PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Trying to use the Item reader, but it ignores the items_list file under the solylib/items folder. Not seeing anything in the log either.
It doesn't ignore it. I'm guessing you tried adding colors for the event badges into the proper server section of the items_list.lua, but you didn't select "Ephinea" as the server in the Item Reader configuration options?

It doesn't ignore it. I'm guessing you tried adding colors for the event badges into the proper server section of the items_list.lua, but you didn't select "Ephinea" as the server in the Item Reader configuration options?
No, did a fresh install of Windows on a new PC, installed PSO, extracted the base plugin, solylib and the item reader and copied over the modified item list, but it's still displaying all items. Attaching the items_list, not sure if there is anything wrong with the formatting, but the log doesn't show any errors.

Attachments

• items_list.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 8
No, did a fresh install of Windows on a new PC, installed PSO, extracted the base plugin, solylib and the item reader and copied over the modified item list, but it's still displaying all items. Attaching the items_list, not sure if there is anything wrong with the formatting, but the log doesn't show any errors.
Works fine for me. Dropped a saber on the floor and it's not displaying. Same for a few other items. So the items_list.lua looks fine to me. Are any of the other changes in your items_list showing up? I'll assume no.

So the only thing that could be wrong is if you didn't place the items_list.lua in the right place. It should be addons/solylib/items/items_list.lua. It does not go into the Item Reader addon.

Works fine for me. Dropped a saber on the floor and it's not displaying. Same for a few other items. So the items_list.lua looks fine to me. Are any of the other changes in your items_list showing up? I'll assume no.

So the only thing that could be wrong is if you didn't place the items_list.lua in the right place. It should be addons/solylib/items/items_list.lua. It does not go into the Item Reader addon.
Seems that everything is in place as the file is in the right location. No idea what I'm missing here.

Seems that everything is in place as the file is in the right location. No idea what I'm missing here.
Not sure then. If you remove the items_list.lua or rename to something else temporarily, does the addon load after you click "Reload" or start PSOBB? If so, then you put items_list.lua in the wrong spot. If not, then that is indeed the right spot for items_list.lua.

Not sure what's going on, the file looks ok as well as the code (although I should probably have used keys like "hex_id" and "display")... confirmed by Ender.
Where are you downloading the addons from? (there could be zips with the addons floating around that might not be up to date)

Not sure then. If you remove the items_list.lua or rename to something else temporarily, does the addon load after you click "Reload" or start PSOBB? If so, then you put items_list.lua in the wrong spot. If not, then that is indeed the right spot for items_list.lua.
It does not, so it is definitely the right location.

Not sure what's going on, the file looks ok as well as the code (although I should probably have used keys like "hex_id" and "display")... confirmed by Ender.
Where are you downloading the addons from? (there could be zips with the addons floating around that might not be up to date)
It was somewhere on the repository, filename PSOBBMod-Addons-master-1.zip.

Okay,

I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around this thread.

I just want a reader that lists the items on the floor.

Can someone please give me an "Installation guide for dummies" on how I can get and implement a floor reader?

Okay,

Can someone please give me an "Installation guide for dummies" on how I can get and implement a floor reader?
My Item Reader addon has some options to disable the different windows, you can leave only the floor items window active

Okay,

Same.

I'm wondering why there isn't a zip file that has everything in it. It could be as simple as extracting to the PSO install folder and you'd be done (unless you actually needed the Visual C++ install too). I know I screwed things up when I first tried installing addons. I admit I'm an idiot, and couldn't follow the instructions I've seen posted online, because for me they weren't obvious enough. So why not just simplify things even more and just put everything together?

Thought I would give my take on a simplified install guide. I won't be covering the actual configuration for each addon since I feel that's simple enough to experiment with and figure out, though @en4cer (or anyone else) if you want to use the floor reader you need to open the Item Reader options (in game) and enable either the AIO or Floor options. Anyway, I hope this can be helpful to someone.
1. Download and extract bbmod.zip (https://github.com/HybridEidolon/psobbaddonplugin/releases/download/v0.3.4/bbmod.zip)
2. Download and extract master.zip (https://github.com/Solybum/PSOBBMod-Addons/archive/master.zip)
3. Open the folder named PSOBBMod-Addons-master and copy it's contents into the folder named addons
4. Copy addons folder, dinput8.dll and dinput8.pdb into the PSO install folder (where psobb.exe is located)
5. Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (unless you know you have it already)
6. Start the game, and set up your configuration

That's what aggrebee's guide effectively is, but it points to the repo for the bbmod instead of the actual download itself. The intention is that you would go download the latest release because the API is "entirely unstable" and no guarantee addons still work after a new release.

Pointing directly to the release's zip for bbmod is probably okay because it hasn't had a release in 2+ years. Unfortunately, Soly and I each have a fork of the base repo with our own changes and you need either one for the Theme Editor (and some other new addon functionality) to work. Really it's just a mess at this point.

But also there are many other addons not included in your simple steps that people want/use. Anyway this thread isn't really meant to be a guide on how to install the addons, I think. I've always viewed it as a discussion of the addons/plugins and a general hub of resources (maybe aggrebee's guide should be added by a moderator into the top of the OP).

Well I might've hit a brick wall in my quest for an item reader.

The problem is that I play on a Mac, and therefore cannot install the "Redistributable" file.

I do however see files with the same names as the files offered through the download link already in my PSOBB folder:
View media item 1726
After following the installation guide posted by @VilleHIM in post #878 of this thread (minus step 5) I don't see any new visuals like in the OP of this thread when I run the game:
View media item 1727
Do I have to push a specific combination of buttons to get the addons to appear? Or should they show up automatically?

Well I might've hit a brick wall in my quest for an item reader.

The problem is that I play on a Mac, and therefore cannot install the "Redistributable" file.

I do however see files with the same names as the files offered through the download link already in my PSOBB folder:
View media item 1726
After following the installation guide posted by @VilleHIM in post #878 of this thread (minus step 5) I don't see any new visuals like in the OP of this thread when I run the game:
View media item 1727
Do I have to push a specific combination of buttons to get the addons to appear? Or should they show up automatically?
Can't see the pictures, but iirc the tilde key toggles the addons

How are you running psobb "on a mac?" Are you running it through some virtualization software inside OSX or are you running it through Windows that's running inside a VM/bootcamp or similar?

If you're running through some virtualization software, then I have no idea if you can force the loader to inject the dinput8.dll from bbmod. You would have to consult with the documentation for that virtualization or find someone else who has managed to get this working on OSX.

But you say you don't see the addonlist when you press the tilde key. This sounds to me like your dinput8.dll isn't being loaded, because if it *was* being loaded correctly, then either you would be seeing the addon list or your client would be crashing immediately (cannot find init.lua or similar) if you installed the addons incorrectly.

Also you should fix your images in your previous post so we can see them, just to verify the directory structure. I'm not sure how you uploaded them, but I've never had a problem with using the "Upload a File" feature when posting and then inserting the image as a full image.

Back