Only getting 1~2 exp per shot King's Raygun in ult

RedKing

Hopeless Creature
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
So I've been feeding and testing a DEX mag with my 45 hit King's Raygun in ultimate mode today, and discovered that I'm gaining only 1exp per shot from Bartles.
I can't get any other information in about this problem other than the fact I noticed 2 days ago I was only getting 42 exp per hit from Gulgus when it said I should be getting 80.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=560

Though 42 for 80 seems odd, will have to look at that. Weapon reductions were added into the code. Mechs, Shots, and Slicers should be reduced to 1/3rd. Partisans, Swords, Daggers, Double Sabers, Twin Swords, and Launchers reduced to 1/2, unless it's 10* or higher.

None of those reductions should count though since Raygun is a pistol type.

Also the exp being set down to 1 was happening when I had fired my first shot at a new Bartle, which means instead of getting my 200-and-whatever exp first, I was immediately cut to 1exp shots.

Edit: Unless I dumbed out... Either way.. Sorry if this ends up being a waste of time and I was just wrong :/

It's bugged, I see the bug, but I'm also wondering how PSO gets 80 experience to steal from a Bartle anyway.

Bartle is worth 271 experience. 12% (King's Special) would be 32.5 exp. If you factored in the 30% bonus from a droid, that'd be 42 exp. Why does the client flash "EXP +80"?

Androids get a 30% bonus for EXP stealing on top of their boosted activation rates, but the EXP bonus is handled in a silly way. It's added to the EXP percentage stolen, so a King's weapon will steal 42%, rather than 12% * 1.3. Since most enemies on Ultimate have > 200 EXP, you hit the 80 EXP cap on almost every enemy when you steal from it. FYI, there isn't really any need to add a restriction to prevent you from stealing "too much" EXP from an enemy, because BB already fixed the "Recoboxing" exploit. If you hit an enemy but do 0 damage, you can't steal EXP from it, so eventually you must kill the Recobox when you're stealing from it, as each attack has to do at least 1 damage for you to steal any EXP from it in the first place.

Since PSO BB is on a computer, people use AHK macros to pipe up and down to reset enemy HP to keep EXP stealing overnight, so it still need to be "fixed" if Sodaboy didn't want people to box their levels.

It was happening on the server and that's why a few people are above 150-160 already.

Matt said:
Since PSO BB is on a computer, people use AHK macros to pipe up and down to reset enemy HP to keep EXP stealing overnight, so it still need to be "fixed" if Sodaboy didn't want people to box their levels.

It was happening on the server and that's why a few people are above 150-160 already.

I play as a fleshie...I got it done the hard way :p

Matt said:
Since PSO BB is on a computer, people use AHK macros to pipe up and down to reset enemy HP to keep EXP stealing overnight
Hmm... I thought enemy HP would only reset from piping in offline mode. Either way, that's... really pathetic.

It does on BB -- if all players leave the area, enemy HP is reset.

I think the idea is to make a more complete and accurate server rather than stripping down things, which would require to go down all the weapons and remove the exp stealing specials from them, which as a programmer has no challenge on it xD

Back