PC Guts Thread

reason

Bug Man...
Post your computer guts/innards.
Speccy if you want to share specs.
I'll post my gaming pc to start.
XLR6O6Q.jpg

That is a beauty. I'm going to be getting a new computer. The computer I have now has liquid cooling and all that stuff and runs on a 4770k processor, but I want a newer computer with a gtx 10 series graphics card. I also want a 4790k. I don't want anything more than quad core because right now they are the best for the current games until we actually need 6 core or 8 core gaming processors. Once we need higher processors, you'll know, because we wont even be able to play the games once they reach that point. But, you can still use some nice 6 core processors. I still wont change to 6 core until I've had my fair share of gaming with the best quad core ever made, 4790k. I'm saving up for a better HP envy phoenix. I have one of those, but I want a newer one that's more up to date. My graphics card is only a gtx 660 :(( Yea, it's a low end graphics card in today's time. Not too long ago it was a high end card but we've been moving so fast with graphics cards lately. Heck I remember with gtx 790 was top of the line just a couple years ago. But, with the gtx 1080, you'd be good to go for a few years. Heck, a couple years ago, I could have played any game with this graphics card at high settings. Well, I'm also using a full screen monitor, not a wide screen. I like full screen better unless I'm watching HD on my wide screen laptop. Gotta love anime at it's best :p

@reason That is some great cable management lol.

SpeccyW10.jpg

I've had this little thing for almost 3 years now and it's still going strong. A little over a year ago I sold my titan 6gb from 2013 and sidegraded to an r9 390 and it has served me well. Probably going to wait until we get Vega news/benchmarks and decide if I want to switch back to Nvidia if I'm not happy with what I see from the AMD camp. HBM2 has my hopes up for AMD though.

Last edited:
@reason That is some great cable management lol.

View attachment 1591

I've had this little thing for almost 3 years now and it's still going strong. A little over a year ago I sold my titan 6gb from 2013 and sidegraded to an r9 390 and it has served me well. Probably going to wait until we get Vega news/benchmarks and decide if I want to switch back to Nvidia if I'm not happy with what I see from the AMD camp. HBM2 has my hopes up for AMD though.

please hurry up and switch to gtx lol. Don't let the buggy ati ruin you like it once did me lol. The Gtx cards run a lot cooler bro and they work better with older games than ATI. ATI does play good games, but it has trouble with some of the classic games, and instead you get a black screen and no image. But, you'll love the GTX cards. I like the dashboard on it too. That computer is pretty awesome though. Those are like some kind of industrial strength hoses lol. :D

I was shackled to prebuilt for a while but then I grew a pair this year (after realizing my i7 920 just wasn't cutting it anymore. nice long run with easy overclocks) Not enough to bother with anything better than air though....which is okay for now since I haven't felt like doing the OC yet...I mean, I came from a 920! :oops:

lmfao cable management????????? ... :oops:again

pcbleedingprofusely.jpg

if you're wondering why there is an ide cable in there, it's because i need them quality psx burns. whoever said burn speed doesn't matter can talk to the other six drivers i have from over the years not giving decent burns (and tbh even this one struggles with not skipping the fmvs...:()

Going to get more RAM eventually. Had to keep the budget in line so I trimmed the initial 64 to 32...then down to 16 so I could squeeze in the 1080 later on lol

edit: (yes i do have two fans at the top of the case. lol camera angles)

Last edited:
ATI does play good games, but it has trouble with some of the classic games, and instead you get a black screen and no image.

I'm glad you brought classic gaming up. I have an old Windows XP retro gaming machine in my game room that I use for old games like Q1, JFIII, and PSO:BB.

lol.JPG XP.jpg

Going to get more RAM eventually. Had to keep the budget in line so I trimmed the initial 64 to 32...then down to 16 so I could squeeze in the 1080 later on lol
Unless you run VMs or Ramdisks you don't really need that much RAM. I run a VM when I work from home which is why I have a dumb amount. I do believe ram disks are fucking ballin though lOl.

I'm glad you brought classic gaming up. I have an old Windows XP retro gaming machine in my game room that I use for old games like Q1, JFIII, and PSO:BB.

View attachment 1593 View attachment 1594

What I want is a classic floppy disc apple computer from the old days when there was no windows main screen. The only thing that existed was a black screen with green letters. I remember using the one with no color as well. I've used all those old versions. I like the one with green letters better.

Other than that, I hate all apple products except the classic retro computers from the 70s or around there.

I can use this computer for old games too. I used to want to have the same idea as you, but the only thing I would be happy with that was older would be a classic apple computer. I can run everything else on this computer, no matter how old. I've gotten every game to work on this thing.

Unless you run VMs or Ramdisks you don't really need that much RAM. I run a VM when I work from home which is why I have a dumb amount. I do believe ram disks are fucking ballin though lOl.

Yessir. I am all about ram disks. Which is why I can put it off for now, since I really use 10 gigs at most normally....

someday i want to build an emulation machine (similar to dat old gaming setup) that hooks up to my CRT. because i can't fit all the old consoles i want lmao

Currently I run 32 gigs ram, and don't use nearly that much. So it's just about having something to have the best of something and being able to have something flashy. To us, computers are like cars :) I'm sure it's very fun to build them, but I didn't build the computer I use now. It's a hands off maintenance computer, so I don't even need to change the liquid out. Most people are supposed to change the liquid every 6 months. But I've had this computer since 2014 and it's still running flawless

831830f8df2b44e51f3e853bac03b2d7.png

kzwiMZv.jpg

She's a little messy at the bottom of the case (.-.) but I 'might' be switching cases for a smaller one to allow space for a second monitor. All LEDs in it are RGB besides the video card.

Last edited:
PSU: 1250w
Motherboard: Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: i7 4930k (OC'd to 4.6ghz with a h100i cooler)
RAM: 32GB g.skill trident z
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO and 4TB Seagate rotational
Graphics: EVGA 1070 Superclocked edition... for now. That will be going in my girlfriend's PC once I can get my hands on two 1080tis when they come out. I'd post pics but I'm at work right now :p

Figured I'd ask here.

What are the best thermal pastes you guys have used? I'm changing out my thermal pads on my 2 Fury X's for some Fujipoly 17s and I realized I'm out of Cryorig CP5.

20161108_210209.jpg

Ended up going with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. Probably my last update on the build until Vega and Zen (if it's any good) come out. I don't know why Speccy shows as Xfire disabled. Works in 3dmark thoooo

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10761169
99%, not bad.

20161112_204153.jpg

and my AMD R9 collection so far lol.
20161111_143015.jpgCapture1.JPG

Last edited:
Small teaser, posted a picture in the discord a couple of days ago. Build still incomplete while I wait for some fittings, tubing, and a 360 rad to arrive. AMD R7 1800x/16gb of 3200 DDR4/C6H board. Going to steal a Fury X GPU from my 4790k/Fury X x2 build and swap the lower OC'ing card to the AMD build.

Amazon had me on backorder for my Crosshair 6 Hero board for like 3 weeks. EAT A DICK Asus lol.

20170321_131122.jpg 20170321_195449.jpg 20170324_1533450.jpg

Back