Please revisit the post-Lv. 200 Grind debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

;3
It's been over a year since this was last brought up. Here's the topic:

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/post-200-grind-level-250.6014/

Many of the people who shot this down have quit. Those of us who remain have accumulated huge amounts of post-Lv. 200 XP and have seen a tremendous amount of new content that is either geared for "new players" or "everyone," but nothing specifically for veterans.

I think enough time has passed to bring this up again. I've been playing less and less because I don't feel like there's anything I can accomplish in a reasonable amount of time on PSO anymore. (Basically, I can either hunt higher hit % of the same weapons which never drop or quit.) I still love the game, but I need to feel like I'm accomplishing something as I play.

I hope this is just my perception, but the server population has been pretty low on the days I've logged in recently. It's time to implement something like this to bring people back into the fold. Please...

I'm not going to argue in this thread. All of the relevant points were brought up in the original topic. I'm just wondering: Has enough time passed for this to finally become a thing? Thanks for your support!

I would prefer a "prestige-like" mechanic which resets your level to 1 and adds some permanent bonus.
Something like +5% DAR each reset for a max of +25%, after that, you get like +2.5% RDR each reset with a max of 25%. (I'm just throwing in some random numbers here.)

2nding the shit out of this.

I'm creeping towards 8x 200s with my HUcast having nearly 200 Million making him approximately Level 200 x2.5.

Just my opinion here and i respect anyone's point of view on this matter.

While i'm all for the idea to give an use to the post lv200 exp, i really dislike the "lv250" thing. First this server is promuted as a "Vanilla+convenience features" server and i think lv250 is counter-productive in this regard. Secondly, hard cap leveling is frustrating af (i played Black Desert Online) and discouraging for new/more casual players, because even tho it doesn't add stats people will feel obligated to farm levels and will always feel inferior to veterans. I don't see why you need to have new levels visually if it's not for the stats, when you could just do a shop (or the prestige system) where could spend your extra exp gained on things to help you get your last % on your weapons for an exemple. For me, just for me PSO= level, max out, hunt better stuff. Why not give something to help your "hunt for better stuff" you don't need extra levels for that.

Also, the server population is low because this game is 17 years old mainly. New features may help a bit but it will never be game changer.

Edit: In short, i support this, not extra levels.

Last edited:
I personally like (and want) the lvl 250. But I see peoples reasoning for not liking it and last time it was suggested it was like 50/50 in peoples liking/disliking. Something more along the lines of what cookie said might work out better for the community.

I would prefer a "prestige-like" mechanic which resets your level to 1 and adds some permanent bonus.
Something like +5% DAR each reset for a max of +25%, after that, you get like +2.5% RDR each reset with a max of 25%. (I'm just throwing in some random numbers here.)

Should call it Hydro-Mode tbh :wacko:

"Rebirth" a character option when you hit level 200 would be awesome! The bonus of rebirthing would be something like a new skin for your character? or new item? or maybe every rebirth, you level cap of 200 increases by 1.

not a fan of the level 250 thing, but would really like to see some way to make use of exp after 200. an item shop would be cool, nothing over the top but maybe it would let us exchange X amount of experience for a PD, or buy more aesthetic soul items, etc.

as for the prestige thing I guess I wouldn't really care, not the sort of thing I'd be interested in personally nor would it really hurt my play experience. do wonder if you'd have people quit after having second thoughts after rerolling but yeah.

Reactions: Ade
I think lvl 200 chars and the players behind enrich our server and it really "hurts" to see such players playing less/retiring from the game after hitting lvl 200. I think since many of them do nice things like carrying new players etc. and dont get really rewarded, because the stuff they´re isnt easy to get, could be a little bit motivated to stay on the endless grind with an xp shop, that could have stuff to buy with their xp (ofc without changing their total xp amount, maybe "excubes" as reward for certain xp milestones?) that isnt exclusive to this shop and then no one should be able to complain because you dont need to be "post" lvl 200 to get that stuff from this shop and the chars stay "vanilla"?
i really hope there will something happen and this not become just a discussion that will be dead at some point and causing nothing to change at all.

I used to be against the 201-250 levels, but I liked the idea of some type of reward after 200.
Now I don't really mind that much, something like 201-250 with a PS at certain milestones (225? 250?) would be interesting.

