Open Beta Test: Maximum Attack 4th Stage -R- Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Matt, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    Hi guys.

Under Maximum Attack in each Episode, you'll find new quests named "Maximum Attack 4th Stage -R-". This is a randomized mixup of all the MA4 routes, meaning that each play through will be different:

Run 1: BC Caves → A Mines → B Ruins
    Run 2: A Caves → A Mines → C Ruins
    Run 3: BC Caves → C Mines → A Ruins

And so on and so forth. You will also be able to talk an NPC on Pioneer 2 to be able to choose your own maps for the run, providing nobody has gone near the main teleporter (at this point, the NPC will lock out to avoid any issues).

I'd like players to try this quest to make sure it works as intended, namely:
    • All players get warped to the same maps.
    • All the warps actually work (they are not teleporters, but particle effects with forced warps)
    • The quest clears everytime
    And any other issues you might be able to find.

Please note that unlike Random Attack Xrd, a red player is not necessary as all the random rolls are done at the start, forcing all players to roll the same numbers.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Kyu, Koh, Echelon and 17 others like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Another V101 Staff Member

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    upload_2019-3-19_15-51-2.png

All I cared about was having it in the right spot here. Looks good to me, ship it. :lenny:

Koh and Knowl like this.
  3. Matt

Guildcard:
    You know very well I'm just as pedantic as you are.

Knowl, Harborer of Hope and Ryan like this.
  4. cameron-

cameron- Cameron

Guildcard:
    uwu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS MATT <3

Harborer of Hope, SLU and Ryan like this.
  5. Matt

Guildcard:
    The route changer NPC has been added. In the Hunter's Guild you will find Momoka who can set specific routes for you (or just randomize them again). You will not be able to use her services once someone approaches the main teleporter, roughly about when the door opens, just to avoid any potential issues.

Anyone can use her, she does not have to be spoken to by a specific person. Let me know if not everyone gets the same route after using her, or just any other general issues, thanks.

Ade and CARNAGE like this.
  6. Dab

Dab Casual Elitist

Guildcard:
    Awesome idea!

7. No Hit

No Hit Member

Will be playin this today. Good stuff, I hope you'll allow a choice of which set to choose after the testing is over (like ma4mix)

Mainly would just be looking for an ABC route next to ma4mix.

edit: jk turns out you can choose routes. Very nice.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  8. Matt

Guildcard:
    I've already done what you're asking No Hit with momoka in the guild.

Also so people know, the R stands for Random.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    No Hit and EricPimpi like this.
  9. No Hit

No Hit Member

The R stand for Remix in my headcanon

10. Matt

Guildcard:
    RNG is pretty fried but I have a fix that shouldn't require specific slots (trying to avoid this). I'll do it tomorrow since it's late now.

For now, just use NPC to set your routes (including random), which will always work.

No Hit likes this.
  11. Knowl

Knowl Member

Yo this is sick. Nice one Matt

cameron- likes this.
  12. Matt

Guildcard:
    Done some things:
    • Telepipes turning invisible on P2 has been fixed.
    • The script has been changed so the random roll should be the same for all players (edit: I just tested this and I always get the same myself, but might not be the same for others)
    • Moved the threshold before Momoka stops working closer to the teleporter
    Let me know if things don't work as intended.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    No Hit and Ade like this.
  13. Matt

Guildcard:
    Since nobody has reported anything major since, I'll start work on Episode 2 and 4 to be done before Monday (hopefully, busy today and tomorrow).

There have been comments on map weighting but I'm unable to replicate the issue, as I got a varied set of maps in 10 runs.

Knowl, Ryan, Roo and 3 others like this.
  14. Matt

Guildcard:
    I've just finished Episode 2, which has been added to Fodra. I've managed to iron out all the bugs I could find, but it's possible I've missed something. Let me know if there's any issues when playing.

Regarding Tower, what I have done is that Tower has a 50% chance to appear at the end of Seabed in any route. When you use the console (which also now appears in C route), you will either finish the quest or warp to Tower, depending on what has been decided randomly or by Elly.

I would have released both 2 and 4 at the same time, but I need to go do something and will get Episode 4 finished by tonight, and figured I might as well let people play it so they can break things.

EricPimpi, Yuffie, NDW and 3 others like this.
  15. No Hit

No Hit Member

good solution to tower, thanks

cameron- likes this.
  16. Matt

Guildcard:
    Episode 4 has been done and has been uploaded. I've fixed a bug in the Episode 2 quest as well that would have the quest not start if you got A or B route at the start.

You'll be able to see the warps for Episode 4 as well before you've finished with Crater, but they won't work until everything has been defeated. I can probably think of a cleaner method to do the warps in the future but right now I feel like doing something else with my Sunday evening.

Probably obvious but MA4 Mix has also been retired since this series of quests makes it obsolete.

Yuffie, Echelon, No Hit and 3 others like this.
  17. Matt

Guildcard:
    I've fixed:
    • Warps not appearing in Episode 4
    • Seabed A not spawning enemies in Episode 2
    • Player 4 not getting the same maps as other players in Episode 4 (? I feel like this might break again, but I can't replicate it any more)
    Let me know if anything else breaks.

CARNAGE, Echelon, Ryan and 1 other person like this.
  18. Klekt

Klekt Member

Guildcard:
    Just did a run of MA4-2R, where we got a pop up saying we had gotten all kills despite being only halfway through tower. In case it matters: the areas were a combination of A and B routes but I can't say so with complete confidence.

cameron- and Ryan like this.
  19. Matt

Guildcard:
    Found the issue for Episode 4 warp not appearing again, and also made it so that message for all enemies killed won't appear in Episode 2.

Klekt likes this.
  20. cameron-

cameron- Cameron

Guildcard:
    question, do kills in MA4R quests add to their respective episode's personal kill counts?