PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Oops, I'm sorry. I've been a bit of a space case lately. :confused: I edited my previous post to add the zip file.

I'm using the kill counter addon, which as it is sorts the list alphabetically. Is there some line of code I can change easily that would sort it by most recently killed at the top? Or if that's a big challenge, how about just sorted by most-killed at top?

This is the function you'd need to change.
https://github.com/StephenCWills/psobb-kill-counter/blob/master/Kill Counter/init.lua#L489

Note that changes to this function will change the order of counters for the main kill counter window and session kill counter window, but also the detail windows and the export. To sort by most recently killed, you'd have to modify the counters to keep track of the last time each monster was killed, which I think is easier said than done. Most killed would be a bit easier because you'd just need to sort on the counter's value (counter.kills), which is already saved in the counter. Also note that the session kill counter window has an entirely different set of counters from the main kill counter window, so if you go by most killed, they will sort differently.

I think I got most-killed sort working! I've never edited Lua before so this took a lot of trial and error, but it seems functional now.

Replaced line
Code:
return counter1.getMonsterName() < counter2.getMonsterName()
with
Code:
       if counter1.kills == counter2.kills then
           return counter1.getMonsterName() < counter2.getMonsterName()
       end

return counter1.kills > counter2.kills

That got the detail windows sorted but it would crash if the live-counter windows existed, which I think is because this.visible doesn't include the counter.kills. I didn't know how to deal with that, so I just replaced the two instances of
Code:
table.sort(this.visible, _getCounterOrder)
with
Code:
table.sort(this.all, _getCounterOrder)

Which probably means it's performing slightly more CPU work than necessary, but it works!

It was a lot more complicated than I remembered. The visible counters override the kills property with a function that sums up the total number of kills across all areas in an episode. This only really matters in episode 4, I think, where various enemies can be found in multiple areas, but for sorting you would have had to check the type and then use counter.kills() if it's a function.

Furthermore, the code reduced the number of times it called the sort function by setting a flag whenever a new visible counter was introduced. If the sort can change as a result of the counter's value changing, that logic would need to be tweaked.

I imagine that your solution is probably a bit buggy on various edge cases, but I'm glad you found a way that works for you.

@KeShadow @Ryangosling

I've modified the Chatlog addon to allow customizing the colors a bit (see attachment). It was a fairly simple modification, but I haven't tested it very much, so there may or may not be bugs.

The original feature of highlighting messages that mention your character's name is no longer present. (well, it's commented out anyway.) It kind of conflicted with the new behavior, but I could probably make it work if anyone really wants it.

If you find any bugs, or have any other problems, let me know - I can't promise to respond quickly, but I will get back to you eventually.

So I notice it doesn't wrap the text correctly, is there a way you can fix that?

Yeah, I can probably fix it, but I'm in the middle of moving, so it'll be at least a few days.

Yeah, I can probably fix it, but I'm in the middle of moving, so it'll be at least a few days.
No worries, it looks pretty sexy though.

Edit: Also it looks like the Time Stamp doesn't work, no big deal to me I don't need it so I edited it out.

If you want I can send you my version, My changes to yours are:

Removed Timestamp
Changed Divider from | to :
Added 3 options to allow hiding the window when Main Menu is open, quick chat/quick item menu is open, and when a cutscene is playing.

Last edited:
Need some help with using these. Downloaded all the files that are required, but the windows won't appear when I run the game. I'm using Linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
After using the below terminal command, it works!
Code:
winetricks -q dinput8

Last edited:
@Ryangosling Yes, I'd like you to send me your version, please! I wonder if your 'hide during cut scenes' option is different from the hide options I have in my own addon. (I'm referring to CustomHUD, not my modifications to the chatlog addon.) I'll try to correct the problems with text wrapping and timestamps, and I think I'll also add options to choose whether or not to display the timestamp, and to set a custom character to use as the divider.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this! I still have lots of unpacking to do, but my computer has been set up for about a week now, and I could have been working on this if I could just connect to wifi properly. I ended up plugging a spare router into the main modem/router, just so I could connect to that as a workaround. o_O

Hi I'm new and trying to load some of these addons but I'm running into the "Unicode dinput8 was created, cannot continue" others have had in the past. It runs fine without dinput8.dll - just no addons load. I tried everything that those folks suggested, fresh installed, and rebooted. I still get the error even though the only other processes running are from windows.

The only thing I can think of is that I tried out the Reshader guide the other day. However, I deleted all those files and like I said reinstalled even to a new folder location. Anyone have any suggestions? I attached what my folders look like.

Attachments

• Screenshot (229).png
    Screenshot (229).png
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (228).png
    Screenshot (228).png
    46.1 KB · Views: 13
That error is known to occur when another application injects code into the PSOBB process to display an overlay on top of the game. Said application does not need to be running in the foreground for this to occur. This is most typically seen when users install EvolveHQ because it will inject its overlay by default without the user opting in, apart from having installed the app. See the following thread for more information.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/unicode-dinput8-was-created-cannot-continue.8038/

Thanks for the response, I didn't understand that the guilty app might not even show up in the task manager. I got it to work after uninstalling about half of the apps I had installed. It was either citrix workspace, steam, discord, or twitch even though I definitely had the overlay options turned off on the last three.

I guess people having issues like this can use something like Process Explorer to check what libraries are loaded into the game's process and try to identify which apps are messing with it (after having discarded the known ones).

@Soly Just wondering if you have the code for these which were removed after some updates:
  • Monster Reader's target reader used to have a timer for Jellen/Zalure.
  • When targeting Duuvik, it would show an HP value for target reader.

@Spuz can't find anything after a quick check in the repo history (who knows when it was changed, if it was there) but I could look into it later.
What about that other monster tho? what happens now?

Back