PC Guts Thread

nVYiuoJ.png

Delidded my 4770k with a delidding kit a while back using Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut to replace the stock TIM.
Saw Temperatures drop 20c on some cores.
Thankfully the new Intel CPUs coming out will have soldered IHS, so you won't have to bother with doing this any longer.

Also I bought a EVGA SC2 Black edition 1080ti for 480 usd off of a dude on Craigslist.
The new RTX cards are definitely not worth the money at this moment.

Comparison between my 1080ti OC vs My older 980ti OC in Heaven.
U6n8OCW.png

Lets just say I'm a very happy gamer now. :)

Last edited:
These computers are so pretty! I use a laptop so my parts are boring.

My specs though are
i5 7300HQ
8 GB RAM
4 GB GTX 1050
1 TB HDD

nVYiuoJ.png

Delidded my 4770k with a delidding kit a while back using Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut to replace the stock TIM.
Saw Temperatures drop 20c on some cores.
Thankfully the new Intel CPUs coming out will have soldered IHS, so you won't have to bother with doing this any longer.

Also I bought a EVGA SC2 Black edition 1080ti for 480 usd off of a dude on Craigslist.
The new RTX cards are definitely not worth the money at this moment.

Comparison between my 1080ti OC vs My older 980ti OC in Heaven.
U6n8OCW.png

Lets just say I'm a very happy gamer now. :)
Nice work! Conductonaut has been fantastic for my de-lidded 4790k I posted a while back. Are you going to take advantage of the cooler temps to bump up the voltage/overclock?

Also, congrats on the 1080ti $480 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Nice work! Conductonaut has been fantastic for my de-lidded 4790k I posted a while back. Are you going to take advantage of the cooler temps to bump up the voltage/overclock?

Also, congrats on the 1080ti $480 sounds like a pretty good deal.
I have pushed it to 4.7ghz at 1.38v.
That's as far as I was willing to go on air, my chip is very average for a 4770k.
Going to probably upgrade to 9900k if it ends up being as good as I think it will be.

Last edited:
Back