs and numbers then don't be afraid to try out psostats. so far I've really just enjoyed having it acting sort of as a "match history" more than anything else.

You've done a great job with this one phelix. I'm looking forward to all the features around the corner.

Last edited:
That’s a pretty neat tool. Haven’t ran it myself but I just want to post and let people know to run it at your own risk.

If this tool is reading game/system memory and uploading data to it’s own server automatically without the ability of the user to view the data in it’s unencrypted and in an easily readable form beforehand, you’re just going on the honor system and trusting the developer of this application to not send sensitive information to their own server.

Because the game memory also contains your login name and password, I’d be very wary of running this program on your machine. No offense to the developer.

That’s a pretty neat tool. Haven’t ran it myself but I just want to post and let people know to run it at your own risk.

If this tool is reading game/system memory and uploading data to it’s own server automatically without the ability of the user to view the data in it’s unencrypted and in an easily readable form beforehand, you’re just going on the honor system and trusting the developer of this application to not send sensitive information to their own server.

Because the game memory also contains your login name and password, I’d be very wary of running this program on your machine. No offense to the developer.
tbh i'd trust phelix with my account lol

Well, that’s nice of you to say that and I’m sure the developer is a wonderful person in which you’d trust your most sensitive info with, but for the average user, phelix is just some random goon on the Internet.

For me, rather than run a program like this which could scrape the memory of any process running on my machine as well as data from files on my system and upload whatever it wishes without my review, I’d rather one of the following to happen:

1. The source code of the project becomes open source so that we could compile our own binary.

2. The program stays closed source, but data is no longer uploaded to the server through the program. Data would be logged to a file that can easily be read by human eyes (preferably logged to a binary file that has it’s structure documented so that we can write our own viewer for the file and see what data is inside of it.)

Last edited:
I think even if you're not into TA or are just midly interested its great to review your runs in general. Will definitely give this a swirl later on.

Well, that’s nice of you to say that and I’m sure the developer is a wonderful person in which you’d trust your most sensitive info with, but for the average user, phelix is just some random goon on the Internet.

For me, rather than run a program like this which could scrape the memory of any process running on my machine as well as data from files on my system and upload whatever it wishes without my review, I’d rather one of the following to happen:

1. The source code of the project becomes open source so that we could compile our own binary.

2. The program stays closed source, but data is no longer uploaded to the server through the program. Data would be logged to a file that can easily be read by human eyes (preferor logged to a binary file that has it’s structure documented so that we can write our own viewer for the file and see what data is inside of it.
These are totally fair points. I would like to make this open source but I was afraid publicly documenting memory addresses for some stuff like the quest registers would be a bad idea. If you could spare a minute to talk about this sometime I'd appreciate it. Or if you're not concerned at all I'll go ahead and make the repo public.

Either way the second option is definitely possible. You can see all the uploaded data either by pressing W in client (writes a json file locally) or at eg. https://psostats.com/api/game/508, but obviously I can't prove no other information isn't being snuck in. If you configure `autoUpload: false` it should only phone home on startup to get the message of the day. I'll work on getting a no-network-traffic mode better support soon.

I appreciate the feedback and I definitely understand anyone not wanting to run some stranger's exe on their machine, I'll do what I can to improve the situation.

PS thanks for the kind words everyone :)

Last edited:
smh I expected better from a GM haha

Thanks for letting me know I'll get that fixed soon

Bumping this - version 1.8.1 is out and has a lot more information included, which you can see in the screenshot

I'll be doing another anniversary leaderboard this year, you can check out last year's here - this year's isn't quite ready for prime time yet but stay tuned :)

As always feel free to reach out if you have any feature requests/bug reports/general comments!

edit: The anniversary page is here!

Last edited:
Back