PSO and PSO Community Appreciation Thread

To say that this didn't make my entire childhood would be just lying. The countless hours i spent in GC Offline, from getting to lv 100, to finally beating Dark Falz, getting my ass handed to multiple times to gilchics, delsabers, and chaos bringers, I wouldn't have it any other way. The feeling I got from hearing the rare jingle as a kid made my entire year, even if it wasn't good I still loved that moment. Many years later, If It wasn't for that one post on IGN(?) that did a post on enphinea and my parents showing me that there are private servers still up and running, i may have never played this game again. Of course I went ahead and signed up for this, and i don't regret doing so. I don't think i can express how grateful I am for such a community, keeping this absolute gem of a game alive. I wouldn't have it any way, so really thank you, and thank you to who ever else loves this game as i do and continues to play it. To all the hunters still playing or have in the past, thank you and may the future be ever bright for all of you. -MxF

Just logged back from 3-4 years afk to say: Thank you! This server has brought me back so much memories, the good old "vanilla" experience that was lacking on schtserv and a community full of nice people with close to no toxicity at all.

The optimization part in grinding and maxing stats, finding the loot with insane (sometimes) odds, is also part of what motivated me in my career choices. It means a lot!

So thank you again ;)

Great news guys!! As per comicbook.com, respected leaker 'Zippo' says Sega is developing a reboot/remimagining of the original Phantasy Star Online with the original developers making the game. I think we all have been waiting for this news for a long time.

I think I have quite a bit I could say, but I'll try to keep it brief by sticking to the most important points.

1. The staff is awesome. I don't think I've ever once had even a slightly negative experience with anyone in the staff. I know you guys take a ton of time out of your day to create the best possible PSO experience for everyone, and in the case of Sodaboy, even a massive financial loss to keep the server running. Also, I literally have nothing but good things to say about Mew.

2. This community has a lot of kind people in it who will not judge players for being new/still learning the basics. I regularly see players joining very hard leveling rooms even when it clearly doesn't persoanlly benefit them in any way, and will often give them decent items for free.

3. Speaking from personal experience, I have made some pretty good friends through this server, at least one of which I talk to every day. The only other game I've made long term friends from is from when I was attending tournaments for Super Smash Bros Melee, so that's probably worth mentioning. This has also lead to me. I think the benefit to a small community like this one is that because most people know everyone, there is more incentive to be kind to people and it makes it easier to make friends, in a way. Trying to farm speedrun worthy gear wouldn't be nearly as fun without friends to play with.

I think I have quite a bit I could say, but I'll try to keep it brief by sticking to the most important points.

1. The staff is awesome. I don't think I've ever once had even a slightly negative experience with anyone in the staff. I know you guys take a ton of time out of your day to create the best possible PSO experience for everyone, and in the case of Sodaboy, even a massive financial loss to keep the server running. Also, I literally have nothing but good things to say about Mew.

2. This community has a lot of kind people in it who will not judge players for being new/still learning the basics. I regularly see players joining very hard leveling rooms even when it clearly doesn't persoanlly benefit them in any way, and will often give them decent items for free.

3. Speaking from personal experience, I have made some pretty good friends through this server, at least one of which I talk to every day. The only other game I've made long term friends from is from when I was attending tournaments for Super Smash Bros Melee, so that's probably worth mentioning. This has also lead to me. I think the benefit to a small community like this one is that because most people know everyone, there is more incentive to be kind to people and it makes it easier to make friends, in a way. Trying to farm speedrun worthy gear wouldn't be nearly as fun without friends to play with.
Coco-Taichoooou~! *Glomps and squeezes while crying Happily~!!* SQUEE dammit!....Squee~!! <3!

Last edited:
PSO really is an incredibly special game, and for it to thrive for as long as it has is proof of that. Servers like Ephinea are vital for keeping the game alive; thank you for keeping the server running and for helping preserve PSOBB. Thanks for sharing your memories too, I think this game has had a huge impact on almost everyone here.

I started PSO with the GC version back in 2003 after a friend introduced it to me. After playing it for one night, I went and bought a Gamecube and PSO the next day. This game has been like nothing else I've experienced. I've made friends that I still talk to 20 years later and even managed to meet a few of them IRL. I was a regular on PSO World and loved the PSO community as a whole. I also have incredibly fond memories of the game because it was one of the few games both me and my younger brother loved. He sadly passed away a few years ago, but I've kept hold of his PSOGC characters ever since. Might sound stupid but it feels like a way to connect with the memories I have of him.

Even now, 20 years later I find myself jumping back on PSO regularly. There's just something about it that none of the later games captured. Now I'm trying to pay it forward and get more people introduced to the game by doing video content for it. Hopefully if I can convince a few people to come here and try the game, we can keep it going for years more! PSO forever :wacko:

PSO was one of the few games I could ever really get into, and probably the only online community I've ever really had any sort of meaningful interaction with. I guess I was "mostly done" with the game before ephinea really started, but it's cool to see that it's still active.

Hey SectionSkyly, just want to say I've seen some of your videos. I think they're some of the better vids about PSO on YouTube. The game does very little hand holding, so I think it's ripe for deep dives on a lot of aspects.

Keep it going!

This silly game took 1/3rd of my life.

10/10 would do it again.

Thanks, Andreas, for showing it to me in 7th grade. Hey, you never got your disk back.
Eisteeeeee-Taichouuuu~! Your mew is still taking care of your beloved Monolith~! <3!

Thanks for putting so much work into the architecture for this game, thanks to this server existing I finally got to play this absolute gem of a game. I have never been involved with the Phantasy Star series but this server existing is essentially a preservation of historical datum and without the work you and so many others have put into it it is something I would never have experienced.

Sodaboy, that is a great post. Sorry to be replying so long after you wrote it, but I only recently came back to PSO/Ephinea.
And, as you can see, when I come back to PSO, that means coming back to Ephinea.
I've been playing PSO, on and off, since 2001. First on DC, then the JP I & II import on my modded GC, then NA GC PSO I & II, and then PSOBB.
GC was my original PSO "home" and I made a tons of friends in those versions. At least one of whom plays here, which is awesome - it was great to reconnect with Thundar (aka Qwid), thanks to Ephinea.
This place has become my PSO home and I'm very thankful to you and Ender and everyone else that makes this place possible.
Everything you wrote, everything you all do, totally vibes with the way I want to interact with this (for me) all-time favorite game.
I'm very very thankful to you and your team.
Thank you!
>Sodaboy

I also have incredibly fond memories of the game because it was one of the few games both me and my younger brother loved. He sadly passed away a few years ago, but I've kept hold of his PSOGC characters ever since. Might sound stupid but it feels like a way to connect with the memories I have of him.:wacko:
This brought tears to my eyes! I lost my younger brother 18 years ago and I still have his game collection including his PSO characters! It doesnt sound stupid at all! Its almost like hugging him when I hold his stuff or play games we played together! The memories flood back and sometimes those are all I have! PSO and Brothers forever!

Back