Ultimately, I just want veteran players who have quit to come back, but I'm not sure if anything will make that happen.

PRESTIGE SYSTEM WOULD BE OPTIMAL BTW

Also remove Max Attack S if this becomes a thing pls

Last edited:
Reactions: Ade
I think an easyish solution would be to allow the purchase of some type of raffle ticket or item with EXP past 200. Create a shop where you can then exchange them for some cosmetics and basic crap, but more importantly low drop % raffle prizes.

It would be like a permanent "event" that people post-200 can partake in. Maybe let people purchase a unique name color at a certain tier. I would much rather see level 200 players with, let's say, an orange name over a level 250 running around.

Playing past 200 could let you stock pile your points/tokens/whatever and gamble them off in the hopes of high % non-rare weapons are similarly to Easter, stuff like 40-50 hit SNeedles and the like.

As someone who isn't 200 on the server, I would have no problem with level 200 players being able to enjoy perks like access to a new currency (that's still at the mercy of RNG outside of cosmetics and small things) and new name colors to represent post-200 milestones.

I personally do NOT like the idea of adding in permanent DAR boosts and the like as rewards. I feel like it's a slippery slope to go down and will fundamentally change a game on a server that wants to be as "Vanilla" as possible.

Edit: armor cosmetics would also be another great reward. Imagine putting the Electro Frame graphic onto D Parts v1 for example.

Ultimately, I just want veteran players who have quit to come back

like yourself? pepehang

On-Topic: I'd love for there to be *some* sort of incentive for Lv200 players to keep playing, but I'd prefer for it to remain cosmetic or something.
  • Name changes
  • Section ID changes
  • S-Rank renaming
  • Material refunds (if you want to remat your Lv200 character, or if you stop playing that Lv200 character and want to shift the mats to another)
  • Mag Hearts, Ring Color Changes, Weapon Hearts (like from seasons shop)

Last edited:
I'm heavily against any change that "snowballs". A permanent DAR boost would lead to players who already have a huge amount of wealth on this server, because they play a lot, getting even more of a share of the wealth just for... playing? Why should someone get any more of a chance at a good item just because they've played more? That's already the point of hunting - the more you grind, the more chances you get at something. There's no reason to further tilt that in a level 200 player's favor.

That said, I love Aki's suggestion. Cosmetic changes like armor effects or name colors(!!) are great ideas. So is extending the level cap to 250, IMO, but I can see why people don't like it.

I also like "rebirth" as a concept, but again, I don't think any tangible reward should be tied to it. Changing name colors on rebirth for every remake, maybe something like this? Just a thought.

It was a good idea before, and still is, but it shouldn't further increase already-rich players' share of the wealth on the server. You can do that already by playing the game.

Not trying to be argumentative, as I said i wouldn't, but I think it's pretty clear that most players want something BEYOND a mere cosmetic reward. I care ZERO about cosmetics in this game and would want something that actually has tangible value. I feel like the attempts to sway this toward cosmetics only defeats the purpose.

I do not endorse a mere "cosmetic" reward.

I would be happy even with something as simple as being able to trade in a million extra XP (beyond Lv. 200) for 1 PD and just leave it at that. A person would have to get 99 million additional EXP (which is 20% more than an entirely separate Lv. 200 character) just for one Sphere, so it's not broken at all. This would motivate more people to "stick it out" to Lv. 200 and would partially solve the server's deflation problem, which is sorely apparent now.

Last edited:
I haven't been around for a long time, and I don't have a lvl 200. But I've played a lot of grind intensive games, and I like the idea of a rebirth system. Like most, I don't feel comfortable with the idea of increasing the level cap, it feels odd, and certainly not vanilla, but rebirth sound way too fun.
It's so refreshing to start a new character after the slowfest of nearing maxlvl, and it would be great to get something extra for doing it.
I don't think we should add any RNG to any kind of reward, as this game already have enough of it, and RNG is mostly just a source of frustration.
I also don't think it should be purely cosmetic. I have nothing to back it up, this is just personal preference.
Oh, also, idk if deflation is such a bad thing, low prices really help newcomers. Injecting hundreds of extra PDs in the economy might be a bit dangerous. I know one person won't farm that many by themselves, but collectively, yea, we will, you know we will *roll eyes*.
TLDR: I support the idea, I don't have any answers cause I'm too new/inexperienced to give that kind of input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back