Phantasy Star Online Episode III Server

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
I've been advised to post this here so... but first, a disclaimer!

DISCLAIMER: While I am hosting this server, this server has no affiliation with the Ephinea PSO BB server. None of the other staff members have anything to do with this, so if you do decide to play here, please don't message anyone except myself if you have any sort of problems. Remember, nothing to do with Ephinea!!

I've been hosting a public newserv by fuzziqersoftware (link to server software) server for the purpose of playing Episode 3 with some friends. There's been quite a lot of interest in Episode 3 online recently as people were not aware that Episode 3 is playable online it seems!

You can find information about how to play at Ragol.org. There is no PC client, so you're still going to need to play the Gamecube version of the game, but playing on Dolphin is perfectly fine.

This server has full support for the Episode 3 Plus mod by Gigobooma (formerly Eyce) as well, and can be played with either the original game or the Plus modification. When playing online, all cards will have their Plus changes applied, and games between the two different versions will also play correctly (although, if you're a good sport, I advise playing fully vanilla decks if you know the other person isn't on Plus as some Plus-exclusive cards are pre-tty strong).

The server also has the following in comparison to a stock newserv install:
  • Boss quests have been added for players to fight them at any time in 1v1, 1v2, 2v1, and 2v2 set ups. (Pollux, Castor, Amplum Umbra, Leukon Knight, and a unique Pollux/Castor combo)
  • EXP loss has been completely disabled
There are also some extras in comparison to the original game, such as $inftime to set the turn timers to no limit, $surrender to end the game early instead of dragging it out, all the offline maps in free battle online, and so on. However, these are also part of stock newserv and not something I take any credit for.

There may be various issues while playing online, and if you do run into any, I recommend reporting them to the newserv issue tracker on GitHub.

Last edited:
Alright I need Matt to stop accusing me of cheating when every Br*t rolls six on their first, second, third, and then every other turn.

HERE IS THE REAL DEAL 1.1+ PATCH YOU NEED TO MAKE YESTERDAY! I am forgoing my reasoning with this post because search your heart; you know it to be true.................................and if you don't agree I doubt you will if I add words.

I didn't really want to go through every card - most of these are something I already thought about - so some that need adjustments are probably still missing (lookin @ u tp stackers)

Card: 01D0 "Hildetorr"
AP: 8 > AP: 7

Card: 01D8 "Dark Bringer"
+ Big Swing
HP: 18 > HP: 15
AP: 7 > AP: 5
MV: 4 > MV: 3

Card: 01EC "Mericarol"
AP: 6 >
AP: 5
MV: 3 > MV: 2

Card: 01FD "Del Lily"
+ Tech
Cost: 6 > Cost: 7
HP: 12 > HP: 15
AP: 2 > AP: 4
TP: 2 > TP: 4

Card: 0139 "Old Type"
Cost: 3 >
Cost: 4
6 Turns > 4 Turns

Card: 014C "Vengeance"
4 Turns >
6 Turns

Card: 0183 "Belra Cannon"
- Dark Slayer
Cost: 5 > Cost: 6

Card: 0189 "Red Scorpio"
+ Gun A/P Count changed to 1/3 from 1/4

Card: 018B "Gi Gue Bazooka"
-/+ Paralysis now must be 6 exactly
HP: 11 > HP:10

Card: 012C "Inheritance"
Cost: 3
> Cost: 4

Card: 00B3 "Double-Edged Dice"
Cost: 2 >

Card: 0101 "Deflation"
Cost: 2 >

Card: 0102 "Inflation"
Cost: 4 >
Cost: 3 (just sneak this in when Matt isn't looking ok)

Supplemental Update if Matt is cool

Card: 02BE "Castor" / + Call image icons from 029C "Castor"
- Steady Damage Mod
+ Drain 1/3 (Physical)

HP: +15 > HP: +5
AP: 6 > AP: 3
TP: 6 > TP: 4
MV: 5 > MV: 3

Card: 02BF "Pollux" / + Call image icons from 029D "Pollux"
- Yellow Link
- Ultimate AP Growth
+ Heavy Steps

HP: +15 > HP: -5
AP: 0 > AP: 3
TP: 2 > TP: 3

Last edited:
Won't run... Installed but opens and closes very quickly. Should I disable antivirus/firewall?

No clue what you're talking about, you don't install anything (except the emulator if you're using Dolphin). Episode 3 is a GameCube game, so you just get GameCube games running your preferred method and then get it online.

You installed PSOPC (v2), which is a different game entirely. Basically what you need is to get a Gamecube emulator named Dolphin and run EP3 .iso with it.

1. Install Dolphin
2. Download and extract PSO EP3
3. Follow this guide

If you have any additional questions or you need some technical help, you can join Ragol's Discord server.

Back