PS4 Controller - Bind 0-9 Keys?

FriendPie

Hi everyone!

I've joined in anticipation for the new Seasons feature this server is having. I love playing D3 and PoE at the start of their new seasons, so seeing my favorite game implement this has me really excited :)

I've seen this question posted last year, but there was no solution I could find.

I have a PS4 controller and I've tried using both JoyToKey and DS4 (both running as Administrators) to rebind the keys. I can control the game fine EXCEPT for my 0-9 keys. In game, I can press space to begin typing and hit my L2 (assigned to "1" on the keyboard) and "1" types in the chat log. In combat however, I do not cast Foie that is bound to my "1" slot when I press L2.

It's not a deal breaker, but I would absolutely love binding 0-9 (or most of them) onto my controller. Please let me know if you have a solution to getting this to work.

Thanks! I can't wait to play the new season with you all. :)

Edit: Solved! Xpadder in Admin mode works perfectly. Thanks everyone :D

Last edited:
It was a nightmare getting this to work for myself, as well. I tried IntputMapper, JoyToKey and many others out there. Once I used Xpadder, everything was working as expected for me personally. Fought with that so much, I would hate having to try something else at this point. I'm using L2 to go around the dpad for 1/2/3/4, R2 and the dpad for 5/6/7/8 and R2+L1 for 9, R2+R1 for 0 and a few other combinations for things like /lobby, /bank, etc.

I've had great success with Xpadder (not really any issue) and it seems a lot of people are a fan of Antimicro here.

Can I assume that simply pressing 1 on your kb casts Foie, and the issue has something to do with Joy2key not talking correctly?

It was a nightmare getting this to work for myself, as well. I tried IntputMapper, JoyToKey and many others out there. Once I used Xpadder, everything was working as expected for me personally. Fought with that so much, I would hate having to try something else at this point. I'm using L2 to go around the dpad for 1/2/3/4, R2 and the dpad for 5/6/7/8 and R2+L1 for 9, R2+R1 for 0 and a few other combinations for things like /lobby, /bank, etc.

$10 for Xpadder. Doesn't break the bank, but I'd hate for it to not work and lose the money. It's worth a shot at this point though. Your set up reminds me a lot of the FFXIV controller scheme. Sounds lovely :)

are you loading joy2key as admin?
I am loading both JoytoKey and DS4 as admin. Still no luck :(

the only issue I have with antimicro is that I can't figure out a way to remap a default button off to a different button, like setting the back button on a controller to a button 14-15

Otherwise its a completely useless button, I don't need another open menu button and would like to map it to one of the 1-10 keys

what about loading joy2key before pso? I find that I have to reload it anytime my controller has been disconnected

Solution for Joy2Key from a different thread:

In joy2key>Settings>Preferences, "Disable emulation of key/mouse assignments" is checked by default. I didn't know what it meant so I left it alone and forgot it.

I unchecked it for the first time last night, and lo and behold. it works now.

Maybe it helps here, too?

Back