Picking up PSO Again - Quick Tips

Reeseko

Turns out I have an account on Ephinea from back in the day but I've forgotten a lot about the game and the server. I want to start a new RaMarl as I've always liked the solo buffing/ranged playstyle and I have a some things to start with.

My character data says I still have a 20/140/40/0 Rappy and it looks like I was building a Sato for something... 5/110/56/0. Aside from the mag and money I'll start fresh to experience the game again (maybe use the heavenly battle/arms I have).

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as what to do other than go through the episodes for leveling? Also if there are any guides for min-maxing a RaMarl that'd be great. I don't think either mag I have now work for min-maxing and I'll have to buy materials later.

Also looking for the following:

Recommendations for section ID (I believe there's a calculator out there for names)
Add-ons that are nice to haves
Any additions tips/tricks that I may have forgotten either specific to Ephinea or RaMarl.

Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to playing the game I loved as a child again!

Ephinea has a wiki now. Example for RAmarl: https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/RAmarl (top of the page is a guide link also to another RAmarl page). It's not perfect and is always a wip from the community and staff but it is excellent and should have most if not all information you are looking for; so check it out! The stats of your Rappy is decent for any class to start with (except tech fo), It's got decent Power and Dex, and while the 20 DEF isn't really needed and there are better mag triggers and stuff on other mags than Rappy that's stuff you can look into when you decide to feed or buy another mag, this mag is super for a fresh start. And yes Heavenly/Arms are the best for early characters. At least when you get to ultimate ATA is by far the most needed stat early on. People often use multiple Arm units & their mag to make sure they have their base ATA maxed for ultimate. It's less important in the earlier difficulties and power can be more useful there but when ultimate rolls up if you don't have your accuracy up you will just miss (and then you grind up as much power/other stats as you level within ultimate)

There are commands for your character /modname myname and /modsecid oran
(any ID, I just like orange)

The ID change is once only BEFORE level 20. And the modname is infinite so don't worry about an ID calc (unless you want to use an id/name calc to farm s-parts from 1-19 and then change ID to another after or something) <-- not needed at all for RAmarl but is 20 pds if you are lucky enough to get a drop.

For general tips of play for RAmarl I would recommend learning/looking into glitching weapon combos (and the effectiveness of different combos for ATA in general), learning when you should be doing Shifta, Deband, Zalure and Jellen for your party; when to and to not use resta (or self-resta glitch/use mates only).

You can also reset materials later so if you mess up don't stress. Basically, it's easy enough to use tons of power early and some mind maybe. You will see examples of this on the RAmarl page under material plans, ''important stats'' is what people usually do whilst levelling as it gets the best stats when you need them or ASAP, then people reset later at 200 for more optimal plans (after gathering wealth/more materials). HP/TP mats are separate pools also so they can used without worry at all (125 for each HP/TP and 250 for all other materials in a single pool).

Also if you join the ephinea discord there is a help channel and many people who will answer questions and give advice when needed!

Last edited:
Ephinea has a wiki now. Example for RAmarl: https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/RAmarl (top of the page is a guide link also to another RAmarl page). It's not perfect and is always a wip from the community and staff but it is excellent and should have most if not all information you are looking for; so check it out! The stats of your Rappy is decent for any class to start with (except tech fo), It's got decent Power and Dex, and while the 20 pow isn't really needed and there are better mag triggers and stuff on other mags than Rappy that's stuff you can look into when you decide to feed or buy another mag, this mag is super for a fresh start. And yes Heavenly/Arms are the best for early characters. At least when you get to ultimate ATA is by far the most needed stat early on. People often use multiple Arm units & their mag to make sure they have their base ATA maxed for ultimate. It's less important in the earlier difficulties and power can be more useful there but when ultimate rolls up if you don't have your accuracy up you will just miss (and then you grind up as much power/other stats as you level within ultimate)

The ID change is once only BEFORE level 20. And the modname is infinite so don't worry about an ID calc (unless you want to use an id/name calc to farm s-parts from 1-19 and then change ID to another after or something) <-- not needed at all for RAmarl but is 20 pds if you are lucky enough to get a drop.

For general tips of play for RAmarl I would recommend learning/looking into glitching weapon combos (and the effectiveness of different combos for ATA in general), learning when you should be doing Shifta, Deband, Zalure and Jellen for your party; when to and to not use resta (or self-resta glitch/use mates only).

You can also reset materials later so if you mess up don't stress. Basically, it's easy enough to use tons of power early and some mind maybe. You will see examples of this on the RAmarl page under material plans, ''important stats'' is what people usually do whilst levelling as it gets the best stats when you need them or ASAP, then people reset later at 200 for more optimal plans (after gathering wealth/more materials). HP/TP mats are separate pools also so they can used without worry at all (125 for each HP/TP and 250 for all other materials in a single pool).

Also if you join the ephinea discord there is a help channel and many people who will answer questions and give advice when needed!
Spuzziiiiiies~! Always good to see you lurking in the shadows, luv! =3

Ephinea has a wiki now. Example for RAmarl: https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/RAmarl (top of the page is a guide link also to another RAmarl page). It's not perfect and is always a wip from the community and staff but it is excellent and should have most if not all information you are looking for; so check it out! The stats of your Rappy is decent for any class to start with (except tech fo), It's got decent Power and Dex, and while the 20 DEF isn't really needed and there are better mag triggers and stuff on other mags than Rappy that's stuff you can look into when you decide to feed or buy another mag, this mag is super for a fresh start. And yes Heavenly/Arms are the best for early characters. At least when you get to ultimate ATA is by far the most needed stat early on. People often use multiple Arm units & their mag to make sure they have their base ATA maxed for ultimate. It's less important in the earlier difficulties and power can be more useful there but when ultimate rolls up if you don't have your accuracy up you will just miss (and then you grind up as much power/other stats as you level within ultimate)

Would you say section ID doesn't really matter for some items because you can buy them? Or all items really seeing as you could just spend PDs or sell what you find to fund your characters?

Your sec id only matters if you solo or you host a mutiplayer game. Whoever starts a multiplayer game eveyone gets the drops from the host sec id. And easy buy sell to fund your characters. Join discord....

Also, the section IDs have been balanced well, every ID is useful somewhere. Like Dman said if you plan to solo a lot then sec id matters more. This is why people often make an ID on a character that is good in an area (rather than specifically what items you need). For example, Forces are great in E4 so people often make them a good ID for E4 or Rangers who are masters of episode 2 often get an ID which is good for episode 2. There are many examples of this and many/all classes can make do with any ID really. And then for stuff you cannot get you either trade/play with others or end up becoming a man with an army of characters.

Back