PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

@Spuz can't find anything after a quick check in the repo history (who knows when it was changed, if it was there) but I could look into it later.
What about that other monster tho? what happens now?

Now nothing displays, Duuvik is the switch which you have to kill to blow up dubchics which has 300 hp afaik (at least it is in cm/normal difficulty, unsure if other modes change the HP). It used to show up, NPC's also used to show up saying unknown (or something like that and no hp bar), this is also no longer there, unsure if that is connected or not but neither show now.

Now nothing displays, Duuvik is the switch which you have to kill to blow up dubchics which has 300 hp afaik (at least it is in cm/normal difficulty, unsure if other modes change the HP). It used to show up, NPC's also used to show up saying unknown (or something like that and no hp bar), this is also no longer there, unsure if that is connected or not but neither show now.
Ender contacted me shortly after, it might be related to that "fix"... I'll see if I can look into it somewhat soon...

If anyone knows why all my sentences in chatlog start with B
(this is only for CJK characters and the start of sentences only, this is an old thing not to do with the updates. Before it displayed B????)

psobb_3LXWgKIeS3.png

Not a huge issue or anything but if anyone knows why please let me know thanks!

Last edited:
Hi! I've been working on maybe now...12hrs to try and make my offline tethealla server + my vanilla PSOBB install work in a specific way. Rummaging through forums everywhere from reddit then NeoGAF and then the Ephinea and Ultima ones. I've succeeded in many things, learned many terminologies and inner workings of the game and everything is almost working perfectly except some stuff:

1. 4K resolution + Virtual Fullscreen isn't a thing with my launcher (I think it's the general use widescreen release launcher). It caps at 1440p and I have to use borderless gaming tool to play in "virtual fullscreen" so ALT-TAB-ing doesn't crash my game. (I've made a thread about this please take a look at it thank you ;w; )

2. My addons are installed and boot up! I had to put the addon folder in here so it could work though as indicated in a forum post: %AppData%\Roaming\MMFApplications. BUT as you probably see me coming from a mile away...the font is small AF and looks like big doodoo. I did try to adjust the global font size and then click "save" but nothing happens, it just closes the Theme Editor window and then I cannot reopen it unless I reboot the game. Then I go in the logs to see the error and it seems to be caused because it doesn't find or cannot create the .ini file where it would save the info? In fact seems like it can't do any of that at any time for any addon because I don't have any traces of .ini files in any of my addon folders so all my windows reset every time also. (see screenshot attached for the error messages)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I spent countless hours to make everything work the way I wanted while avoiding to annoy anyone with my struggles by making sure I did my research properly and followed all instructions I found correctly....but I'm at my wits end.

I just finished reading the whole thread X.X... I tried guys.

Attachments

• ADDON_INI_ISSUE.PNG
    ADDON_INI_ISSUE.PNG
    278.4 KB · Views: 36
Once you reload the addons, the working directory issue is fixed (still no idea how the launcher changed the working directory but haven't looked at it for a year). Normally on my own server with Tofu's launcher, I reload immediately before I login to get the correct set of addons and settings.

So I think you could copy your addons into your teth client install, launch the client, Reload addons through the addon list once, and then things should work. You could then copy theme.ini over to that appdata folder after to get the correct theme at launch.

Once you reload the addons, the working directory issue is fixed (still no idea how the launcher changed the working directory but haven't looked at it for a year). Normally on my own server with Tofu's launcher, I reload immediately before I login to get the correct set of addons and settings.

So I think you could copy your addons into your teth client install, launch the client, Reload addons through the addon list once, and then things should work. You could then copy theme.ini over to that appdata folder after to get the correct theme at launch.

Yeaaah from what I remember reading it's the launcher when compiled that had that default working directory pointed at because of visual studio or something?

Anywats, thanks a lot for the advice! I will try it out asap today and come back with the result! Seems like a smart workaround! I was scared at first when you mentionned reload because that would crash the whole thing automatically each time but yeah if AFTER launch it looks for the stuff in the PSOBB install then yeah it makes sense to put a copy over there. It essentially only temporarily points over to MMFApplication from what I understand. I think I saw Soly mention that somewhere too.

Anyways, I'll come back with the results! (if anyone can help out with my other issues in the meantime in the thread I made it'd be awesome ;w; thanks)

---------------------------

*EDIT*: @Ender Thank you so much! Everything works fine in regards to the addons now! At first it wouldn't save my window positions at boot up even if I copied my .ini files to the addon folder in MMFApplication folder BUT I just circumvented the whole issue the lazy way, once my setup was done I just copy pasted over everything in there with the one that became modified with my configs in my PSOBB install lmao. If I ever do modifications I'll just have to redo that. Honestly probably won't need to since I literally only wanted the addon for the mag feeding timer haha. Thanks again! :D

Last edited:
*EDIT*: @Ender Thank you so much! Everything works fine in regards to the addons now! At first it wouldn't save my window positions at boot up even if I copied my .ini files to the addon folder in MMFApplication folder BUT I just circumvented the whole issue the lazy way, once my setup was done I just copy pasted over everything in there with the one that became modified with my configs in my PSOBB install lmao. If I ever do modifications I'll just have to redo that. Honestly probably won't need to since I literally only wanted the addon for the mag feeding timer haha. Thanks again! :D
Most addons have a configuration window for placing and sizing the addons. The saved window positions you see are just when they're used with the default Top Left anchor or for those few addons without any configuration.

So you could change those settings after a reload and they should be good.

Most addons have a configuration window for placing and sizing the addons. The saved window positions you see are just when they're used with the default Top Left anchor or for those few addons without any configuration.

So you could change those settings after a reload and they should be good.
Yeah it's working fine. :)

hi
I have been trying to modify chatlog since the other day.
Is it cheat to export chat logs locally on a PC?

hi
I habe been trying to modify chatlog since the other day.
Is it cheat to export chat logs locally on a PC?
Your client already saves chat logs in <EphineaPSO>/log

No need to modify chat log addon to do this.

In fact, what I really want to do is automatic translation.
I want to call the attached google apps script from lua,
but it doesn't work.
It seems impossible with my skill.
Could anyone implement it?

I have confirmed the operation of doPost.zip from c#.
thank you very much.

Attachments

• doPost.zip
    569 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:
Could you teach me.
There are some problems with this.

1. cannot require - require("socket.http")
2. cannot require - require("ltn12")
3. I need luasec but can't find the literature and files

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• init.zip
    4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Well, afaik there is no networking in the addons.
So this wouldn't be possible directly from them

good morning.
To the local HDD of the PC
Is there a chat log for word select?
I want it very much now.
Thank you.

Back